23-24 Season Win Prediction

How many games will this years Suns win?

• Under 41 - Miss the playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42-48 - Play-In team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We need 1Sun to return and explain why this squad won't win 41 and miss the playoffs. I'd be interested in how he'd spin it. I'm sure injuries would be mentioned but IIRC he also had an irrational hatred for Point Book.
I think any team you have Book, you will win 40. That said, injuries, sure. You can make a case about having so many new players, and new coaching, injuries, slow start, etc.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need 1Sun to return and explain why this squad won't win 41 and miss the playoffs. I'd be interested in how he'd spin it. I'm sure injuries would be mentioned but IIRC he also had an irrational hatred for Point Book.
Suns have a power forward now I think. Wonder how he would spin the trade for Duant

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I thought he was entertaining. All people had to do was stop replying and it would’ve been an ongoing gag. I would like to hear his opinion on this team and Ishbia just for the helluva it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how people only remember what they want to remember.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was entertaining. All people had to do was stop replying and it would’ve been an ongoing gag. I would like to hear his opinion on this team and Ishbia just for the helluva it.
I'm okay with him gone, I'd be okay with him back. My biggest concern was his self-admitted agenda that led to some unsupportable takes - his agenda being to drive fans away so that Sarver would lose money and sell the team. Not a bad goal but trying it on a Suns fan site probably wasn't the best way to go about it.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Had he just complained from a personal point of view and left it at that then I think he'd still be here. It was the excessive posting whether anyone would reply or not where he'd repeat the same thing over and over that got to be too much. He also admitted he didn't believe a lot of the negative narratives he pushed as he had an admitted agenda, as Steve noted. Once he did that then there was no point in letting him continue to sabotage the board. I doubt that was as true as he made it out to be because he did the same thing on the Dbacks board as well. It seemed like a last ditch attempt to save face and convince people he wasn't Chicken Little.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess would be 61-65 ish, I believe this team is more talent loaded than the 64 win squad! If health is on our side, which usually is a key factor to any top seed, no reason we should win 60+ imo

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had he just complained from a personal point of view and left it at that then I think he'd still be here. It was the excessive posting whether anyone would reply or not where he'd repeat the same thing over and over that got to be too much. He also admitted he didn't believe a lot of the negative narratives he pushed as he had an admitted agenda, as Steve noted. Once he did that then there was no point in letting him continue to sabotage the board. I doubt that was as true as he made it out to be because he did the same thing on the Dbacks board as well. It seemed like a last ditch attempt to save face and convince people he wasn't Chicken Little.
That's trolling.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Division winners selection, based on Win totals. But i'm going bold and going for the #1 seed with 57 wins in the western conference.

Nuggets - lost depth, something everyone (media/analysts/fans) have said that's what the suns were missing. Well the nuggets are missing that now. Jokic will be Jokic, i dont see his game growing any better than it is, with that said, i dont see anyone else growing on that team either except Braun. KCP is older and most likely MPJ never grows comfortable with being a role player on the team.

Warriors - older, older, older and added another old guy. I just dont think they have enough in the tank to finish in the top 4. They'll be climbing from the bottom again to finish off higher seeds. Wiggins seemed to regress, maybe he bounces back. Can Green and CP coexist?

Lakers - aside from AD, I'm not scared of these guys. They made good acquisitions but can those guys be relied upon for big games? I dont think so, as their play was so up and down in the post season.

Kings - this past season was their chance to make the leap to top tier but they folded and folded bad. I don't see the Kings improving, they didn't make enough changes this season to improve any short comings and i dont see their roster improving as most of the tops guys are already at their peak.

Grizz - darkhorse this season with Smart added, but they'll be missing Ja to start. Rose should help with some veteran leadership.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Home court would be nice. Ar this point for me I don't care what seed we are. Just as long as we go into the playoffs hot and healthy..

Hot and healthy..

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Home court would be nice. Ar this point for me I don't care what seed we are. Just as long as we go into the playoffs hot and healthy..

Hot and healthy..
I would argue it’s very important to bloody noses of the top teams before heading into the playoffs. Sowing seeds of doubt in their minds will make our path forward less bumpy. I want opponents thinking how the hell do we keep this team from scoring more points than we do:)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN has us penciled in as #2 in the West with a 51-31 record behind Denver. Can't disagree with their placement or win total very much.

Here's their short blurb on the Suns....

Phoenix, according to our experts, serves as the biggest threat within the inner circle of title contenders. The new-look Suns showcase a recently acquired Bradley Beal alongside Devin Booker, Kevin Durant and Deandre Ayton. If the Suns can build out their depth and stay healthy, they certainly demand attention in the West.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess would be 61-65 ish, I believe this team is more talent loaded than the 64 win squad! If health is on our side, which usually is a key factor to any top seed, no reason we should win 60+ imo
That would be my guess if I thought we would be mostly healthy. But with our stars injury histories that seems very unlikely to me.

Therefore I would predict more in the low 50 win area based on that.

To tell you the truth, I really don't care much about the regular season record at all. I just want this team to make the playoffs and to be healthy when they start.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Hollinger of ESPN doesn't think the Suns will reach their projected win total of 52.5 games.

By October 5th, 2023 at 8:25pm CST by Tristan Tucker, Hoops Rumors:

Of note, Hollinger also doesn’t think the Suns will reach their projected total of 52.5 wins, despite adding Bradley Beal and depth in the offseason. Hollinger reasons that health is a concern and that while he thinks they are certainly contenders in the postseason, the regular season might be bumpy.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
John Hollinger of ESPN doesn't think the Suns will reach their projected win total of 52.5 games.

By October 5th, 2023 at 8:25pm CST by Tristan Tucker, Hoops Rumors:

Of note, Hollinger also doesn’t think the Suns will reach their projected total of 52.5 wins, despite adding Bradley Beal and depth in the offseason. Hollinger reasons that health is a concern and that while he thinks they are certainly contenders in the postseason, the regular season might be bumpy.

Fool!

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's the blurb from the ESPN+ article on the Suns, who are listed #5 in the West.

1 - Memphis 48.4 wins
2 - Minnesota 47.7 wins
3 - Denver 46.4 wins
4 - Golden State 43.7

Suns at 43.5 wins. Too bad that isn't the betting odds.

Give the Suns credit for building out their depth with savvy signings for the veteran's minimum and last week's trade turning Deandre Ayton into three potential rotation players. Still, this is a top-heavy Phoenix roster that almost certainly figures to be better in the playoffs than the regular season given the injury track record of stars Bradley Beal, Devin Booker and Durant.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the blurb from the ESPN+ article on the Suns, who are listed #5 in the West.

1 - Memphis 48.4 wins
2 - Minnesota 47.7 wins
3 - Denver 46.4 wins
4 - Golden State 43.7

They’ve got no one winning 50 games? Man… maybe that’s the way the league is going with so many stars load managing, but that seems bananas.

I peg us to win around 52 games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1 - Memphis 48.4 wins
2 - Minnesota 47.7 wins
3 - Denver 46.4 wins
4 - Golden State 43.7

I haven't paid attention to the new tournament, are those games not counted in season totals and is that why everyone's numbers seem to be low?

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't paid attention to the new tournament, are those games not counted in season totals and is that why everyone's numbers seem to be low?

They count. They're just really low projections. Only 1 East team, the Celtics, is projected to win 50+, 54.3. He has Cleveland #2 with 48.6 and Milwaukee at 48.5 is #3.

Inversely, the bad teams are projected rather high. Only 2 teams below 30 wins. San Antonio and Detroit. So it's a really odd article.

I think there is a lot of parity and some teams won't grind that hard through the season but I'd be surprised if the 8th seed in the West only wins 41, as projected. The Lakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson