Suns @ Spurs 12-30-15

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think a number of Suns players would play well for the Spurs. It's more about the coaching than the players IMO.

That too. The Spurs always bring in players with a certain unselfish mindset even if their not particularly that skilled so I'm not sure they would want many or any Suns players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the towel boy has to be prepping his resume as we speak because his job is probably next to go on our front office's accountability chart!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
the towel boy has to be prepping his resume as we speak because his job is probably next to go on our front office's accountability chart!

Lol this is exactly what I was going to post! I can't wait to see what game changing personnel moves Sarver has in the chamber after this embarrassment, fire the dancers and the water boys! #headswillroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JC that's quite an accusation your making there about Goodwin. What makes you think he's part of the Markieff Morris attitude stuff?

From everything that Hornacek and McD ever say about Goodwin, he's the ultimate pro who put in a ton of time in the gym during the off season and does what's asked of him during the season. I have never seen anything even close to resembling that Goodwin could be a problem child.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...f-morris-quiet-archie-goodwin-talks/31494667/

Also. Some who were there saw Archie laughing when Kieff threw the towel.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...f-morris-quiet-archie-goodwin-talks/31494667/

Also. Some who were there saw Archie laughing when Kieff threw the towel.
Lol so did you want Goodwin to curse out his teammate when he's asked about him publicly or something? Wouldn't you be here complaining what an ass Goodwin is for calling him out publicly instead of just spitting the usual PR stuff out there for the media?

So Goodwin says stuff like Kieff is a great teammate, not a bad player, is a positive guy and he's blamed for Kieff's problems while Hornacek takes every opportunity he can to say that Kieff works hard in practice, is a great teammate and that he's done everything asked of him and McD says stuff like Kieff is a good person, ultimate professional etc and yet Goodwin's the bad guy while Hornacek and McD get no blame? Hornacek and McD have publicly supported Kieff too...so maybe their the ones to blame too...

And oh yea Bledsoe echoed statements of support for Kieff this summer too

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/648556146656043008

Get rid of Bledsoe too then?

Last edited:

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Other than a rumor I heard about Goran I've not heard anything that suggested Marcus and Markieff were anything but great teammates on the court, in the locker room and away from the court.

But there's no secret that the twins took Archie under their wing and may well have influenced him into believing he was closer to ready than he really was and that might have raised some issues. But I have no idea if his limited playing time has anything to do with Markieff's situation.

bwgood77

Reaction score
Cotton

23 minutes for Bryce Cotton
16 minutes for Archie Goodwin
13 minutes for Sonny Weems

Nice to see the young or new guys get minutes. I thought Bryce showed flashes despite also making some dumb plays, and he is quick. Already like him more than the other guys you mentioned.

bwgood77

Reaction score
Yea... given that the completely blew out the Mavs tonight without Curry, you're probably right... :mulli:

No, they wouldn't but there have been advanced stats showing the Klay Thompson is a net negative on the floor without Curry. I noticed Klay and Dray shot 4-13 tonight. When you don't have that one guy commanding attention from everyone, it makes your jobs quite a bit tougher on offense.

bwgood77

Reaction score
Other than a rumor I heard about Goran I've not heard anything that suggested Marcus and Markieff were anything but great teammates on the court, in the locker room and away from the court.

But there's no secret that the twins took Archie under their wing and may well have influenced him into believing he was closer to ready than he really was and that might have raised some issues. But I have no idea if his limited playing time has anything to do with Markieff's situation.

I think they are usually great teammates, but they lose control at officials and certainly off the court...I knew a guy who went to Kansas with them and he said they were bad news and protected there..he alluded to beating up women and stuff.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Again Weems before Goodwin. Plus Keef shoots an airball on his first heave.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Can't buy a shot in the fourth. Puzzled why Booker doesn't get more minutes even in garbage time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol so did you want Goodwin to curse out his teammate when he's asked about him publicly or something? Wouldn't you be here complaining what an ass Goodwin is for calling him out publicly instead of just spitting the usual PR stuff out there for the media?

So Goodwin says stuff like Kieff is a great teammate, not a bad player, is a positive guy and he's blamed for Kieff's problems while Hornacek takes every opportunity he can to say that Kieff works hard in practice, is a great teammate and that he's done everything asked of him and McD says stuff like Kieff is a good person, ultimate professional etc and yet Goodwin's the bad guy while Hornacek and McD get no blame? Hornacek and McD have publicly supported Kieff too...so maybe their the ones to blame too...

And oh yea Bledsoe echoed statements of support for Kieff this summer too

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/648556146656043008

Get rid of Bledsoe too then?

I was speculating why Goodwin might not be getting playing time for reasons other than just his play. Did I advocate getting rid of him anywhere?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't buy a shot in the fourth. Puzzled why Booker doesn't get more minutes even in garbage time.

25 minutes is enough to really develop some continuity. You have to reserve some time so that you can reward him for good play later.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Some of us just want to see what he can do with consistent PT.

Exactly. But I'm certain Archie gets a DNP the next couple of games. Just trade him already. Don't waste his opportunity to make it with another team. A change of scenery might do him good.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cotton is awful. I cringed every time he touched the ball.

DISH only offered the Spurs broadcast so that's what I watched. Their announcing crew spoke highly of Cotton (from his time with the Austin Spurs) but I saw nothing particularly praiseworthy. But nobody in a Suns uniform looked all that good yesterday so maybe he'll show better against a more even opponent (maybe in the Lakers game?).