So Frustrating!!! (Shipp)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
yes, Shipp may not warrant such money at the HB role he now has but I noticed one thing about him this last season...he was a very good special teams player. Is that worth all the money? who knows but he was in on a number or tackles.

Aside from all the other posts already made in response, Shipp is responsible for getting a penalty I had never even heard about...illegal chop block while playing on the KICKOFF team! And he did it several times too!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Gandy still has a year on his contract after this one.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1621

Yup. Three-year deal.

Also, Gandy's $6.8 million cap number would put him among the six highest-cap OL in the NFL in 2007. 2008 numbers are not available. His cap number will be higher than Derrick Dockery's and Steve Hutchinson's. He'll be compensated $2 million more than Bryant McKinnie.
Rod Graves, capologist :(.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
None of this is ALL, one or another, team members fault. Shipp does what is expected of him and more. But, of course, we like to remember the bad things. Fitz is just a greedy, break the team's back, all about me player. Pace is such a jerk, we hold on to him, give him a break, finally put him in a system that he shines in and he goes elsewhere. And Faneca! He couldn't wait? The Jets? C'MON. Graves might as well be water boy. Lets not even get into the rest of the coaching staff and team.
If we all just bend a little, but don't break, thus maintaining "team philosophy" and "player pride" this all gets done with no probs.
Of course, well we know where that's going.
Point is, when it's all said and done, we'd better come out BETTER than 8-8. Right now, we're all just whizzin in the wind, because they have to know something we don't.
A guys worth what they think, they'll do everything they can to keep our core players together. The FO has been doing things better yearly for the last 8-10 years. We'll win some and lose others, name of the game today. Haven't heard one "trash" statement from anyone that's leaving. They want to stay. Gotta be a reason.
GO CARDS! RED RAGE IN THE CAGE!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve submitted an article that may yet post, part of it is that Gandy is a better guard than tackle. His play was average, but there is no point extending him until the entire line becomes clearer. The gods may yet shine on the Cards and give them an impact player at left tackle.

It wouldn’t ruin my day if they cut Shipp, but he is a very flexible player. He's also the Cards' best runner inside the 10. I have seen him miss one block on the punt team and the Cards punt quite a bit. Blocking on kick returns is a nightmare. Watch any game and you’ll see flags. The play is behind you and unlike a running down, it can go in any direction even though you start with a plan. The guy you’re blocking changes direction at the last minute and your legal block becomes illegal. Refs often call the penalty even if the person blocking is already in the air. The league has discussed this quite a bit, but no one yet has a good solution.

As to the Fitz deal, this should have been resolved long ago. I know Skorp thinks I’m a Graves hater, but I’m just looking for some forward thinking. These types of issues seem to keep surprising the Cards, but they are clearly foreseeable. I was not in favor of signing Faneca, so I don’t see that as the big issue everyone else does. I would be in favor of signing a corner with some of that money.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will someone please tell me why Shipp and his 1.75 mil Cap hit is still on the team. And why Gandy, who played well, but is on the last year of his contract hasn't been resigned to a longer deal to lower his cap hit? He's sitting there at 7 mil, we could get it down to 4 mil with a 3 year extension. There is no reason we can't be some what active in FA even with Fitz cap number. We are at roughly 9 mil left right now, cutting Shipp and extending Gandy could put us around 14 mil, more than enough to be more active in FA.

Its mind boggling!!!!
Simple, RG blows and doesn't even know what multi-tasking is. He is completely oblivious to anything that doesn't involve getting on his knees for Larry Fitzgerald.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What is to say that Graves isn't considering all of the points mentioned, and then some. Correct me, if wrong... but, he reports to the Bidwill's, not us.

P.S. This is the same "nervous nelly" crap heard going into, and in first few weeks of free agency last year. And then: Johnson, Hood, Gandy, Holt, etc., etc. were signed. If he needs, Shipp's 1.75m... it will take no longer then the time to write and put out the press release, and he'll be gone. Same can be said for any re-tooling of contracts, such as Gandy's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard