Star Wars: The Mandalorian & Grogu

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm really hoping it ends with Anakin killing Grogu. We know that Grogu's days are limited so let's get to it.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really hoping it ends with Anakin killing Grogu. We know that Grogu's days are limited so let's get to it.
You mean Kyllo Ren?

I’m half-hoping they do a time travel retcon like they did when they saved Ahsoka. Say the sequel trilogy was an alternate universe like Nu Trek.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
You mean Kyllo Ren?

I’m half-hoping they do a time travel retcon like they did when they saved Ahsoka. Say the sequel trilogy was an alternate universe like Nu Trek.
No, I meant Anakin/Vader. I was forgetting that they forced the timeline on Mando to be after RotJ. Vader should have taken him out during the Jedi purge.

I really hope they don't do the time travel retcon. Time travel/multiverse to fix things are the tools of a hack IMO. They need to just say that the Disney trilogy isn't canon and move on. They'll never do though. At least not while Kennedy and her minions are still running the show.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I dislike time travel stuff and really dislike the different universe stuff shows. Way too confusing to me, someone who just goes to shows to be entertained and eat popcorn. I also don’t like the good guys getting killed off.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dislike time travel stuff and really dislike the different universe stuff shows. Way too confusing to me, someone who just goes to shows to be entertained and eat popcorn. I also don’t like the good guys getting killed off.

We're a dying breed, my friend. :cheers:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently, Iger wanted this movie made. He wanted the next movie to be with the most popular characters out now and he wanted to use one of his most valuable assets to get it done (Favreau). Sounds like Iger wants to take advantage of valuable assets in addition to letting Star Wars expand out into different directions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently, Iger wanted this movie made. He wanted the next movie to be with the most popular characters out now and he wanted to use one of his most valuable assets to get it done (Favreau). Sounds like Iger wants to take advantage of valuable assets in addition to letting Star Wars expand out into different directions.
They’re gonna MCU the Star Wars universe.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the safe way.
FTFY

Super safe to just make a film based on established characters from a popular TV show rather than come up with something original for a film or film series. Will it be some kind of continuation for those who have watched the TV show or a film version retelling of the story? Weird choice for me as a Star Wars fan, but we'll see what they do with it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FTFY

Super safe to just make a film based on established characters from a popular TV show rather than come up with something original for a film or film series. Will it be some kind of continuation for those who have watched the TV show or a film version retelling of the story? Weird choice for me as a Star Wars fan, but we'll see what they do with it.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure Star Wars has ever led the pack in avant-garde filmmaking. Lucas drew very heavily from existing films and put the galaxy far, far away spin on it. Everything since has just existed in that universe, so are we really surprised that they're going for a safe investment for the features and using the streaming shows and animation as a more experimental playground?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but I'm not sure Star Wars has ever led the pack in avant-garde filmmaking. Lucas drew very heavily from existing films and put the galaxy far, far away spin on it. Everything since has just existed in that universe, so are we really surprised that they're going for a safe investment for the features and using the streaming shows and animation as a more experimental playground?
This sounds strictly like a business decision. You sprinkle in "safe bets" while stretching your legs in between. That way, at least with the safe bet you are theoretically softening the blow should the other projects not work or adding icing to the cake should they succeed.