Suns @ Bucks Monday game thread 4-19-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so it begins, the final 16 games of the Suns season and the toughest part of their schedule.

It starts with a five game road trip. They play @ the Bucks on Monday, @ the 76ers on Wednesday, @ the Celtics on Thursday, @ the Nets on Sunday and @ the Knicks on Monday.

Bucks are 35-21 and in third place in the East. They are 6-4 in their last ten games and coming off a 128-115 loss to Memphis on Saturday.

Suns are 40-16 and in second place in the West. They are 8-2 in their last ten games and coming off a loss as well.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is 5 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns injury report remains the same. Abdel Nader is still OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty's goal is to make the playoffs and afterwards they will talk about resting players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charlotte beats 6th placed Portland on Sunday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Kings beat 7th place Mavericks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope we catch the Mavs in r1 but they could get taken out in the play-in. As long as we stay at #2 I feel confident getting to the semis.

:stick:

Really? After watching the Spurs game I'm not confident we'll even win another game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope we catch the Mavs in r1 but they could get taken out in the play-in. As long as we stay at #2 I feel confident getting to the semis.

:stick:

Right now I'm hoping the Suns avoid the play-in spot.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
at worst, Popovich cracked the Suns code with a young team who executed his strategy well,
at best it was more lopsided expectations

regardless, we've surely got more losses ahead than our conference competitors
hopefully we only drop one or two spots
but due to circumstances we may not lose any advantage in potential match-ups anyway

it doesn't take much for some to go negative on the team after a letdown.
i don't know exactly what went down here with 1sun but it's bs that he was banned, regardless of how consistent he was.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at worst, Popovich cracked the Suns code with a young team who executed his strategy well,
at best it was more lopsided expectations

regardless, we've surely got more losses ahead than our conference competitors
hopefully we only drop one or two spots
but due to circumstances we may not lose any advantage in potential match-ups anyway

it doesn't take much for some to go negative on the team after a letdown.
i don't know exactly what went down here with 1sun but it's bs that he was banned, regardless of how consistent he was.

no it wasn’t. I was one of the biggest proponents of bringing him back and within 24 hours, he made it clear that all he wanted to do was live in an alternate reality to make other fans as miserable as he was.

for me it was showing up in game threads only when things looked shaky and then immediately disappearing when they turned around. That’s a troll. Whether they intend to be or not.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now I'm hoping the Suns avoid the play-in spot.
I am wondering whether we will make the playoffs at all. And now, its too late to tank to try to get a high draft pick. We should fire James Jones and Monty immediately.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has responded great to losses all year long. This will be a big test to see how that fares against a very good opponent on the road.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we do seem to have Milwaukee's number, even when we aren't the #2 team in the league.

Most of those games though we went in as huge underdogs. No one is sleeping on us anymore but hopefully we'll be angry and motivated after our last game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go suns hope performance better than was vs spurs....

Gonna be a tough bunch gms coming up

Playoff atmosphere type feel

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering whether we will make the playoffs at all. And now, its too late to tank to try to get a high draft pick. We should fire James Jones and Monty immediately.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm but how many games do you project the Suns win out of their last 16 games?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is sarcasm but how many games do you project the Suns win out of their last 16 games?

Ya think?

How about the next 7. I think they win 3 or 4 of those. Then I will re-evaluate.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya think?

How about the next 7. I think they win 3 or 4 of those. Then I will re-evaluate.

You have to be careful here. I said we might never win again and at least one poster took it literally.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave