Shane's ANNUAL Get your predictions in now so you can be laughed at later thread!!!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See us at 7-9.

Kolb 3,500 yards and a decent year all around.
Beanie 700 yards and banged up alot.
Pass D will be awful to start season...No pressure and inexperienced corners/Rashad Johnson.
Wilson will miss most of the season.

Will improve as the year goes on and be looking forward to next year when I believe we turn the corner.

Forget the details.:D Close on the record and we did improve as the year went on.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
We do well at home this season and steal a couple on the road 10-6 and we take the division and win our first Playoff game. 7 home wins and 3 road wins.

PS- This is if we stay healthy at key positions. If not 6-10 and looking for answer in the offseason. PROTECT THE NEST.

Yeah, I am such a hater to according to some...after a few days at training camp I said this team could win 10 games with this schedule. Some key injuries prevented this. I am just excited we finally have a defense and can now go about fixing the OL. It was a great year and could spring us back into the playoffs next year. Make it happen Whiz and Graves. Fix the OL already and find a compliment to Fitz and we will be right there.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PP21 with 2 pick 6s

8-8

Got the 8-8 right..... even if I would have said 2 punt returns for PP21 instead of pic 6s, I would have been low. Outstanding performance by Peterson.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kolb struggles at times but has a decent year. 12 starts, 3000 yards, 19 TDs, 8 INTs, 1 concussion.

8 - 8, tied with the Rams for the division lead. No playoffs as the tiebreaker goes all the way down to strength of schedule which puts the Rams into the postseason.

Beanie misses half the season (or more) with an injury as the Cards set modern records for futility in the run game. Horton starts to make a difference but our inability to run the ball really hurts us in the 4th quarter as other teams seem to run and pass at will as our guys tire. The improved pass rush puts us in the top half of the NFL for hurries and sacks and takes a little of the pressure off our secondary but it won't be enough.

All told, there will be more positives than negatives with the team but it becomes obvious that we need one more strong draft before we can compete with the big boys weekly.:koolaid:

Steve

I got a few things right but way off on the Rams and I really expected more out of Kolb. Might have underestimated the concussions.

Steve

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
8-8
Second in the west

Beanie gets close to 1200 yards rushing
Kolb has more TDs than INTs
Fitz has double digit TDs

Our surprise defensive performer will be AJ Jefferson, it may take a few weeks but he will actually look like he belongs starting in the NFL
Our disappointing defensive performer will be Adrian Wilson, he played poorly last year when he wasn't healthy, can't see him playing any better a year older and injured again

Our surprise offensive performer will be Doucet, who stays healthy all season
Our disappointing offensive performer will be Todd Heap who fights nagging injuries all season and catches no more than 30 passes.
YOu were fairly close...

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
DawgMan

I weighed in but I guess not on this thread, Good job Dawg!

Scho gets a deal with Head and Shoulders. Beanie gets a deal with Slip and Slide. Whiz will only admit to running the offense after the wins. Horton does a "Ladies Man" impression at some point of the season. #90 gets arrested for fighting alligators. Money Mike will make a huge play to help give the Cards a win. Duece will be in shape around game 5. Kolb will be the top selling jersey in Az. Fitz will make the probowl and enjoy some time in the playoffs, solidifying himself as the league's best. We will have the #1 (or damn close to it) redzone defense again. Feely gets 4 tackles registered. Cards go 8-8 or 9-7, I can't put my finger on it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards individual and team predictions for 2011:

Record: 8-8 2nd in NFC west.

OFFENSE

Kevin Kolb: 3100+ yards 23TDs 13 INT's and 55% comp.

Fitz: 89 catches 9 TD's 1100 yards
Roberts: 52 catches 650 Yards 6 TD's
Heap: 51 catches 500 yards and 3 TD's
Doucet: 22 catches 400 yards and 1 TD

Beanie: 800 yds - 9 TDs

PP21 2INT's

Cards go into last game of season with chance of winning NFC West, but fall short.

Nailed the record and PP21 interceptions.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
7-9

To much change and no offseason to prepare for it.

I think we get swept by the NFC-East (we rarely ever win on the road with an early kickoff - this year, 5 of 8 road games are early)

It's going to be BRUTAL on this web-site if we start the year at 1-6. (I think we'll be 2-5)

We'll finish the year with a nice run to get us jacked up for next year, but it will be against really bad teams. It'll also get us back into division title discussions - but I expect us to just fall short of the playoffs with another punch-line year for the NFC-W.

Go Cards!!!

Well, 1-6 came, and it was certainly brutal in here. NFC East was much weaker than I anticipated, and we fared quite well against them.

Also, end of year strenght of schedule or not, I think Horton has the foundation for an awe inspiring defense in the very near future.

Go Cards....

:self:

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Good
Record-9-7

Beanie-950 yards, 9 TDs

Fitz-100 catches, 1400 yards, 11 Tds

Disappointing Offensive Performer-Darryn Colledge. I didn't like the signing from the start. We'll be lamenting the left side of the line often throughout the season. He was a little better than I expected, but I still don't think he was worth the money. PFF ranks him 41st among guards this season.

Campbell-7 sacks

Darryl Washington-105 total tackles (Actual total=106)

Disappointing Defensive Performer-Stewart Bradley. I hope I'm wrong about this one. I really liked Bradley during his first year in Philly, but I haven't been impressed by what I've seen from him so far. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
The Bad
Kolb-3700 yards, 21 TDs, 14 INTs

Heap-50 catches, 650 yards, 3 TDs

Surprise Offensive Performer-Alphonso Smith. Fills in for an injured Beanie mid-season and shows he belongs in the NFL, leaving him a bigger role the rest of the season.

Dockett-9 sacks

Campbell-Mid-season contract extension

Surprise Defensive Performers-AJ Jefferson/Crezdon Butler. The two unheralded CBs make the most of their opportunities and team with Peterson to give the Cards their top 3 corners for years to come.
The What Was I Thinking?
The Out-on-a-Limb Prediction of the Year-Joey Porter looks like a bargain for his reduced contract. I'm not saying he'll be the old Joey Porter, but I think he'll be out to prove himself and will fare much better in the system he knows so well.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Carolina - W
Redskins - W
Seahawks - L
Giants - L
Vikings - L
Steelers - L
Ravens - L
Rams - W
Eagles - L
49ers - L
Rams - W
Cowboys - L
49ers - W
Browns - W
Bengals - W
Seahawks - W

Best case scenario: 8-8
12 correct, 4 incorrect. Could've done better!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards will finish @ 10-6. Rams are solid, but their schedule leaves them @ 9-7.
Kolb completes 60% & exceeds 20 tds. Shows incredible leadership down the stretch.
Fitz has monster year & we see that smile all season long!
Beanie has breakout year - 1200 yds, 10 tds, over 4 ypc
Roberts will be solid, but forgotten man DOUCET will be a difference maker, exceeding 50 catches & having 5 tds.
Defense will be better than expected, with the exception of the game @ Philly.
PP21 will score 3 tds, 2 via punt returns
Washington lead team in tackles, Schofield in sacks.
Porter does better than expected & gets 5 sacks.

-I predicted 10-6, very easily could have been. I'll always err on the positive side as I was raised on kool-aid. Many people thought the Rams would be solid, but they had a TON of injuries & Niners were way better than anyone expected.
- Kolb was injured, so hard to say.
- Fitz WAS a monster
- I was dead on with Beanie's 10 tds & if not injured, he would have surpassed 1200 yds.
- Doucet had 54 catches & 5 tds, DEAD on there, although way too many drops for this stat to be cheered.
- Right about the overall Defense, wrong about the Philly game.
- Nice call regarding PP21's touchdowns & punt returns.
- Washington led team in tackles, Schofield had solid season with 5 sacks, but Campbell had 8 & Acho had 7.
- Wrong on Porter, he's toast.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn