Rumor: Mark Sanchez to Cards on draft day

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Crappy system under Sparano . They were a mess the entire year with no RB and no WR play. He had no place to go

Once Skelton wins 4 playoff games vs the likes of Manning, Brady, Rivers... & all on the road btw, get back to me

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't mean this facetiously. I would draft Matt Barkley and trade up to get him before I'd give up ANYTHING for Mark Sanchez.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
my area postrema just short circuited; excuse me I have to clean up my keyboard.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He is not a starting quarterback. He only had 1 good year in college. Jets we dumb for trading up.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For Pete's sake, no. If anyone watched ************* beyond the AZ game, you'd know he's not worth a nickel found in a sewage drain. Bad system or not, there are certain QBs you know off the bat that simply aren't NFL caliber. Skelton and Lindley also fall under this category, as does Sanchez's teammate Tim Tebow.

Beyond Sanchez's physical limitations, he also makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen by a QB. We're trying to improve the position, not stay the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
For Pete's sake, no. If anyone watched ************* beyond the AZ game, you'd know he's not worth a nickel found in a sewage drain. Bad system or not, there are certain QBs you know off the bat that simply aren't NFL caliber. Skelton and Lindley also fall under this category, as does Sanchez's teammate Tim Tebow.

Beyond Sanchez's physical limitations, he also makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen by a QB. We're trying to improve the position, not stay the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If ever a QB needs a change of scenery it's him. He also helped his team to the AFC Championship games his first two seasons. He had a better supporting cast when that happened. He's better than anyone we currently have, that's for sure. He won't be able to do it alone, but here he won't. He should be had for pretty cheap as well.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I seriously doubts it happens but, with what the Cards have thrown out there, I don't see how anybody could say no to any possible QBs being brought on board.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't like him. Never did. Overrated out of college. Jets won despite him. Needs a top power running game or he is exposed as the horrible passer he is.

Pedestrian arm. Cannot pass to victory. If everything is perfect around him, he's mediocre on his best days.

His best days are behind him, and even with a change of scenery, he won't be what he once was, which wasn't anything good to begin with.

If he was on our team last year, he would have performed as bad as Skelton/Lindley imo.

Marginal emergency QB that makes way too much money. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

8.25 mil base salary, then 9, 12.5, and finishes up with 10.75. This is not including 6 million in bonuses over these next four years as well. No way in hell would I take on that contract.

At most if he was here, vet minimum on 1 year deal as a 3rd QB.

Would take Drew Stanton over him in a heartbeat. Plus no need to part with a draft pick.

I don't see anyone trading for him. Don't know what they were thinking by giving him that deal. Which must be a part of why like Graves, Tannenbaum is gone.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

Career 71.7 QB rating and 1 more INT then TD.

What's worse is other than his 25 TD season his other three years go like this
12/20
17/13
Then his good year of 25/18
Then last year
13/18

Our QB's suck, but that doesn't mean pick HIM up. If we're looking to improve at least. If someone wants to make a Trent Dilfer example they can, but simply put if we're going to give up a draft pick and take on that contract, I want someone much better than Sanchez.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Let's not make another Kevin Kolb like mistake. There will be some franchise QB's in next years draft for us to get. This year let's build up the O-line to protect our QB of the future. Drafting Eric Fisher and Kyle Long would go a long way to fixing our line problems.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If were going to trade for a QB it should be Alex Smith.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add Sanchez to the mythical team with Levi Brown at guard, Sherman at RB, and Adrian Wilson at OLB.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like this is all speculation and not even a rumor -

A bunch of Jets fans sitting around, smoking weed and trying to figure out "Where can we unload Sanchez?" ("Oh, I've got it - the Cardinals need a QB...").

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Add Sanchez to the mythical team with Levi Brown at guard, Sherman at RB, and Adrian Wilson at OLB.

If the guy comes cheap, his experience as a starter is pretty valuable compared to what we're looking at now. Put better pieces in with him, which we have and he has a chance to make this a competing franchise.

That is only if we don't take a QB in the 2nd Rd. or 3rd Rd. of the draft.
And then since Arians has stated he's willing to throw the kid out there, you just take your lumps for the year.

Make sure he's not killed from the left side of the line though. :(

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why is this even being discussed? The link is some random guy on a message board saying apparently the Cardinals inquired about Sanchez. Maybe they are just getting the prices for the different QB's that may be on the market. Maybe they didn't even inquire at all. There's nothing of any real substance here.

seesred

Reaction score
It's a no go for Sanchez in Arizona. I just don't think he is smart enough to play QB. I would rather look at door 3.

GBR

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
NY fans, media and ESPN are notorious for making up ridiculous trade scenarios that improve their NY teams. And for a number of reasons they seem to always target Arizona teams.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The problem is that there may be no other choice. The Chiefs have the same problem and can't even solve it with the #1 pick. For the first time in many years, there just isn't anyone out there in the draft or free agency