Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where did you hear that Rosen is a little “looney?”

All you need to do is listen to some of the crap he has spewed:
- Told the Browns he didn't want them to draft him #1. He was too good for that organization.
- the 9 teams that passed over him are stupid. Then he narrowed it down to the teams that chose the only other first round talent QB's before him. There's a reason why he was drafted last of the top 4. The Cardinals panicked & traded up.
- He said he doesn't need the NFL. And that regardless of whether he ever played in the NFL, he was above ever eating at a McDonalds. What's the purpose of that comment? He's an arrogant kid.
- Went through 3 roommates in 3 years at UCLA. I understand 1 or 2. After 3, you need to look in the mirror.
- UCLA coaches said he wasn't ready for the NFL, but were still happy to see him go.
- Recently, Wilks said he was happy to have a type A QB in Cleveland. Wilks was a horrible HC, but Josh didn't do him any favors. I'm beginning to think that Josh was as big a problem as Wilks was.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Told the Browns he didn't want them to draft him #1. He was too good for that organization.
- the 9 teams that passed over him are stupid. Then he narrowed it down to the teams that chose the only other first round talent QB's before him. There's a reason why he was drafted last of the top 4. The Cardinals panicked & traded up.
- He said he doesn't need the NFL. And that regardless of whether he ever played in the NFL, he was above ever eating at a McDonalds. What's the purpose of that comment? He's an arrogant kid.
- Went through 3 roommates in 3 years at UCLA. I understand 1 or 2. After 3, you need to look in the mirror.
- UCLA coaches said he wasn't ready for the NFL, but were still happy to see him go.
- Recently, Wilks said he was happy to have a type A QB in Cleveland. Wilks was a horrible HC, but Josh didn't do him any favors. I'm beginning to think that Josh was as big a problem as Wilks was.

All pure conjecture and completely over the top.. LOL

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All pure conjecture and completely over the top.. LOL

All spoken truths. Take off the rose colored glasses Shane. I understand why, but the Cardinals panicked last year & pulled the rigger on Rosen. He's weird & average. Murray will be a stud. Time to face the facts my friend.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's an arrogant, rich, pompous kid. That is why he made the McDonalds comment.
The McDonald's comment irked me the most. Obviously we can all have a slip of the tongue or not think things through at times... But it just rubbed me the wrong way. Especially from your franchise QB who shouldn't even be thinking of it possibly not working out.. lol. Jmo

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The McDonald's comment irked me the most. Obviously we can all have a slip of the tongue or not think things through at times... But it just rubbed me the wrong way. Especially from your franchise QB who shouldn't even be thinking of it possibly not working out.. lol. Jmo

Yep. We all understand that it's not a healthy choice to eat fast food. His comment was arrogant & meant to put himself above those that make the choice to eat periodically at a McDonald's type establishment. The more he opens his mouth, the more I dislike him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

No offense but I would like to see the direct quotes to substantiate most of the above.

Regarding Wilks' comments...Fark him.

Regarding Cleveland comments...this is the only direct quote I could find:
"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team,'' Rosen said Saturday at the Cactus Bowl media day as the Bruins prepared to play Tuesday in the Cactus Bowl tonight against Kansas State, per Josh Weinfuss of espn.com.

edit - found another one.
"I've never said anything about not wanting to play in Cleveland," Rosen said. "I don't know where that came from. There's absolutely no foundation in reality in that [report]."

3 roommates - could it be that he roomed with 2 or 3 seniors?

Who doesn't say the teams that passed on them in the draft were wrong?

Rosen doesn't need the NFL. I can't find where he said that but you can take that two ways. He doesn't have to get paid in the NFL, he plays because he loves the game. vs someone who is playing the game because of the money.

edit - here is the McDonald's quote contained in context about not being fake about his passion for football vs money.
"OK, my family isn't, like, stupid-wealthy," he told Alipour. "But I'm coming from a place where if football doesn't work out, I don't have to work at McDonald's. Other NFL players had the same opportunities. I just haven't tried to hide it or fool teams into thinking I'm someone I'm not. My passion for this game lies in the game, not my need to play it. Tons of players needed this game, needed the money, played it out of obligation and burned out. I don't need it and still I give everything to it."

C'mon PACardsFan...you are better than that.

If you love Murray....love Murray. You don't need to trash Rosen in the process.
Same thing goes for people who love/want Rosen.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Haters are going to hate!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Sounds like you're paraphrasing a lot of what he said to fit a narrative. "Above eating McDonalds?" I think he said he wouldn't eat at McDonald's. My wife won't eat at McDonald's. Does that make her entitled? I wish I didn't eat at McDonald's, too.

And your UCLA comment is flat out wrong. His coaches were fired at the end of the season and Chip Kelly, when hired, tried to convince him to come back.

Also, Wilks is an idiot and any comment made from him about Arizona should be taken with a grain of salt. What about Fitz defending him? Do you think Wilks has more credibility than Fitz when it comes to the team locker room?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No offense but I would like to see the direct quotes to substantiate most of the above.

"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team,'' Rosen said Saturday at the Cactus Bowl media day as the Bruins prepared to play Tuesday in the Cactus Bowl tonight against Kansas State, per Josh Weinfuss of espn.com.

"I've never said anything about not wanting to play in Cleveland," Rosen said. "I don't know where that came from. There's absolutely no foundation in reality in that [report]."

Rosen doesn't need the NFL. I can't find where he said that but you can take that two ways. He doesn't have to get paid in the NFL, he plays because he loves the game. vs someone who is playing the game because of the money.

edit - here is the McDonald's quote contained in context about not being fake about his passion for football vs money.
"OK, my family isn't, like, stupid-wealthy," he told Alipour. "But I'm coming from a place where if football doesn't work out, I don't have to work at McDonald's. Other NFL players had the same opportunities. I just haven't tried to hide it or fool teams into thinking I'm someone I'm not. My passion for this game lies in the game, not my need to play it. Tons of players needed this game, needed the money, played it out of obligation and burned out. I don't need it and still I give everything to it."

C'mon PACardsFan...your better than that.

If you love Murray....love Murray. You don't need to trash Rosen in the process.

He really isn't better than that.

He has a fanatical devotion. Can't do anything about that. End of story.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And the class warfare nonsense doesn't need to happen either. Maybe his family has a business? Maybe his family has friends who own a business? What he's saying is that if football doesn't work out, he'll be OK but let's make it a look down his knows at poor people thing when that's not what he's saying.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

C'mon PACardsFan...you are better than that.

Great post and great research.

Rosen is truly misunderstood. I think the crap he gets from people is unfair. Yeah, he's from Manhattan Beach, which is an illustrious part of SoCal, but he's not this stuck up prick that people make him out to be

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The company I worked for the past 25 years is in Cleveland, so I spent a ton of time there. He most definitely disparaged the Browns organization & it was fans in that area that showed me the comments.

His comment you edited about McDonalds ended with, and furthermore, I would never eat at McDonalds anyways.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The company I worked for the past 25 years is in Cleveland, so I spent a ton of time there. He most definitely disparaged the Browns organization & it was fans in that area that showed me the comments.

His comment you edited about McDonalds ended with, and furthermore, I would never eat at McDonalds anyways.
And that's his right is it not? Maybe he doesn't like fast food. Maybe he doesn't like McDonald's food. Tell me, how many Hollywood types eat at McDonald's? The big money politicians? Do you think Nancy Pelosi eats at McDonald's? C'mon, this is as petty as it can get.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Great post and great research.

Rosen is truly misunderstood. I think the crap he gets from people is unfair. Yeah, he's from Manhattan Beach, which is an illustrious part of SoCal, but he's not this stuck up prick that people make him out to be

It's a well known, TJ, that Rosen eats babies pretty much all the time.

That's 100% fact sir.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird the flaming that occurs when Rosen has his character questioned...but will go right to town on Murray without knowing the whole story. Jmo

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And that's his right is it not? Maybe he doesn't like fast food. Maybe he doesn't like McDonald's food. Tell me, how many Hollywood types eat at McDonald's? The big money politicians? Do you think Nancy Pelosi eats at McDonald's? C'mon, this is as petty as it can get.

Trump does and it shows.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since Murray is the size of a little baby, there is no credence to having both on the roster if they draft him

5'10 204 is the size of a running back, low center of gravity, more stable and difficult to bring down then rosen
Rosen for example with his length when he try to accelerate he lose the balance, so even a kid can easily bring him down

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison