Shane's ANNUAL Get your predictions in now so you can be laughed at later thread!!!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I have to pick now, I'll say 9-7, but will revisit this thread after game one and give my "final" prediction. Have to see Kevin Kolb in real game action.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7-9. :shrug: But we finish the year strong. Maybe a deep playoff run in 2012. :)

Fitz has a big year. :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I will get to my predictions, but it won't be until lunchtime...

How are Fitz's yardage numbers going to get worse with Kolb than with Anderson/Hall/Skelton?

If Kolb showed one thing this preseason, it's that he can find Fitz.

Right, but for the last half of the season, the offense was less concerned with winning games than feeding Fitz the ball, getting him into the end zone, and padding his stats to keep him happy.

Fitz had by far the most targets in the NFL this season. Hopefully as Kolb becomes comfortable in the offense he'll stop keying on Fitz and distributing the ball around to the open man. Fitz's catches will go down, but his YPC hopefully will go up and so will his TDs.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Carolina - W
Washington - W
Seattle - W
NYG - L
Minnesota - W
Pittsburgh - L
Baltimore - L
St. Louis - W
Philadelphia -L
San Francisco - W
St. Louis - L
Dallas - W
San Francisco - W
Cleveland - W
Cincinnati - W

10-6

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Right, but for the last half of the season, the offense was less concerned with winning games than feeding Fitz the ball, getting him into the end zone, and padding his stats to keep him happy.

Fitz had by far the most targets in the NFL this season. Hopefully as Kolb becomes comfortable in the offense he'll stop keying on Fitz and distributing the ball around to the open man. Fitz's catches will go down, but his YPC hopefully will go up and so will his TDs.

I certainly understand where you are coming from, but I don't think Fitz's catches have to go down in order for Kolb to better distribute the ball compared to what we saw last year. In 2008 Fitz had 96 catches/1,409 yards while Boldin had 89/1,038 and Breaston had 77/1,006. In 2009 Fitz had 97/1,092 while Boldin had 84/1,024 and Breaston had 55/712. Last year Fitz had 90/1,137. Now granted Warner was the QB in 08/09 and Kolb is not at that level right now, but I think it's very possible that Fitz can still have 90+ catches and other WRs/TEs can get their catches as well. Now if you want to argue that Fitz's catches will go down because we'll establish more of a running game and have a more balanced offense, I'm all ears and wouldn't mind this being the case at all. ;)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Deuce
Keith
L. Brown
Campbell
are all free agents next year. We could be looking at rebuilding 3/5 of our o-line; 4/5 if Daryn Colledge is the 2012 Terrence Holt Memorial One-Year Graves Wonder.
Considering you spend half your time on this board trashing Keith and Levi (and with good reason) I'm somewhat confused how you now lament their possible departures. Unless of course you're just high on playing devil's advocate. Levi and Keith are at their absolute best merely mediocre linemen, I'd say finding replacements won't be all that difficult. Same with Calais who as of now still hasn't found a way to take the next step in becoming an impact defensive lineman.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Scho gets a deal with Head and Shoulders. Beanie gets a deal with Slip and Slide. Whiz will only admit to running the offense after the wins. Horton does a "Ladies Man" impression at some point of the season. #90 gets arrested for fighting alligators. Money Mike will make a huge play to help give the Cards a win. Duece will be in shape around game 5. Kolb will be the top selling jersey in Az. Fitz will make the probowl and enjoy some time in the playoffs, solidifying himself as the league's best. We will have the #1 (or damn close to it) redzone defense again. Feely gets 4 tackles registered. Cards go 8-8 or 9-7, I can't put my finger on it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Considering you spend half your time on this board trashing Keith and Levi (and with good reason) I'm somewhat confused how you now lament their possible departures. Unless of course you're just high on playing devil's advocate. Levi and Keith are at their absolute best merely mediocre linemen, I'd say finding replacements won't be all that difficult. Same with Calais who as of now still hasn't found a way to take the next step in becoming an impact defensive lineman.

Disagree. Last season, CC posted more tackles and sacks than Dockett and has become more explosive since his rookie season. The only reason Dockett went to the pro bowl over him was because of name.

CC has done nothing but improve year after year and I fully expect the same trend this season.

If so, re-signing him needs to be a priority either this season or in free agency. And depending upon his production this season, he may be worthy of the franchise tag if he isn't locked up.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I actually like Keith, and I was advocating extending Levi before the lockout. I think/hope that Keith has a breakout year and becomes a solid lineman, although it looks like we'll be passing on a pass rusher in next year's first round in order to replace Grimm's Big Mistake, since we don't have a second round pick.

Continuity is the most important thing in an offensive line. None of the Giants' starters in 2008 and 2009 were top-shelf talents, but they'd been playing together long enough that they knew what to expect and how to cover for each other. If you think that subbing out your LT is a seamless transition, I bet that Peyton Manning has some good things to tell you about Tony Ugoh.

Calais is an impact lineman. I don't know what you expect from a DE in a 3-4 defense. He lead the team in sacks last year. He can't make Paris Lenon make the tackle that he creates the lane for.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Continuity is the most important thing in an offensive line. None of the Giants' starters in 2008 and 2009 were top-shelf talents, but they'd been playing together long enough that they knew what to expect and how to cover for each other. If you think that subbing out your LT is a seamless transition, I bet that Peyton Manning has some good things to tell you about Tony Ugoh.

I agree with this 100% At some point, however, the OL's poor performance drags everything else down and we need to consider changes. All those fancy weapons we have on offense don't mean anything if we don't have time to fire them off.

When the time comes to make changes on the line, we should be building continuity by drafting those postions with greater regularity and then developing them within the system. It stands to reason that the transition would be a lot easier for someone already on the team, instead of a FA who's never worked with our guys, in our system.

Mitch started a thread that lamented how much we invest in the offense, while neglecting defense (particularly pass rush). I would agree with this with one caveat: if we forego a pass-rusher in favor of quality OL help, I will bite my tongue.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K9's Predictions

Cards as a whole: 6-10

Kolb: 12 starts. 3250 yards, 61%, 6.2 YPA, 22 TDs, 16 INTs
Beanie Wells: 976 yards, 4.1 YPA, 9 TDs
Fitzgerald: 97 rec, 1089 yds, 11 TDs
A. Roberts: 56 rec, 786 yds, 6 TDs
T. Heap: 42 rec, 370 yds, 4 TDs
Offense is 20th in the NFL.

Defense ends up in the Bottom 10 in both yardage and scoring.
Daryl Washington leads the team in tackles
O'Brien Schofield and Calais Campbell share the lead in sacks (8)

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
There's a lot of people who have been hitting the Kool-Aid kindof hard. I thought I was generous with 7-9. Is this what we legitimately think is going to happen, or what we want to happen?

19-0

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Pessimist me says 6-10
I think our secondary is a huge liability, and the lack of consistent pass rush will hurt.

Optimist me says 9-7
Our offense will win us a few games, and Kolb will hit his stride before the bye week.

Azcards3

Reaction score
Don't call it a comeback...

Carolina - W
Redskins - W
Seahawks - W
Giants - L
Vikings - W
Steelers - W
Ravens - L
Rams - W
Eagles - L
49ers - L
Rams - W
Cowboys - W
49ers - W
Browns - W
Bengals - W
Seahawks - W

12-4, we dominate the NFC West, keep our win streak rolling into the post-season and go to the Super Bowl against the New York Jets. In the 4th quarter, Larry Fitzgerald catches the game winning touchdown and our defense holds as the clock winds down to 0:00. Rex Ryan has chest pains, but promises in the post-game news conference that next year they'll win the whole f***ing thing.

Kolb throws for 28 touchdowns, is the quarterback we've been waiting for.
Fitz snags 125 catches, goes for over 1,500 yrds and adds 14 TDs to the resume.
Beanie rushes for over 1,500 yards as well and goes to the Pro Bowl for the first of 3 times.

Washington leads the team in tackles, pulls 5 sacks, gets PB chatter but no nod this year.
Schofield shows promise, notches 4 sacks and is the player to watch going into next season.
Stewart Bradley brings the pain, gets 4 sacks as well and is an animal.
Dockett gets back on the grind, stays healthy and puts up a respectable 5.5 sacks. Mid-season Twitter scandal is short lived and forgiveable.
Dan Williams comes to life in the second half of the season, starts blowing open huge holes against the Steelers and our linebackers reap the rewards.
PP21 is who we thought he is - 5 picks, 2 returned for touchdowns and a solid kick returner for us through the playoffs (one punt return for a TD in the regular season, one in the playoffs).
Calais Campbell becomes a household name, notches 14 sacks (including at least one 3 sack performance) and either signs a huge extension during the season or is slapped with the franchise tag after our successful Super Bowl run.

Bookmark it gentlemen...this is going to be a special year.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I truly believe that the Cards can be 11 - 5. I think its all mental with this team. If the Oline likes their QB and he is a good leader, they will protect him. When Warner was in, the line did better then I have ever seen in years prior. Yes they still let Warner get hit at times, but over the recent years, they had a better pass block when he was at the helm. Once again, its all mental. If KK is a leader and the oline likes him, which I think they already do, he will have alot more time then what D Anderson got.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Carolina - W
Redskins - W
Seahawks - L
Giants - L
Vikings - L
Steelers - L
Ravens - L
Rams - W
Eagles - L
49ers - L
Rams - W
Cowboys - L
49ers - W
Browns - W
Bengals - W
Seahawks - W

Best case scenario: 8-8

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why would anyone think that the Cards will lose to Seattle? Is there someone on the team that I don't know about that can make a difference? Jackson isn't that good and Rice is hurt. Am I missing something here?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm with you ASU. If the Cards didn't play 12 teams that couldn't win 8 games last season I'd say 3 wins was the high end.

But since they do I'm saying 5-11.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm with you ASU. If the Cards didn't play 12 teams that couldn't win 8 games last season I'd say 3 wins was the high end.

But since they do I'm saying 5-11.

So you are saying they are going to be just as bad as they were last year?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So you are saying they are going to be just as bad as they were last year?

No, I always think they'll go 5-11. Used to be my signature: 5-11 with 'em. 5-11 without 'em.

Dates back to 2002-2006 when the Cards went 5-11,6-10,4-12,5-11 and 5-11.

And then just when we think they've turned the Corner, that the light at the end of the tunnel is a reflection off the NFC West trophy and not a freight train, what do they do? Go 5-11.

:D

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that the Cards will be 9 -7 and win the West but Kolb needs to stay healthy. If they lose him forget the season.

Kolb 26 tds - 12 interceptions 3500 yds.

Fitz 105 receptions 12 tds 1200 yds

Beanie Wells 10 tds 1050 rushing yds

Patrick Peterson - 3 tds (includes interceptions and punt returns)
Rookie defensive player of the year

We will make the playoffs, win the first game(at home) but go on the road and lose to the mighty Packers in round 2 on the frozen turf in Lambeau.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn