Suns TV announcers

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think you offended me with that last sentence. What's so generic about the Southwest?
I didn't mean to offend anyone ('don't see a smiley).

Phoenix has no Italian neighborhood or Polish neighborhood or Jewish neighborhood or Chinatown or Japantown or Korean neighborhood.

Besides, California isn't the "Southwest", it's the West Coast. 'No reason for you to be offended. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to offend anyone ('don't see a smiley).

Phoenix has no Italian neighborhood or Polish neighborhood or Jewish neighborhood or Chinatown or Japantown or Korean neighborhood.

Besides, California isn't the "Southwest", it's the West Coast. 'No reason for you to be offended. :)

I don't think he was seriously offended. Lightly bruised maybe. And I think you're wrong on the Phoenix area neighborhoods.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are definitely neighborhoods with loads of one ethnicity or another. We may not have a place labeled "China Town", but I know for sure of a Vietnamese neighborhood, several Jewish neighborhoods (including an orthodox one right near my home), I know an apartment complex that is basically pure Serbian.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I haven't been in the Valley in a long time but growing up there I was certainly aware of the kind of neighborhoods you're talking about. They weren't as large or prominent as what you're talking about but they existed.

Steve

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
There are definitely neighborhoods with loads of one ethnicity or another. We may not have a place labeled "China Town", but I know for sure of a Vietnamese neighborhood, several Jewish neighborhoods (including an orthodox one right near my home), I know an apartment complex that is basically pure Serbian.
Remember, my comparison about, well, pocket communities, referred to Steve Albert's New York.

His personality plays to that. Certainly not to Phoenix. He is a square peg in a round hole here in the Valley.

I don't think his routine would go over in L.A. County or Orange County or Riverside County either.