Suns @ Thunder Friday game thread 3-29-2024

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
OKC is a young team with great young 3pt shooters and a lot of athletic talent. Without Shai, their offense is less predictable. When Joe, Wiggins, Wallace and even Dort shoot 3s like that, while our GA and EG combine for 2/17, it's hard to win. And Bol appeared in the useless mode every once in 3 games, who refused to shoot the open 3s. It's easier said than done, but coach needs to have some feel for the live form of the players after a couple of min and adjust accordingly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a gutless team with an awful coach. Grayson Allen being the best thing about suns this season, with bol being able to play as second best story should be all anyone needs to know how dreadful this season is.

Book has been a tremendous disappointment this season. But I mainly chalk that up to playing him out of position.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt. All of my worst fears about his ceiling have resurfaced after those two incredible CP3 years and most of the playoffs last year before those last two brutal Nuggets games.

Now, that’s not to say Book isn’t still a great player. He is. But he’s not someone a team can be built around as it’s #1 if you want to be a true NBA title contender.
I have been saying this for some time. It puts the Suns in a tough spot. You have to get someone better than him to play with him to win a title. They may not be possible. So, if the Suns blow this up you must consider moving Book. He isn’t going to stick around for another rebuild anyway should you not be able to get that player to play with him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vogel deserves plenty of blame but so does James Jones. It seems the only goal in building this roster was to beat Denver which was/is shortsighted since Denver aren't the 90's Bulls. He did something similar when we lost to Milwaukee, we added Javale for a potential rematch disregarding everything else. He didn't do it after the Mavs loss but I can see him chalking that up to a fluke since we imploded more than the Mavericks beat us. We'd be fine against Denver in a series but against any other top seeded West team we get clobbered so a playoff rematch with Denver doesn't matter.

We need a whole new approach. Fire Jones, fire Vogel, let anyone other than Grayson walk this off-season and find a deal for KD. I'm not sure if we'll be better off next season but we should be better in the long haul. Be ready to blow it up entirely by the deadline just in case we're in the bottom tier of the West. Have deals in place to turn anyone we have into picks.

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Durant covered his points, that’s all I wanted. OKC was killing it at the three and it’s time to bet against Booker getting his buckets

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im 34 years old and watched 95% of suns games since i was 10, this is by far the most dissapointed ive ever been in a team. No heart, no effort, no fun, no good. To make matters worse, the next 10 years were mortgaged for this dog ****

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
First time I didn't watch the game all the way to the end of the game, maybe ever. My dad had me watching these games from the first year in existence. I just want one Larry O trophy before I die....

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Vogel deserves plenty of blame but so does James Jones. It seems the only goal in building this roster was to beat Denver which was/is shortsighted since Denver aren't the 90's Bulls. He did something similar when we lost to Milwaukee, we added Javale for a potential rematch disregarding everything else. He didn't do it after the Mavs loss but I can see him chalking that up to a fluke since we imploded more than the Mavericks beat us. We'd be fine against Denver in a series but against any other top seeded West team we get clobbered so a playoff rematch with Denver doesn't matter.
Exactly. It's become painfully obvious the cannot hang with the young, athletic teams that can run. They can only beat the big, slow teams, ie, Nuggets.

All they need is a couple of young players added. Right now they play old and slow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly. It's become painfully obvious the cannot hang with the young, athletic teams that can run. They can only beat the big, slow teams, ie, Nuggets.

All they need is a couple of young players added. Right now they play old and slow.
I forget how beautiful basketball can look with athletic skilled players that incorporate speed and movement in their game. No wonder I find the current suns boring. Forget about the awful turnovers and lack of effort, they just play the ugliest form of basketball since the 90s Knicks (mind you I’m not saying they play the same type/style, just that it’s just totally unaesthetic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forget how beautiful basketball can look with athletic skilled players that incorporate speed and movement in their game. No wonder I find the current suns boring. Forget about the awful turnovers and lack of effort, they just play the ugliest form of basketball since the 90s Knicks (mind you I’m not saying they play the same type/style, just that it’s just totally unaesthetic.

Yup… a team that plays both a ton of iso while also playing almost exclusively below the rim makes for a fugly watch. Especially if they’re middling as far as wins are concerned.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's the exact same make up on the Mercury. Big plodding center, who they never iso on the low post, so WTF? An aged sharpshooter that has lost a step. Then they go get players that are highly skilled, but not athletic. Same formula as the Suns. Now though, at least the Mercury have seemed to figure it out and are bringing in more athletic players. I watch both teams and it's been the same poo, can't beat the double teams, let alone take advantage of it, and are too slow driving the ball that other teams can recover when they do drive off the three point line.

Bradley Beal is proving this lack of athleticism. Since he began sacrificing his offensive play to play smothering D, we have won some games. That proves what you guys are saying, we need more athletic guys that can trap, and recover, play the passing lanes, play more physical. Grayson Allen is surprisingly more physical than I thought he would be. Royce One and Thad young have been good pick ups. The problem is they lack the speed, strength AND length other teams like the Pelicans are dishing out to us. We had no one that could match the lay up line the Pels pulled on us last night. KD as old as he is, was the only guy to manage some blocks and slow them down at all.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said: I forget how beautiful basketball can look with athletic skilled players that incorporate speed and movement in their game. No wonder I find the current suns boring. Forget about the awful turnovers and lack of effort, they just play the ugliest form of basketball since the 90s Knicks (mind you I’m not saying they play the same type/style, just that it’s just totally unaesthetic.
I thought the same exact thing watching the Pels play last night!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns sold their soul at the 2022-23 trade deadline.

Now there are only the memories of the 2020-21 Finals run.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just dawned on me my Dad died never seeing this team win a Championship. Me next. My two boys I suckered into being Suns fans. Wow! Hopefully, in Ishbia we trust...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If a week ago I told all of you that we would go 1-1 when playing the Nuggets and Thunder this week, you'd all be ecstatic.
NO! After losing that second game to San Antonio, now we need to make up ground. This team put themselves in a tight spot, they now have to rip off a bunch of wins to get into the 5th or 6th spot and avoid a play in. I am NOT happy at all. In fact, I am looking more forward to Dbacks games now. The Suns are my primary team, and they have two of my all time favorite players on the team. They are playing just lackluster based on their collective Bball IQ, and Talent level. They are not adjusting to the opponents or refs during games and just act the victim to the refs. Totally playing down to opponents. Are they just trying not to get hurt? That's the only thing I can think of as to why they aren't balling all out each game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard