Roundtree Talking to Carolina

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man, I hate to say it, but this is one guy we just can't lose at this point. With Kendall possibly moving (out of position, mind) over to Center, and Weeble-Wobble Dishman stepping in as a starting guard, our depth will be enormously important. If we lose Roundtree, who are our backup guards? Hmm?

This report is as per KFFL.com.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I said this in another thread... This scares me. The best thing last year was he signing of Roundtree and Fina. Veteran help at key positions. The guy plays 3 positions and we need him back. I doubt it would take gobbs of money, and an increase over the minimum is more than warranted for him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really puzzles me why both Fina and Roundtree were not tendered offers prior to FA. Both are valuable depth and showed just how imporant they were to have on the roster last season!

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They didn't have an O-Line coach for a while and were probably waiting for that to happen before committing to backups. I'll be interested in who they sign for backups if these guys go as an indicator of how the line is going to be shaped from here on out.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
we need both fina and roundtree back. This line has been dinged up the past couple years and they provide veteran help and diversity.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Roundtree was very solid last year. We should sign him for 1.5-2.1 mill a season, contract length... probably 2 or 3 years.

Without roundtree, things would have looked worse for us. Hard to believe, but its true. Resign him fast

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I though it worked out great last year with backups Dishman, Roundtree and Fina. If Dishman is starting instead of being the Cards #1 backup, it's a step backwards.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steve's right, Dishman on the bench makes our line a top-5 unit, Dishman starting makes it average.

Roundtree can play all 5 positions and should be re-signed immediately unless the team plans to bring in a comparable experienced backup like Brzezinski in his stead.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison