Suns @ Bucks Monday game thread 4-19-2021

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing that win showed is we are starting to gain respect from the league. There’s no way in previous years we get that call at the end of a big game on the road.

hell, we didn’t get that call earlier THIS year against Charlotte.

Last edited:

taz02

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Man that was the best suns game to watch in a long time. Ayton has arrived, hope he stays. Can't believe how much progress he has made in the last 2 months. Everyone played well, did what they had to do, well accept Saric, what happened to him? 1-7 in 18min

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It looked to me like the coaching staff assumed Booker would be able to break Holiday down off the dribble, and then he couldn't.
That’s crazy if they thought that. We’ve seen that “strategy” fail time and again - and against much worse defenders than Holiday.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Awful game but a win is a win.

Booker was bad despite hitting his numbers. Ayton was huge tonight. Cam and Bridges hit some big shots.

Giannis traveled before the Bucks were granted the timeout, he flopped all night, thankfully the refs were not buying that crap.

I think we should've started Craig over Dario. Dario is either worn down or injured, hopefully Nader comes back soon to improve our depth.
We probably need to shorten the leash on Carter, if he's not hitting his first 3 shots then sub him out, I think Galloway can hustle just as much and spread the floor even more.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow really surprised the ref called that foul. Inconsistent from what I usually see at the end of games.

They were inconsistent and they made some bad calls but regardless of time remaining, IMO the refs usually do call fouls like that (where the defender hits the outside shooter's elbow).

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally yes, but rarely with 0.3 seconds remaining.

For pretty much every other type of foul, I'd agree, you never know what they're going to notice or ignore as the clock winds down. But for the past few years they've paid very close attention to contact on the shooter's elbow from the 3. You can saw off a limb down low or hip check the perimeter player before the ball gets to the shooter and they'll probably ignore it but a feathery touch on the 3 point shooter's elbow is often called IMO.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow really surprised the ref called that foul. Inconsistent from what I usually see at the end of games.

I kept hearing you could hear the slap on the arm. Maybe that's why the referees made the call.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wonder if they would have made that call if they hadn't made that crappy timeout call a few minutes earlier.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if they would have made that call if they hadn't made that crappy timeout call a few minutes earlier.

Difficult to say because they were two different refs, but I'm sure she heard it since it was right in front of her.