Suns @ Bulls Monday game thread 2-7-2022

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
JaVale McGee says shooters shoot. I so like what he brings to the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Indeed. Can't say enough good about what McGee has brought to the team. Pretty much everything we were missing last year in terms of front court play off the bench... plus, he is a spark plug of energy most nights on one or both sides of the court. Absolutely great acquisition.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One or both will hopefully be back for the Bucks game but the Suns need another guard for the 76ers. I hope Booker is okay.
What makes you say Payne might be back? Was there an update on his injury?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes you say Payne might be back? Was there an update on his injury?

Nothing new but I recall reading Cam Payne was supposed to be evaluated February 7th which is about 2 weeks from the injury.

However, I figured he wouldn't play until the Suns returned to Phoenix. Hopefully he will be ready.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nothing new but I recall reading Cam Payne was supposed to be evaluated February 7th which is about 2 weeks from the injury.

However, I figured he wouldn't play until the Suns returned to Phoenix. Hopefully he will be ready.
Man “evaluated” just means they’re going to check him out. It’s a far cry from “expected back.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Considering there hasn’t been word one about this, I’m still going to be surprised if he’s back until after the All-Star game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man “evaluated” just means they’re going to check him out. It’s a far cry from “expected back.”
Considering there hasn’t been word one about this, I’m still going to be surprised if he’s back until after the All-Star game.

Yeah, these are only minimum timelines. Payne has been running in practice to keep in shape.

The same type of questions can be raised about Shamet who was supposed to be out about a week. This is why adding another guard is so important.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Elfrid wasn't horrible tonight. Maybe he's learning?

imo, Eddie J is the best, most entertaining color analyst in the business. but he fibbed when he said Efrid "has been terrific". (should i not be saying this publicly with the trade deadline so close? maybe i should delete this)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just rewatched some parts of the game; it is really surprising that the Bulls didn't foul after they cut it to 5. Payton had the ball for most of the 24 seconds we wasted and Payton is a 40% FT shooter this year (yeah, you read that right, 40%). They gave up way too fast. Granted, they foul Payton and if Payton bricks his first shot we probably put most of our starters back on the court but for Chicago... what did they have to lose?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just rewatched some parts of the game; it is really surprising that the Bulls didn't foul after they cut it to 5. Payton had the ball for most of the 24 seconds we wasted and Payton is a 40% FT shooter this year (yeah, you read that right, 40%). They gave up way too fast. Granted, they foul Payton and if Payton bricks his first shot we probably put most of our starters back on the court but for Chicago... what did they have to lose?
Yeah that was weird to me too.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah our 10-day guy chucked it up with 8 seconds in the shot clock still, he could have held onto it a bit longer.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The best part of this game was the Chicago Color commentary.
If you took a shot of beer every time he said "wow" after a Suns play you'd be dead today.
He sounded like he saw the difference between the two teams and it shook him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best part of this game was the Chicago Color commentary.
If you took a shot of beer every time he said "wow" after a Suns play you'd be dead today.
He sounded like he saw the difference between the two teams and it shook him.

Wow. Okay, where is it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson