James Conner Question

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Connor has played really well this year and seems to be the heart and soul of this teams personality. He is under contract for 2024 and I was wondering is there a way to give him a contract extension and lower his cap hit next year? is that something we should be doing looking to do? I know RB can decline rapidly but I just don’t see that happening with Connor for another three years.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know Connor has played really well this year and seems to be the heart and soul of this teams personality. He is under contract for 2024 and I was wondering is there a way to give him a contract extension and lower his cap hit next year? is that something we should be doing looking to do? I know RB can decline rapidly but I just don’t see that happening with Connor for another three years.
No thanks! I can admit he was a good signing, and has been playing lights out, but he is very often injured and he is aged. If he does well again next season and still looking like a good bet for 2025, I'm sure we can re-sign him. I'm not in favor of extended and aged RB, however.