Suns @ Thunder Friday game thread 3-29-2024

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think the suns played fairly well that half. OKC was just better.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not playing defense against the team that's missing their best player - stop me if you've heard this one before
Couldn’t disagree more! They are playing pretty solid D what are you watching? OKC are knocking down tough contested shots many of which are at the end of the shot clock! If they keep up the same D OKC has to come back to earth all those guys are hitting every damn shot the shoot even with hands in their faces.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
once they knew we were shooting 3s they started defending the 3 plus getting down court on offense by doing so

so that didn't work one bit - even when we're shooting over 40% from deep

and okogie outta no where? instead of the other rust free options? and why not utilize our height against okc? maybe perhaps because we're not that smart

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Our D is above average for the season, but we have the problem of not identifying the hot hand shooter and cover them better. What was Book thinking of leaving his initial guy Joe open to switch to the lesser shooter Giddy! The whole OKC team is making 3s with close defense like crazy. And we need to sell more fouls to punish their moving screens and weaker defenders like Joe.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our D is above average for the season, but we have the problem of not identifying the hot hand shooter and cover them better. What was Book thinking of leaving his initial guy Joe open to switch to the lesser shooter Giddy! The whole OKC team is making 3s with close defense like crazy. And we need to sell more fouls to punish their moving screens and weaker defenders like Joe.
Did you just say our D is above average for the season?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Couldn’t disagree more! They are playing pretty solid D what are you watching? OKC are knocking down tough contested shots many of which are at the end of the shot clock! If they keep up the same D OKC has to come back to earth all those guys are hitting every damn shot the shoot even with hands in their faces.
Giving up 70 points in a half is considered good defense? I don’t think so. Just so you know, I am only going by the scoreboard, not watching the game. Only 2 forced (?) turn overs?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… we just can’t defend this team. They’re a terrible matchup for us, with or without SGA.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giving up 70 points in a half is considered good defense? I don’t think so. Just so you know, I am only going by the scoreboard, not watching the game. Only 2 forced (?) turn overs?
Because they are making everything, can’t just look at the scoreboard. Suns are playing well, OKC just playing great right now can they keep up their insane shooting we will see.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man when we go into a shooting slump it’s ridiculous it rubs off on everyone! Hit a damn bucket you bunch of dip *****!

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, it was competitive in the first half… Just awful basketball form the Suns right now.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
well that's a wrap from oklahoma - thx for coming out and please accept this most embarrassing L without our mvp caliber player in the line up as a parting gift

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it was competitive in the first half… Just awful basketball form the Suns right now.
Well they are missing shots, but they are getting good shots.

OKC is nearly playing flawlessly though. I am very impressed.

They are going to be the team to beat for a long time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they are missing shots, but they are getting good shots.

OKC is nearly playing flawlessly though. I am very impressed.

They are going to be the team to beat for a long time.

Yup… this is a young, athletic/great shooting/great passing team with a ton of size and creators that can throw an array of different looks at you.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
and now we're just going to leave Book in with 4 fouls and 7 minutes left in the 3rd freakin quarter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard