Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

Reaction score
Me too. I would prefer if we drafted Murray, to keep Rosen.

I know that this would mean we would lose out on a top or near it rated guy at a different position, but I think if you want to maximize KK's offense, you need to make sure you have a QB. Rosen is a question mark, and any rookie QB is a question mark. But with Rosen and Murray, it gives KK the best chance possible to implement a dynamic offense.

Some might point to Rosen's 'attitude' forcing a trade, but I don't believe that's assured since his attitude was just rumors with nothing behind them. The conventional wisdom is to trade Rosen if you draft Murray, but the guy isn't a grizzled vet, he's just off his rookie season. He hasn't proven anything. So I don't think it's the same thing asking Rosen to compete with a rookie QB to start as if he was some entrenched starter with 5-10 years experience.

Agree completely with the two of you unless we can get a high first round pick for Rosen. QB is too important to screw up and I would rather have two bullets. You can also teach up Rosen and potentially get a decent haul for him at some point in the future a la Kolb and Garrapolo, if at some point you feel Murray is definitely the QBOTF.

Regarding Rosen being unhappy, or trying to force a trade: he has 0 leverage. He has been paid a lot of money by the Cards and is still under contract for several years. Again, if it becomes clear that Murray is the guy, he still may have an opportunity to be some other team's QBOTF in a year or two and get set up just fine for contract #2.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree completely with the two of you unless we can get a high first round pick for Rosen. QB is too important to screw up and I would rather have two bullets. You can also teach up Rosen and potentially get a decent haul for him at some point in the future a la Kolb and Garrapolo, if at some point you feel Murray is definitely the QBOTF.

Regarding Rosen being unhappy, or trying to force a trade: he has 0 leverage. He has been paid a lot of money by the Cards and is still under contract for several years. Again, if it becomes clear that Murray is the guy, he still may have an opportunity to be some other team's QBOTF in a year or two and get set up just fine for contract #2.
The only problem with keeping both of them is fan reaction. Most people in today’s world want instant gratification. Most people on this board will state we have a lot of holes to fill but might also acknowledge we can’t fill all the holes in 1 year. If Rosen has a problem with competition by drafting Murray then in reality he should be 2nd string. There is competition at every position. Also many on this site are afraid that Murray won’t hold up. Well , there is a little less reason to worry if we have a young inexpensive qb to back him up IF...IF Murray wins the starting job. Either way I’m not giving Rosen away along with a cap hit for nothing less than a 1st round pick.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ultimately I feel that no matter what decision we make, history says we will make the wrong one.
Lol.. so at the end of the day, who cares? Just go with the flow... It is what it is. I felt the same way with mahomes.. I would have loved him in the draft. But as I think of it after the fact, he probably wouldn't had been the quarterback he is today if the cards drafted him. Lol.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They also traded us Chandler Jones for Jonathan Cooper and a pick so they aren't infallible.

Excellent point. However, that had more to do with the fact that they were never going to pay him. It's the Patriot way.

When it comes to choosing QB's however, they are exponentially less fallible than the Cardinals.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Excellent point. However, that had more to do with the fact that they were never going to pay him. It's the Patriot way.

When it comes to choosing QB's however, they are exponentially less fallible than the Cardinals.

Because they got lucky and drafted Brady in the 6th round?

I would say the jury is still out on Jimmy G.

I will say that over the past 18 years of Tom Brady's career, we couldn't draft a single QB worth mentioning.

Our best QB's were Warner and Palmer.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Because they got lucky and drafted Brady in the 6th round?

I would say the jury is still out on Jimmy G.

I will say that over the past 18 years of Tom Brady's career, we couldn't draft a single QB worth mentioning.

Our best QB's were Warner and Palmer.
How about the fact they draft all these guys, build them up, just to dump them for picks, because they really weren't who they wanted... basically making chicken salad out of chicken poop. If they WANT Rosen, to me it says they really think highly of him

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The only problem with keeping both of them is fan reaction. Most people in today’s world want instant gratification. Most people on this board will state we have a lot of holes to fill but might also acknowledge we can’t fill all the holes in 1 year. If Rosen has a problem with competition by drafting Murray then in reality he should be 2nd string. There is competition at every position. Also many on this site are afraid that Murray won’t hold up. Well , there is a little less reason to worry if we have a young inexpensive qb to back him up IF...IF Murray wins the starting job. Either way I’m not giving Rosen away along with a cap hit for nothing less than a 1st round pick.

Actually, any QB selected in the top ten after one year should not have to compete for Jack crap because it makes no sense. That does not show you believe in him, it divides the team because not all will favor the same guy for maybe just personal reasons and how can you expect a guy to be a leader then, it limits snaps in practice for both QBs to grow quick enough. I too thought that would be a logical move but now realizing the reality of that scenario it would be the very definition of a dysfunctional team in regards to the most important position. If you are holding on to both, that means you think they are close enough to find out and if they are that close... why waste a pick on a QB with there of defensive studs in the draft

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All bologna.... lol

Trade down and draft Murray at wherever you trade to. Then trade Rosen too. He’s not #1 pick worthy and if he was teams would be offering the farm to move to #1 just like other drafts where it’s iccured.

If we could end up with four picks out of the first 33, with Murray being the #4 pick, that would be amazing. DL/edge rusher at 15, OL at 24 and skill at 33. If Keim pulls that off, he deserves an extension.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could end up with four picks out of the first 33, with Murray being the #4 pick, that would be amazing. DL/edge rusher at 15, OL at 24 and skill at 33. If Keim pulls that off, he deserves an extension.

No doubt in my mind he would be there at 4 not even a question.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Everything you say is true. We did everything we could last year to draft a QBOTF, and rightfully so. I don't think that the Cardinals remotely thought they would go from 8-8 to the worst team in all of football. Drafting Rosen wasn't necessarily the problem, hiring inept coaches across the board was. That being said, we're sitting at #1, with an opportunity to draft a possible real game changer at QB. No guarantees, because there are no guarantees in life. They absolutely have to do this. Even if Rosen has a decent career, if you pass on Murray, and he produces star results, our franchise will never hear the end of it. We will forever be known as the team that passed on Murray. Our grandkids will be listening to that, and maybe their grandkids too. And I'll be tossing in my grave.
We are already the the team that lost Joe Namath so what's the difference and if Murray does a RG III then what? BTW RGIII was more than likely rated quite a bit higher than Murray

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wildass Prediction:

Cards look at their QB situation realistically and decide to draft Murray and keep Rosen on the basis that (1) they'll need two QB's anyway, (2) don't know which QB is better and (3) decide to let the two duke it out during the season to determine who'll start.

During each game, they could insert either QB depending on down, distance or game-situation. In fact, they could even design formations with both QB's in the same backfield.

And of course they could engineer a mid-season trade if another team was desperate enough (injuries wil do that) and the ante was raised.

(Or not - I wanted to shake things up).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Wildass Prediction:

Cards look at their QB situation realistically and decide to draft Murray and keep Rosen on the basis that (1) they'll need two QB's anyway, (2) don't know which QB is better and (3) decide to let the two duke it out during the season to determine who'll start.

During each game, they could insert either QB depending on down, distance or game-situation. In fact, they could even design formations with both QB's in the same backfield.

And of course they could engineer a mid-season trade if another team was desperate enough (injuries wil do that) and the ante was raised.

(Or not - I wanted to shake things up).

That's pretty interesting.. I go back and forth on the idea of keeping both guys.

What really concerns me about that strategy Jeff is how divisive it might be for the organization. I'm pretty sure two camps would quickly develop, and it might get ugly. But, then again, I don't really know. Fascinating to think about though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty interesting.. I go back and forth on the idea of keeping both guys.

What really concerns me about that strategy Jeff is how divisive it might be for the organization. I'm pretty sure two camps would quickly develop, and it might get ugly. But, then again, I don't really know. Fascinating to think about though.
Be careful. I was called an idiot by newbie Benny Perrin for talking about this.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Be careful. I was called an idiot by newbie Benny Perrin for talking about this.

You're an excellent, intelligent poster slandrac16. Even though you disagree with me sometimes. haha.

Mr. Perrin get's one mulligan for his poor choice of words, but will go into the "troll" category if he misbehaves again.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're an excellent, intelligent poster slandrac16. Even though you disagree with me sometimes. haha.

Mr. Perrin get's one mulligan for his poor choice of words, but will go into the "troll" category if he misbehaves again.
Ha! I’ve been blasted by better! I Always give the Benifit of the doubt to newbies but still have to point out their insults. Thanks for the compliment and right back at you my friend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard