Suns @ Raptors

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If they got Warren 15-20 shots a game he"d average 20.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...This is a game thread. I dont think i have come accross a two post game thread by the end of regulation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see the Suns get a win in Toronto. That foul by Knight on a three point shot at the end gave me heartburn.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow...This is a game thread. I dont think i have come accross a two post game thread by the end of regulation.

The earlier start conflicting with a lot of football may have something to do with that.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The earlier start conflicting with a lot of football may have something to do with that.
How often are a Cards game and a Suns game on at the same time?

I was switching back and forth until the football ended.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Impressive win?

Beating another mediocre team without their starting center does not qualify as impressive to me.

Tucker continues to be awful. At some point I thought he might be drunk out there. He is so clueless offensively. He has two plays, standing in the corner or bullying to the rim usually resulting in a charge. His 3 seconds in the paint call was ridiculous.

Markieff Morris jumpshot is so far off most of the time, it is hard to explain that.

Ronnie Price, why in the world is Hornacek playing Price 24 minutes when Bledsoe and Knight are in uniform? I could understand signing Price as a veteran backup PG. Playing him at shooting guard while Goodwin and Booker ride the bench is hard to swallow.
Goodwin has been productive in the minutes he has gotten but Hornacek drops him like a hot potatoe everytime.

Archie 5ppg 2rpg 0.6 apg 47%FG 11mpg and decreasing
Price 4ppg 1rpg 1.7apg 41%FG 13mpg and increasing

With the exception of the OKC game Archie put up at least 11 points when he played 10 minutes or more.

And do not tell me now that Archie makes boneheaded plays. I'd like to refer you to Ronnie Price turning it over and then giving up a cheap and 1 foul on the fastbreak on top of that in the 4th quarter.

Too bad he played less than 6 minutes in 6 of 11 games he even got any minutes.

Fire Hornacek.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker should be playing, that frustrates me, and that I wouldn't be at all shocked if Warren's minutes remain inconsistent is also frustrating, but Archie has stunk. He is a turnover machine who does not play defense and cannot shoot. Price isn't good either but he can actually handle the ball, unlike Archie.

Worth noting, the Raptors just came off of beating the Wizards, Clippers and Cavs without their starting center, so its not like they're crap without him.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Archie is averaging the same number of turnovers as Price 0.9 vs 0.8.

And unlike Price or Booker he attacks the rim. Twice as many free throw attemps as Booker, 4 times as many as Price.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does Booker start a few games ago in place of an injured player but now he can't find the court? I hope the team has something planned for December 15th to send Markieff and hopefully Tucker out of here in exchange for a starting 3 or 4 plus a scorer off the bench.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Price can dribble but that's about it.
Goodwin attacks and attacks, draws fouls.

Which would you guys prefer?

Our starting forwards need to sit more often. Let the backups get some playing time. Then move Booker into the lineup more than Price. Booker has okay handles, enough to make it up court and set up the offense.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Price can dribble but that's about it.
Goodwin attacks and attacks, draws fouls.

Which would you guys prefer?

Our starting forwards need to sit more often. Let the backups get some playing time. Then move Booker into the lineup more than Price. Booker has okay handles, enough to make it up court and set up the offense.

I can't figure out why Price is playing as much as he is. There is no reason Knight can't handle 10-15 minutes per game running the point, and there is zero reason for Price to be playing alongside Bledsoe and Knight. This team needs shooting, so let the youngster (Booker) play!

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Price often steadies the team when he comes in. He's only averaging 12.8 minutes so it's not like he's playing major minutes (Booker 12.2, Goodwin 11.6). And he plays tenacious defense. I don't know if he plays good defense but he is tenacious.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Price often steadies the team when he comes in. He's only averaging 12.8 minutes so it's not like he's playing major minutes (Booker 12.2, Goodwin 11.6). And he plays tenacious defense. I don't know if he plays good defense but he is tenacious.

The minutes are misleading since Goodwin and Booker regularly get DNPs.

Yesterday Price played 23 minutes, Booker and Goodwin 0.

Price D is overrated and effort alone does not entitle him to the minutes he is getting.

Even if Price was better than Goodwin or Booker right now, he still should not play before them.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The minutes are misleading since Goodwin and Booker regularly get DNPs.

Yesterday Price played 23 minutes, Booker and Goodwin 0.

Price D is overrated and effort alone does not entitle him to the minutes he is getting.

Even if Price was better than Goodwin or Booker right now, he still should not play before them.

And we won. On the road. Against a better team. Yes they were playing without their starting center but so were we.

I'd like to see Booker get more minutes but I don't understand your Goodwin fixation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not understand the Suns fascination with Price either. Maybe it's like Catlover says, he steadies the team but I'm not sure how much. Although I do not have any stats to support it, I think Booker has the smarts to play some backup PG to get him on the court instead of Price. Hornacek would have to define his role as such but I think he could make the transition until he can play regular minutes at SG. He would give the Suns more offensive punch as well. If Booker were given regular minutes I think he would steadily improve and he would be a fairly good player by the end of the year.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And we won. On the road. Against a better team. Yes they were playing without their starting center but so were we.

I'd like to see Booker get more minutes but I don't understand your Goodwin fixation.

And what kind of argument is that?

Who says we would not have won with Goodwin or Booker instead of Price?

Price contributed nothing positive. He was awful. His only noteworthy play was a potential 5 point turnaround for the Raptors.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what kind of argument is that?

Who says we would not have won with Goodwin or Booker instead of Price?

Price contributed nothing positive. He was awful. His only noteworthy play was a potential 5 point turnaround for the Raptors.

Because it is about chemistry on the floor. This team produced a win. Can't argue with results.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn