Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Rosen isn't looking to leave the pocket or put it deep, his deep balls fell short often, we saw this with our own eyes

Wth are you talking about?? Rosen has a better arm than Murray. Murray under throws and floats his deep ball all the time. His receivers constantly had to slow down to catch the ball. So Rosen overthrows all the time and now he under throws it all the time? You Rosen haters will come up with anything to justify your infatuation for Murray. Lmao

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But don't you see? It's over the Cards have botched this situation like I knew they would. They have backed themselves into a corner and now not only have the ruined any chance of salvaging their relationship with Josh, but they basically have to take Murray. No one is trading up now because we have shown our hand. No other team wants Murray, they aren't as stupid as we are. And if they do, they would take him wherever their pick is, no need to move up. Or trade with the Jets or 9ers.

Putting your franchise in the hands of a rookie HC and rookie QB is crazy. Not to mention the enormous amount of pressure you have put on them. Everyone expects us to come out and be world beaters because we have Murray. If we have back to back 5 to 6 win seasons the casual fans and national media are going to have a feeding frenzy on this team. They already hate KK as it is.

The good thing is Keim will be gone and Murray will playing baseball so hopefully we will be in position to draft T. Lawrence.

Big deserved facepalm for u

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
If reports about the Giants offering a 2nd rounders for Rosen are true, then it shows that Rosen’s trade value is going up as we get closer to the draft. Last month, Rosen was rumored to only be worth a 3rd rounder.

I won’t be surprised if someone offers a 1st. Rosen is younger than Drew Lock, who is supposedly the 3rd best QB in the draft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Not saying they are after Murray but perhaps they covet Bosa. Let’s assume they are. Bosa to the Raiders , Williams to the 49ers, Allen to the Jets and walla, Murray is there for us to go along with the extra picks. Not predicting this, just creating a situation to acquire extra picks and still getting Murray.

I have been considering this scenario as well

the issue: Jets have made clear that #3 is up for sale.

I suppose the Cards will have a decent feel for what player teams trading up are after and conclude that if the Jets trade down -- whomever moving into that slot is after Haskins rather than Murray.

If Keim pulls that off...……..

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That's very interesting actually, maybe all the Murray talk is just to set up a trade for Bosa. If we take Murray at 1 then Bosa falls to the 49ers and the only way a team could stop that from happening is trading with us. Raiders come up and take Bosa and we take Q at 4??

Dvontel in 3...2...1

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But don't you see? It's over the Cards have botched this situation like I knew they would. They have backed themselves into a corner and now not only have the ruined any chance of salvaging their relationship with Josh, but they basically have to take Murray. No one is trading up now because we have shown our hand. No other team wants Murray, they aren't as stupid as we are. And if they do, they would take him wherever their pick is, no need to move up. Or trade with the Jets or 9ers.

Putting your franchise in the hands of a rookie HC and rookie QB is crazy. Not to mention the enormous amount of pressure you have put on them. Everyone expects us to come out and be world beaters because we have Murray. If we have back to back 5 to 6 win seasons the casual fans and national media are going to have a feeding frenzy on this team. They already hate KK as it is.

The good thing is Keim will be gone and Murray will playing baseball so hopefully we will be in position to draft T. Lawrence.

The good thing is Keim will be gone and Murray will playing baseball so hopefully we will be in position to draft T. Lawrence.[/QUOT. I don’t agree with you only because at this point everything you hear is not necessarily true. I said in another post the Cards should leak a story that we are not taking Murray. If Rosen is going to be traded it will be before the draft. Of course that would sign and seal the fact we are taking Murray. The Raiders are the only team that could turn this thing upside down. If we trade our pick to the Raiders for #4 , and 27 ( assuming the Raiders don’t want Murray) it would send a signal to the league we are not taking Murray. Anybody wanting Murray would probably feel they either don’t have to trade up for him or they’d only have to move up to 5 or 7. So now we are on the clock with #4 and Murray is still there. If we take Murray we could then take a second round ( maybe higher) for Rosen and end up with 2 or 3 additional picks. If the Raiders want our first pick I make the trade and I don’t care who they pick, even Murray. We then go with Rosen and prove all the smokescreens were indeed just that.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Not surprising. It’s not often teams have an opportunity to acquire a franchise caliber quarterback at a reduced rate. I’m sure it’s more than the 3 that have been mentioned.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming the Cardinals are serious about Murray.

If the Cardinals get anything less than a First rounder as an offer for Rosen, there is zero reason to make the trade. They would be better off keeping Rosen on the roster and waiting for a team to get desperate when their starting QB goes down.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree Rosen can fit Kingsburys offense.

But look at what Manziel did in Kliffs offense. Imagine a player with the same skill set, but more disciplined.

On the Cards Underground podcast this week, they said that Texas Tech didn't even have a written playbook. They had a video playbook, and one of the things the offensive staff has been working on since it came together is getting everything transcribed.

This felt extremely concerning to me and has been the biggest red flag since I first became #Stiff4Kliff

IMO the Cardinals have failed more in the moves they didnt make than the ones they did.

They passed on QBs in thr past because they already had one. Even incremental improvements in QB are worth it.

The added wins from better QB play is worth more than a star defensive lineman. Analytics prove that.[/QUOTE]

Do they, though? Would the Falcons be that much better off if they had Patrick Mahomes instead of Matt Ryan (assuming their contracts are equal)? The Bears upgraded from Mike Glennon to Mitchell Trubisky a year ago and were still execrable.

There isn't a reliable WAR for QB play — in part because there's so many additional variables. I think that J.J. Watt at his peak was more valuable to the Texans than Brock Oseweiler.

The compelling argument for Murray is that the last few years have shown that, potentially, a mobile QB who can stay healthy can be immediately successful while they figure out the nuances of the NFL game — if the pieces are around them.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not saying they are after Murray but perhaps they covet Bosa. Let’s assume they are. Bosa to the Raiders , Williams to the 49ers, Allen to the Jets and walla, Murray is there for us to go along with the extra picks. Not predicting this, just creating a situation to acquire extra picks and still getting Murray.

Voila. ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
On the Cards Underground podcast this week, they said that Texas Tech didn't even have a written playbook. They had a video playbook, and one of the things the offensive staff has been working on since it came together is getting everything transcribed.

This felt extremely concerning to me and has been the biggest red flag since I first became #Stiff4Kliff

If that lasts for more than 4 hours, you really should see a doctor. ;)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

If the Cardinals get anything less than a First rounder as an offer for Rosen, there is zero reason to make the trade. They would be better off keeping Rosen on the roster and waiting for a team to get desperate when their starting QB goes down.
Just imagine if it were announced during the last draft the Cardinals traded their 2018 1st round pick + 3rd round pick +5th rd pick for a 2019 2nd round pick. Would anyone here think we should keep that GM around?

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Maybe the playbook is on their cell phones, thus the need to check them every 20-30 minutes? :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been thinking along these lines for awhile but I'm not excited about trading Rosen even for a first round pick.

For me it's more important to make sure the Cardinals have the right quarterback on their roster.

IMO, it's not a sure thing one is better than the other. I'd like to find out if the Cardinals are intent on drafting Murray.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Patriots want him that is enough reason not to trade him.

They also traded us Chandler Jones for Jonathan Cooper and a pick so they aren't infallible.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking along these lines for awhile but I'm not excited about trading Rosen even for a first round pick.

For me it's more important to make sure the Cardinals have the right quarterback on their roster.

IMO, it's not a sure thing one is better than the other. I'd like to find out if the Cardinals are intent on drafting Murray.

Me too. I would prefer if we drafted Murray, to keep Rosen.

I know that this would mean we would lose out on a top or near it rated guy at a different position, but I think if you want to maximize KK's offense, you need to make sure you have a QB. Rosen is a question mark, and any rookie QB is a question mark. But with Rosen and Murray, it gives KK the best chance possible to implement a dynamic offense.

First things first, KK needs to ensure as best possible he has a QB. After that we can build around whoever that QB is. It's a weird situation because most teams never have the opportunity to have a choice like this. It wasn't even realistically possible in the salary cap era until the current CBA. We are in position to take advantage of this. Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it's the wrong move. It's a different situation, especially with QB's like Wilson probably aiming for ~35-40 mill a season on his next contract.

Ideally I don't want to have all our eggs in one question mark QB basket because, quite frankly, we don't have to. We have the ability to have Rosen and Murray on the roster and for it to cost less than most teams carry at the QB position cap wise. Comparatively, it doesn't put us in a cap disadvantage versus other teams, it just uses up some of the advantage of having a rookie QB contract with Rosen by also paying for Murray. Something we can change in future years if we want to and likely garner a decent or perhaps a good pick.

Some might point to Rosen's 'attitude' forcing a trade, but I don't believe that's assured since his attitude was just rumors with nothing behind them. The conventional wisdom is to trade Rosen if you draft Murray, but the guy isn't a grizzled vet, he's just off his rookie season. He hasn't proven anything. So I don't think it's the same thing asking Rosen to compete with a rookie QB to start as if he was some entrenched starter with 5-10 years experience.

Additionally, who is to say Rosen has a better chance to do something sitting behind a vet for 1-3 years? If that happens, there's no guarantee that this team won't draft another QB to compete with him after he sits behind a Brady or Rivers. In the end, forcing a trade might just result in him waiting 1-3 years to compete against a rookie and he could have that opportunity to do that this year instead. Not to mention that KK has a great track record at the collegiate level with QB's, and Rosen might genuinely be excited to be in such a situation.

The Cards have no doubt talked to Rosen and should realistically know how he'd react. We don't. The media don't. But they could. Whatever path they go down, they have info no one else has on what Rosen would think.

I think we could carry both, if we're willing to forgo a talent somewhere else, this one time, in KK's first year. No better time than now.

I'm not looking at it as what's best to win right now this season, but what's the best way to ensure we have something to build around at the most important position, for a supposed creative offensive mind hc, for the next 10+ years. Rosen+Murray firmly gives KK the foundation and tools to build something.

Fill the QB position, figure out the rest of the team after. Without a QB we're nowhere.

Taking this approach and meaning it would also force other teams to come up with their best offer whether this year or later. We don't have to give them a cheap QB. We don't have to unload him just because they and the media think we do or can generate clicks by saying there is a controversy. We don't need those few million in cap space these first couple of years. If anything, free agency has already happened, so this year it's a wash anyways.

If teams don't want to pay big for Rosen, we'll just keep him and let the best man win. If we were to draft Murray, I hope Keim entirely prices Rosen out of the trade market. If someone offers a ludicrous amount (multiple 1st round picks), I might reconsider, but I would rather have both on our team. We can trade either of the QB's 1-2-3 years from now, the one we deem lesser, whoever that one is.

Until then we get the best chance of a franchise QB possible for us and we have redundancy in case of injury. The rest of the NFL can suck it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard