Rolle is a boss

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Awesome game by this guy, we have to lock him up long term, he gets better every game. Also, I thought DRC and Haggans had excellent games as well.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Awesome game by this guy, we have to lock him up long term, he gets better every game. Also, I thought DRC and Haggans had excellent games as well.

I'd like them to make every effort to keep Rolle. I only recalled DRC getting thrown at once today; that's respect.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
He does lead the team in INTs
True but there's a difference between leading the team and HOF. It seems like he drops at least 1 or 2 every game. If he was catching those, just imagine how good he'd be.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I'd like them to make every effort to keep Rolle. I only recalled DRC getting thrown at once today; that's respect.

I can think of three and they were all tipped by him. Also, he had that awesome play on the pick he dropped where he broke off his guy and almost intercepted the pass.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
DRC dropped an easy pick thrown right to him between the numbers. Otherwise he played well. That long breakup pass in the end zone was really a nice play.

Rolle is a gamer...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ditto once or twice the whole game seemed they were picking on McFadden the whole game.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting picked on all game like that would give a lot of people an inferiority complex.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Rolle is coming around. I know it's a cliché, but he's got a nose for the ball.

As long as he doesn't want to break the bank, (something similar to AW's first extension) I am 110% for locking him up.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He'll be asking for money like Wilson's current deal. He's probably earned about 75% of that.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Sign Rolle to an extension before he proves he deserves more. The Cards need to get this done. He is a difference maker. Make him happy.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was one of Rolle's biggest critics but he has improved quite a bit. Wanted to smack in the head for pitching the ball to Brown after the int. The guy does make plays though. Have to give him that.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rolle was the last line of defense on many plays today, and he made every one. I've been very impressed with him all year. Considering the long standing hole at FS that existed prior to him, I say lock him up.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
He'll be asking for money like Wilson's current deal. He's probably earned about 75% of that.

We paid AW for past performance and thats not really the way to go about contracts, Rolle is entering his prime and will earn the money on that extension if he continues to improve, whereas Wilson may have earned the money he got but is not earning it now. We already have an aging defense that needs holes filled there is no reason to create another one by getting rid of Rolle. He is the biggest playmaker on our defense and has the rare skill that only a few other defensive backs in the NFL have (Sharper, Reed, Barber) in that he can score every time he touches the ball. Plus, his tackling has been 100% better. I am so excited about the way he has played thus far.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Wilson earned it until last year... he was a pro-bowler last year for a reason. He is not having a good season so far though. Its not bad, its not good.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilson sucked all game, but won it for us in the end. You gotta give him respect for that.

Also to the poster saying rolle drops 1-2 a game.... yeah he plays defense for a reason. DBs are just shorter WRs that can't catch, don't you know? ;)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rolle gets the game ball today. Countless game saving tackles today and a HUGE pick when it was needed. Pitch to Brown was a horrible decision, other then that he was MONEY.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What more do you want in a safety.

Solid Tackler
Good Blitzer
Good Speed
Stays Healthy
Playmaker

Extend his contract now.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm loving AR right now. My only prob is his "to the house mentality". While I love it to death, you have to be smart sometimes. We really could have done without that lateral to Ralph.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Wilson sucked all game, but won it for us in the end. You gotta give him respect for that.

Also to the poster saying rolle drops 1-2 a game.... yeah he plays defense for a reason. DBs are just shorter WRs that can't catch, don't you know? ;)
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not too down on him about it, it's just surprising that a guy that's as good as he is after the "catch" can't actually pick off more of the pick-able passes that come his way. Maybe it seems worse than it is but a few of these close games recently, wouldn't have been so close if some 2nd half picks would have taken place rather than the opponent getting 2nd and 3rd chances.

Nit-picky, wishful thinking on my part but I don't think it's asking for more than this defense is capable of. I think it's very realistic that if the secondary starts taking advantage of most, if not all, the bad passes that are there for the taking, it catapults the team to the next level.

In the post season 2nd chances to the other team will be a killer.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I was one of Rolle's biggest critics but he has improved quite a bit. Wanted to smack in the head for pitching the ball to Brown after the int. The guy does make plays though. Have to give him that.

I'm loving AR right now. My only prob is his "to the house mentality". While I love it to death, you have to be smart sometimes. We really could have done without that lateral to Ralph.

To be fair, he got interviewed tonight on Fox and he said Ralph was yelling "pitch it me! pitch it to me! pitch it to me!" so it was a combination of dimwits ;)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
IMO, Rolle still has a long way to go.

He IS learning, there is no doubt he is getting better.

But his contract situation is going to be a nightmare. He does not deserve A-Dub money, he is an average safety for a team that gives up A LOT of passing yards.

He has very special and unique skills, but the skills that matter most he is quite average in.

As a fan, I would hate to see him go, since he is very fun to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard