Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I assume he'll be in a mask for action sequences, but if they're going to make an entire movie out of him, I'm guessing his time in suit is no more than Stark as Iron Man.
I know that's supposed to make it sound more enticing, but Boba Fett is NO Iron Man. :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
while the armor is iconic for Boba it is the end product. Its not likely he wore that specific armor his entire time as a bounty hunter.

his ship is also iconic,...but again it is not likely thats the only boat he ever had.

also,... it is likely the helmet had voice changing properties so the voice doesnt need to be specific, nor the accent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
while the armor is iconic for Boba it is the end product. Its not likely he wore that specific armor his entire time as a bounty hunter.

his ship is also iconic,...but again it is not likely thats the only boat he ever had.

also,... it is likely the helmet had voice changing properties so the voice doesnt need to be specific, nor the accent.
Well, his "dad," Jango Fett wore very similar armor (just a different color, I believe), so it's not like he will be waiting for the iconic armor.

I don't know, this just all feels like reaching to find just SOMETHING interesting to surround a Fett movie with.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that's supposed to make it sound more enticing, but Boba Fett is NO Iron Man. :)

Iron Man wasn't exactly Iron Man before 2008 though. That was seen as a pretty big gamble all around to launch the universe with a know character, but one that was pretty far down the totem pole for superheroes behind Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the X-Men, and even the Hulk.

Just saying, the character will probably only be in the suit I'm guessing 30-40% of the time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, his "dad," Jango Fett wore very similar armor (just a different color, I believe), so it's not like he will be waiting for the iconic armor.

I don't know, this just all feels like reaching to find just SOMETHING interesting to surround a Fett movie with.
his armor is basically different colored clone trooper armor with some add ons. so it may have been hand me down.

I have not read all the books or watched all the cartoons... but in the MMORPG... that type of armor is fairly common as is a plethora of others... would make sense that scavengers collected it from dead clones on the battlefield.

as for interesting. they can make an interesting Fett movie just by showing how he started out as a bounty hunter...go on a few hunts, etc... maybe show how he got connected in with the Hutt cartels.

in all honesty that doesnt even have to be a Fett movie, they could use any old bounty hunter... just ties in better if they use Boba

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Iron Man wasn't exactly Iron Man before 2008 though. That was seen as a pretty big gamble all around to launch the universe with a know character, but one that was pretty far down the totem pole for superheroes behind Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the X-Men, and even the Hulk.

Just saying, the character will probably only be in the suit I'm guessing 30-40% of the time.
Well, hope you enjoy it. I'm eagerly waiting for the original stuff now. Even episode IX isn't that high on my list.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, hope you enjoy it. I'm eagerly waiting for the original stuff now. Even episode IX isn't that high on my list.

I'm not really looking forward to any of these movies at this point. Just saying he won't be in the suit the whole time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His armor is SUPPOSED to be special Mandalorian (sp?) armor. I don't care what the prequels did.

The type of armor they were is tied to what family or faction they come from I believe. I don't think there is anything particularly special about it that I recall other than he highly customized it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The type of armor they were is tied to what family or faction they come from I believe. I don't think there is anything particularly special about it that I recall other than he highly customized it.

No. No. No. The armor has a long history and it was worn to strike fear in those they encountered.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor

Mandalorian armor referred to the traditional armor worn by the human warrior clans of Mandalore. Common traits included a helmet with a T-shaped visor that concealed their faces, and armaments like whipcord throwers, flamethrowers and jetpacks.

The Mandalorians' bloody history made their armor an iconic symbol of fear. The bounty hunter Jango and his cloned son Boba Fett wore customized Mandalorian armor, although neither of the Fetts were Mandalorian warriors.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. No. No. The armor has a long history and it was worn to strike fear in those they encountered.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor

Mandalorian armor referred to the traditional armor worn by the human warrior clans of Mandalore. Common traits included a helmet with a T-shaped visor that concealed their faces, and armaments like whipcord throwers, flamethrowers and jetpacks.

The Mandalorians' bloody history made their armor an iconic symbol of fear. The bounty hunter Jango and his cloned son Boba Fett wore customized Mandalorian armor, although neither of the Fetts were Mandalorian warriors.

I believe that's what I said?!?! We learn from Star Wars Rebels that each "clan" has their own style with the armor. I said it was "highly customized".

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that's what I said?!?! We learn from Star Wars Rebels that each "clan" has their own style with the armor. I said it was "highly customized".

Neither Fett was a Mandalorian, they just wore the armor because of it's functionality and history. So it had nothing to do with their clan/heritage. I read it as you saying the armor was nothing special at all...but Mandalorian armor was very special and had a long history attached to it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither Fett was a Mandalorian, they just wore the armor because of it's functionality and history. So it had nothing to do with their clan/heritage. I read it as you saying the armor was nothing special at all...but Mandalorian armor was very special and had a long history attached to it.

Well I don’t know what is canon on that any longer but Jengo was adopted and raised as Mandalorian after his father was murdered according to my reference. He was trained to be a Mandolrian warrior who later became a Mandalorian bounty hunter like some other Mandalorians. His reputation is why he was chosen to be the blueprint for the clones.

So he didn’t just pick up the armor. It was part of his history and training from the Mandalorian Warrior clan that raised him. He modified to fit his job as a bounty hunter. His clone son followed in his footsteps.

The armor was used because of the quality of that armor. When I said nothing special I mean in terms of it being standard on Mandalore. It’s not light saber “special”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don’t know what is canon on that any longer but Jengo was adopted and raised as Mandalorian after his father was murdered according to my reference. He was trained to be a Mandolrian warrior who later became a Mandalorian bounty hunter like some other Mandalorians. His reputation is why he was chosen to be the blueprint for the clones.

So he didn’t just pick up the armor. It was part of his history on Mandalore and from the Warrior clan that raised him. He modified to fit his job as a bounty hunter. His clone son followed in his footsteps.

Who knows any longer. I wish they'd have left a lot of the EU alone. Plenty of great material already existed. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Looks like the current canon sticks with the story of Fett being a loner who just adopted Manadalorian armor as his own for his work as an assassin and bounty hunter.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

Jango Fett was born in the years prior to the Invasion of Naboo. He claimed to have been born on the planet Concord Dawn, a Mandalorian world, but the exact authenticity of this claim was unknown. He wore Mandalorian armor after becoming a bounty hunter and assassin for hire, a fact that led the officials of Mandalore to disavow any connection to Fett, claiming he was simply a bounty hunter who somehow stole an artifact from their planet's troubled past.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knows any longer. I wish they'd have left a lot of the EU alone. Plenty of great material already existed. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Looks like the current canon sticks with the story of Fett being a loner who just adopted Manadalorian armor as his own for his work as an assassin and bounty hunter.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

Jango Fett was born in the years prior to the Invasion of Naboo. He claimed to have been born on the planet Concord Dawn, a Mandalorian world, but the exact authenticity of this claim was unknown. He wore Mandalorian armor after becoming a bounty hunter and assassin for hire, a fact that led the officials of Mandalore to disavow any connection to Fett, claiming he was simply a bounty hunter who somehow stole an artifact from their planet's troubled past.

I am sure they will rewrite it again for the movie. Either way if the armor was stolen it's roots still go back to one of many factions on Mandalore. There is no "significance" to it other than it being good quality armor. Plus we know it has a design flaw. It doesn't protect you from your body being separated from your head. :)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
his armor is basically different colored clone trooper armor with some add ons. so it may have been hand me down.

I have not read all the books or watched all the cartoons... but in the MMORPG... that type of armor is fairly common as is a plethora of others... would make sense that scavengers collected it from dead clones on the battlefield.

as for interesting. they can make an interesting Fett movie just by showing how he started out as a bounty hunter...go on a few hunts, etc... maybe show how he got connected in with the Hutt cartels.

in all honesty that doesnt even have to be a Fett movie, they could use any old bounty hunter... just ties in better if they use Boba
I don’t understand why anyone in the Star Wars universe even wears armor, all blasters and light sabers slice right through them. And even the rocks the Ewoks threw at them knocked them unconscious. What purpose did any of the armor serve ANY Star Wars character ever?!?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone in the Star Wars universe even wears armor, all blasters and light sabers slice right through them. And even the rocks the Ewoks threw at them knocked them unconscious. What purpose did any of the armor serve ANY Star Wars character ever?!?

Allegedly Mandalorian armor can withstand direct blaster fire. However, I think fans have long wondered about stormtrooper armor. LOL.

However, they have passively addressed this in the comics and animation series. Often when you see a Stormtrooper go down it’s because the armor is spreading the blast radius. They will often show a character wounded but survived. That seems to indicate more survive than we think or is depicted on the big screen.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Allegedly Mandalorian armor can withstand direct blaster fire. However, I think fans have long wondered about stormtrooper armor. LOL.

However, they have passively addresses this in the comics and animation series. Often when you see a Stormtrooper go down it’s because the armor is spreading the blast radius. They will often show a character wounded but survived. That seems to indicate more survive than we think or is depicted on the big screen.
Okay . . . that’s something I guess.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rumors of Kennedy stepping down from Lucas later this year. Wonder if the reception for TLJ and this have had anything to do with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard