Suns Fans Abroad need YOU!!!

Atescoop

Reaction score
I am a Suns fan but live abroad like many other Suns fans. There are many like me, who, without the internet, could not get any games at all. In some countries cable companies offer only a few games a week. Also, DirectTV is not available outside the US. A lot of you take all your NBA broadcasts for granted. But thanks to the existence of the Bittorrent Network, we can download a small portion of NBA Games. What thousands of suns fans desperately need is some Sun´s fan like yourself, who may have access to all the Suns games(locally televised), and could just take a little time to record it on their TIVO with a re-wrightable DVD, rip it to an H264, RM, Xvid, or divX format mp4 with your PC, and upload it. It is quite easy. To read more about the How-to-do, please go to http://www.hoopsfanforum.net
To see the results of many other heroes in the online Basketball community, just visit these sites.
http://bt.davka.info/
http://www.sport-scene.net
I am searching for a devote internet sauvy Suns fan, who would find satisfaction in making it possible for thousands of anonymous Suns fans to acquire rips of Suns games. I´m sure there is plenty of advice at the above mentioned sites on "how to" without risk.
Comparing the particular Suns games poping up in the Bittorrent Network with the Suns´Local(Phoenix 45)/National(TNT,ESPN) TV Schedule, it came to my attention that the only Suns games being uploaded are the ones that are broadcast nationally. Hence, the people doing it live in the states, but we need someone in the Phoenix area to have mercy on our souls and help us get our basketball fix. Ever since watching your Suns, I don´t want to watch any other games. It might take a serious Suns fan though to want to help others like us for nothing else but the gratification of knowing how much you have contributed to the international community of Suns fans.
There is for example a Toronto Raptor´s fan who uploads many Raptor games,as well as uploaders of Kings, LAL, and Rockets. We desprately need such a Suns fan. Even if you just have a suggestion on where or who I can send this appeal to, your help is appreciated. Lets stick it to the man... all those David Sterns Thanks!!!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Did you private message everyone on the boards too? While im no saint, I think mass emailing everyone to join your pirate crew may be frowned upon by the mods.

OP
OP
A

Atescoop

Reaction score
No sirree! I only sent about eight messages to folks I thought lived in the Phoenix area and seem to come here frequently. But then I thought I´ll just post my own thread with the appropriate title. And by the by, that ain´t "my Private crew", and I am on the bench meaning I haven´t uploaded enough and have no rights. I just wanted you all to know there is a world outside the U.S. where Suns fans are starving. Please lend a hand to the needy! If you possess a good grafics card, you probably can capture games with your PC. I find the community and what they are doing "interesting", so go there and check it out. Uploaders of games are of course welcome, as apposed to leechers.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
You realize of course that doing so is against the law? I'm not making a moral judgment, I'm just saying that you should probably expect this thread to be deleted as soon as a Mod sees it.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I think if you look hard enough, you can find what your looking for without asking others to spend their time and resources accomodating a stranger, while breaking the law to boot. Doesn't Raptor's Nation have the game archives? I think the stuff is out there, you just have to look harder.

If you want the games badly enough, you should PAY a close friend or relative in the States for a League Pass subscription and then use the online access that comes with it. Then you will be able to see the games live as well as archived.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am a Suns fan but live abroad like many other Suns fans. There are many like me, who, without the internet, could not get any games at all. In some countries cable companies offer only a few games a week. Also, DirectTV is not available outside the US. A lot of you take all your NBA broadcasts for granted. But thanks to the existence of the Bittorrent Network, we can download a small portion of NBA Games. What thousands of suns fans desperately need is some Sun´s fan like yourself, who may have access to all the Suns games(locally televised), and could just take a little time to record it on their TIVO with a re-wrightable DVD, rip it to an H264, RM, Xvid, or divX format mp4 with your PC, and upload it. It is quite easy. To read more about the How-to-do, please go to http://www.hoopsfanforum.net
To see the results of many other heroes in the online Basketball community, just visit these sites.
http://bt.davka.info/
http://www.sport-scene.net
I am searching for a devote internet sauvy Suns fan, who would find satisfaction in making it possible for thousands of anonymous Suns fans to acquire rips of Suns games. I´m sure there is plenty of advice at the above mentioned sites on "how to" without risk.
Comparing the particular Suns games poping up in the Bittorrent Network with the Suns´Local(Phoenix 45)/National(TNT,ESPN) TV Schedule, it came to my attention that the only Suns games being uploaded are the ones that are broadcast nationally. Hence, the people doing it live in the states, but we need someone in the Phoenix area to have mercy on our souls and help us get our basketball fix. Ever since watching your Suns, I don´t want to watch any other games. It might take a serious Suns fan though to want to help others like us for nothing else but the gratification of knowing how much you have contributed to the international community of Suns fans.
There is for example a Toronto Raptor´s fan who uploads many Raptor games,as well as uploaders of Kings, LAL, and Rockets. We desprately need such a Suns fan. Even if you just have a suggestion on where or who I can send this appeal to, your help is appreciated. Lets stick it to the man... all those David Sterns Thanks!!!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Atescoop

Reaction score
@ TheHopToad: I will pay you if you can tell me what web sites show Suns games in their entirity. If I´m correct, Europe is blacked out from league pass. It only works in the states. Plus, the pic quality is bad, and I can´t watch it live anyway. Gotta sleep too. To have a league pass you must have a Direct TV subscription with a cable provider in the states. Do you seriously think all the folks downloading this stuff have family and friends in the states? Do not think we are a bunch of thieves. We are not. There simply is no other way. As the saying goes; Let the market decide! I do not see why a mod would delete this thread as I am not doing anything illegal and there is no affiliation here with NBA. I also resist the temptation of dissing people who get so opinionated before getting all the facts. It does not take much effort to capture and rip games, so yea, I ask "others" to accomodate. It is not all about this "stranger." There is a whole mess of us. Frankly, it is frustrating that I can´t just buy the games I want to see. Google TV almost struck a deal with NBA, but it then fell apart. So maybe the mods here will have more understanding then "others"

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
First of all, you are doing something illegal. Second, half of us in the states dont get to watch the game live due to work, sleep, responsibilities, etc. Third, he did give you a website that shows the games in their entirity. My personal work schedule has my AMs and PMs flipped around and I only get to see about 25% of the games live and thats if I schedule my day around watching it. Raptors nation is a godsend for people like us.

However I am confused about how you can complain about not getting games from another continent then complain about the quality when you do get them. If it is such a monumental problem a) talk to your local communications commission b) move

I am a huge lacrosse fan, arizona sports feeds rarely show them because most competitive lacrosse is on the east coast and in candian leagues. I am also a longtime fan of australian rugby and irish hurling. I do understand supply and demand, and see a public request for pirating copyrighted material across international waters as something that may be frowned upon by the community.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn look at all these morality police on here!!!, F the NBA, they screwed the Suns last year, lets protest and Dowload and stream as much as possible!! I dont see the NBA being shutdown over that, I buy NBA crap, from Jerseys, to buying their games, to attending games. I feel zero guilt when I watch a stream or load a game, they should embrace this technology and offer it, instead of making it easier to watch a stream of the game via the web, then to get it on my tube, I have cable, but not chance at getting NBA League PAss

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Dude, it has nothing to do with being moral police.

It's about respecting the ASFN website and its owners.

Would you want people running around your website rallying people together to violate copyright law?

Not to mention, everyone who has brought up the legality has noted that they arent trying to criticize or are not even close to being innocent themselves.

Im also willing to bet the people who even have a tivo wont be going out of their way to help out some guy overseas with 3 posts on the boards here.

But, proceed with your F the NBA campaign and moral police accusations.

p.s. Loose change = lol

OP
OP
A

Atescoop

Reaction score
OK! Watched a game with my 2K ADSL connection and apart from bad quality, it worked like a charm in Raptors Nation. Why is that legal, because of the commercials we have to watch with it? But lets say I did not have such a fast line. Then my arguements still apply! Many users at Sport Scene are in places where live streaming is not an option.
@YouJustGotSUNSD: First, it not just me, the "some guy overseas" they´d be helping. It is a community, who could also shoot the sxxx with you folk! Some of them need help accessing games. Second, are TIVO´s such a luxury? Can get one here for $260. Third, how did I dis ASFN and its owners. I as big fan of this team am glad to help spread games amoungst the Bittorrent BBall Community. It´s illegal to drive 75m/h, but we do it all the time. Plus, I think that many might just find the whole thing interesting. Fourth, may you should follow suit and try finding people to upload all those exotic sports you dig. Sport-Scene would be the place.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Shoot the sxxx? You have 4 posts, which started with gimme gimme and have yet to contribute to the community.

It has nothing to do with your amazing 2k connection, anyone with broadband gets the same bitrate from raptors nation, quit making up scenarios to gain pity.

Finally, if you dont know how this thread doesnt respect ASFN and its owners then I am done with you. Did you get their permission to publicly discuss how people can rebroadcast retransmit or reproduce the telecast without the expressed written consent from the NBA for your personal gain?

OP
OP
A

Atescoop

Reaction score
... and fifth, I can't imagine having to watch all NBA games from sources like Raptors Nation. Having people like JasonFeng, Kobekilleu(Lakers), Raptormage(Raptors), Chr1s(Kings), YoTV(Bucks,Rockets) uploading files between 1 and 1.4 GByte is a site for sore eyes. They may be fanatics, but hey, if the shoe fits... I´ll tip my hat! If someone gets off by having a hundred fans download their rips, then each to their own. On Top of that, it would be a real treat to get pre and post game interviews and press conferences. There was an hour Document on MD. Didn´t see that either. At least the mods frowned at the most, cause I´m still here. Alls Ise doin is tryin to find that special someone to represent the Suns in this community for the disenfranchised. Please view and give your opinion to keep this thread alive. Peace and merry Xmass.

OP
OP
A

Atescoop

Reaction score
I think someone here secretly is yearning to become a mod. First clean the wax out, because it´s not all about me, me, and me. I´ll share my opion, but it´s only been a week. There is another community there. Just introducing both. It´s about being a suns fan, and thank god I don´t have to ask you for permission to be one.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Atescoop I sympathize that you do not get the oppurtunity to see the games. I don't think that it is fair that under the NBA's distribution strategy, many people do not get a chance to see the games. I also think that with the development of the NFL Channel, football will slowly be taken off of free/basic cable channels.
While I do support the idea of using bit torrent to record televised events and share them (I believe it is no different than using a VCR --which is legal-- to tape a game) it is far beyond my means of computer comprehension.
As far as the Suns fan who is really upset that someone else may get to enjoy the team, maybe he didnt get any Christmas presents. I would suggest something like:http://www.cafepress.com/buy/hall+monitor/-/pd_68062927?CMP=KNC-F-ALL or http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=100338981.

Good luck