What a Hard Draft to Evaluate

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Strawman. No one has said it is trash.

No one has said they didn't like any of the centers, just that the value was inflated by fans who think the Cardinals must draft a guy.

Man you really misrepresent arguments. What has been said is that there is center depth, but none of these guys are top center prospects. There is no Tyler Lindbaum. There is no Garrett Bradbury. Just a bunch of decent players in what is considered a real weak draft overall.
I really don’t get why you do this thing where you seem to think you’re debating posters who lack basic reading comprehension & continue to double up on it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude, you are not paying attention. Several posters have called it trash. I believe that is a direct quote in another thread this very day.

Edit: And, again, you try to gaslight when someone's not agreeing with you. I'm not straw manning jack. Read the board. You really, *really* need to knock of the smarmy "you're just not understanding what I'm writing" type of nonsense. It's coming across very poorly.
Show me one instance of someone saying the center class is trash and I will retract my statement full stop. I haven't read it personally.

Either way, I do believe posters wanting a center is a strong case of fans wanting their team to fill holes regardless of value.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Show me one instance of someone saying the center class is trash and I will retract my statement full stop. I haven't read it personally.

Either way, I do believe posters wanting a center is a strong case of fans wanting their team to fill holes regardless of value.

I searched for center and trash and just got a lot of accurate Deandre Ayton comments.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not this idea of "luxury" players again. I don't know why some segments of this board are allergic to blue-chip players.
JMO, but I see NEXT YEAR as the Draft where we go for luxury. This year, I'm going with, "One man's junk is another man's treasure".

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I really don’t get why you do this thing where you seem to think you’re debating posters who lack basic reading comprehension & continue to double up on it.
ummm maybe because he is literally misrepresenting arguments over and over. He did when we were talking about Will Anderson Jr as well.

I asked @Stout to show me where anyone said the center class was trash and he hasn't, so I'll just assume he has misrepresented the arguments of a number of posters.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
ummm maybe because he is literally misrepresenting arguments over and over. He did when we were talking about Will Anderson Jr as well.

I asked @Stout to show me where anyone said the center class was trash and he hasn't, so I'll just assume he has misrepresented the arguments of a number of posters.
Yep, you assuming makes sense, given what it means. If it wasn't trash, it was garbage, or something similar. I'm not doing your homework for you. You called out my honesty; you do the legwork. There has been a vocal minority of the board of this opinion. Yours is a more reasoned disagreement, that you simply didn't rate the center class. A few posters are given to hyperbole on the class. You and I simply disagree about it, and I am not saying *you* are saying the center class is garbage, or trash, or whatever. We can disagree on the class, and on what picks should've been made, without arguing.

Also, again, when I disagree with you, I simply "misrepresent arguments." Yet you never, ever do anything like that--it's literally always other posters misunderstanding Krang. You very much need to stop the weak gaslighting.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is impossible. The center class sucked. They are less valuable than most other positions and you don’t really need a good one. LOL
@Krangodnzr

Oh, sorry, it sucked, not that it was trash or garbage. But you didn't notice this response because, what, you don't own a thesaurus or it didn't fit your narrative? I'll accept your retraction of the failed gaslighting attempt now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This was deemed to be carrying a fight over multiple threads and an unnecessary attack on another poster. Krang banned for the minimum 3 days
@Krangodnzr

Oh, sorry, it sucked, not that it was trash or garbage. But you didn't notice this response because, what, you don't own a thesaurus or it didn't fit your narrative? I'll accept your retraction of the failed gaslighting attempt now.
He was saying that in reference to @BritCard . He was trolling him. He was literally given a "break" for it.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Krangodnzr

I believe you knew I was being sarcastic. See your response to my post. That said I agree with you. Some including an admin were getting great pleasure pointing out the centers people wanted earlier were not getting picked.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t think I actually talked about our draft as a whole.

I love that Monti focused on premium positions like OT, EDGE, & WR. I believe the CB position has lost a bit of a luster “premium” title, but glad he focused on that, too.

No reaches for ILB or RB early. Draft like the Eagles.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has everyone had the opportunity to watch the interviews of these picks? Wow! These guys are articulate and intelligent. Doesn’t mean they can play football, but even if they can’t, they can have a career on Jeopardy lol.
Yes probably we just selected the best students of the draft, its a pity they just have to play football...

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
when we drafted Rondale I suggested moving him to RB and got poo poo'd...
but the kid is absolutely a Barry Sanders clone.... same height and weight, same 40 time, same body type, same personality, neither worked out at the combine, but private workout numbers are nearly identical all across the board.
If we ran that wide zone run scheme that BA ran with DJ, Rondale could be a very dangerous weapon out of the backfield. he would probably be a 1500 yard back...cant imagine what he might do if he played a full season
He is made of glass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson