Suns at Nuggets 11-28-2010

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
holy freaking shizz, smith gets the rebound and frye fouls out.

call it a night boys...

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh geez. The Suns give an offensive rebound after getting a stop. :( Then they give up an offensive rebound after Nene misses both free throws and Frye fouls out. :rolleyes:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh geez. The Suns give an offensive rebound after getting a stop. :( Then they give up an offensive rebound after Nene misses both free throws and Frye fouls out. :rolleyes:

Channing Frye can kill a comeback like nobody I've ever seen.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up until that moment i liked Channing's effort against a bigger center in nene tonight

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dont blame anything on frye, except for jacking up that 3 pointer.
he's underweight , undersized for playing center. he's been doing his best imo, blocking some shots and actually trying to play center. but his best isnt good enough for that position, he's all we have right now at that position.

barron has shown some promise and energy. he looks just a bit out of shape, he looked winded tonight but you cant blame him cause this was actually his first time getting actual minutes.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoa. What a move by Nash to cut the Nugget lead to 1 after hitting a free throw after a nice pick by Hill. :)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wwhooooaaa!!!!!!

foul on nash???

billups was out of control and carried himself out of bounds, hill hit the ball loose and the ball hit b-b-b-billups head/face.

ugh that sums up tonights officiating...

Budden

Registered
Reaction score
barron's been short on his shot all night...

How would you prefer him to miss his jumpshots? Off to the right? A little long?

For the player that Barron is, he's been playing really well tonight. I mean, the guy can't shoot the ball, but then again, he's a big man. The fact that he's playing like one - grabbing tough rebounds, hustling, being a presence in the paint on both ends of the floor, and missing shots he shouldn't have to take - is probably the one and only thing to actually be excited about related to tonight's game.

By the way, did every other player on the Suns team have a close friend or family member die yesterday? I've watched this team play poorly during stretches of this season, but they are all displaying a complete lack of focus on both ends of the court, and combining it with a lack of energy that would make Boris Diaw blush with embarrassment. I've never seen Nash play like this before. Sure, he has a double-double, but his presence on the game has been in stark contrast with the way he usually approaches the game. And the only reason I even opened this webpage on my computer was to check on why Jared Dudley wasn't playing. Then he made a 3-pointer and I realized that he'd been in the game all along, but I hadn't noticed him on the court because he wasn't doing any of the dirty work, any of the momentum-changing steals, gritty rebounds, or anything else that makes him such a valuable asset to this team.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 134-131 with 21.4 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Suns 20 second timeout. Suns ball.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh. Nash fails to hit the clutch jumper like he often does these days. :(

I kind of think JRich has been a lot better with clutch shots this year than Nash. :shrug:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How would you prefer him to miss his jumpshots? Off to the right? A little long?

For the player that Barron is, he's been playing really well tonight. I mean, the guy can't shoot the ball, but then again, he's a big man. The fact that he's playing like one - grabbing tough rebounds, hustling, being a presence in the paint on both ends of the floor, and missing shots he shouldn't have to take - is probably the one and only thing to actually be excited about related to tonight's game.

By the way, did every other player on the Suns team have a close friend or family member die yesterday? I've watched this team play poorly during stretches of this season, but they are all displaying a complete lack of focus on both ends of the court, and combining it with a lack of energy that would make Boris Diaw blush with embarrassment. I've never seen Nash play like this before. Sure, he has a double-double, but his presence on the game has been in stark contrast with the way he usually approaches the game. And the only reason I even opened this webpage on my computer was to check on why Jared Dudley wasn't playing. Then he made a 3-pointer and I realized that he'd been in the game all along, but I hadn't noticed him on the court because he wasn't doing any of the dirty work, any of the momentum-changing steals, gritty rebounds, or anything else that makes him such a valuable asset to this team.
actually for a big man, Barron has good range and has been know to make those shots. im simply making and observation that Barron's been short all game long, simple as that.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
actually for a big man, Barron has good range and has been know to make those shots. im simply making and observation that Barron's been short all game long, simple as that.

Agreed. Barron's historically been a pretty decent jump shooter tbh.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sigh. Nash fails to hit the clutch jumper like he often does these days. :(

I kind of think JRich has been a lot better with clutch shots this year than Nash. :shrug:

And then a few seconds later Nash hits a big 3. Hope you're not too disappointed.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
the Thuggets win.. Thanks refs for yet another horribly officiated basketball games. These refs should be tested for drugs.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup, second post on this thread, i wrote they showed up like someone forgot to tell them this Sunday is not an off day.
I am actually surprised they were able to score this high considering how they started the game.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like what I saw from Barron. He's given me a glimmer of hope on the inside. More minutes please.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hope this doesn't end the Warrick starting experiment, although they started the game extremely slow.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Thuggets win.. Thanks refs for yet another horribly officiated basketball games. These refs should be tested for drugs.

Officiating was bad, but Suns defense and lack of energy/focus in the early moments cost them the game

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And then a few seconds later Nash hits a big 3. Hope you're not too disappointed.
this year, seems like nash is no longer as clutch as he used to be. the bulls game was frustrating to watch cause he shot us out of the 4th qtr and the game it seemed.
we need a go-to-guy, its probably jrich at this point with the way the players are shaping out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
this year, seems like nash is no longer as clutch as he used to be. the bulls game was frustrating to watch cause he shot us out of the 4th qtr and the game it seemed.
we need a go-to-guy, its probably jrich at this point with the way the players are shaping out.

I absolutely agree, JRich is our clutch player, not Nash. Hell, Hedo is probably a better clutch player than Nash at this point.

But you still have to give credit where credit is due--Nash did hit a big 3 at the end of the game.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
J-Rich is NBA 2K11 on EASY... He never misses lol.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was referring to the 3 he missed with 17.8 seconds left in the 4th quarter that would have tied the game. Overall he just doesn't seem to hit the clutch shots that often nowadays like he did a few seasons ago. :shrug:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
officiating was bad for sure. we just failed to box out on some easy rebounds.
they were hott from 3pt land.
even as slow as we started and how good they were from the f/t and 3pt line, we still had a shot at the game.
our bench was out scored big time. they had way more f/t's then us.

barron looks okay, i hope he sees more time. we need more of what he brings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz