Rolle is a boss

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was one of Rolle's biggest critics but he has improved quite a bit. Wanted to smack in the head for pitching the ball to Brown after the int. The guy does make plays though. Have to give him that.
I've probably been his biggest supporter on here. Antron is playing at a very high level right now. The Cards will have the money to sign him if the want. They should. I think Dansby and Boldin will be elsewhere next year and,unless i'm mistaken, Warner will be making significantly less next year so the money will be there.

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
I personally think Rolle has a teeter-totter complex. He's up and he's down. The guy makes plays and is very very dangerous with the ball. He's pretty good at stopping the run. Where the downside comes into play is blown coverage. All DB's not named Asomugha (sp?) blow coverage every once in a while. Where the problem lies is it always seems like he starts chewing out the other DB for not making a play, and acts as he's not at fault. He struts around as he is God's gift to Free Safeties, which is real annoying. Take some lessons from Adub, play your ass off, celebrate only when needed, and be accountable to your teammates Rolle. You've got great talent, you just need to grow up a bit.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not too down on him about it, it's just surprising that a guy that's as good as he is after the "catch" can't actually pick off more of the pick-able passes that come his way. Maybe it seems worse than it is but a few of these close games recently, wouldn't have been so close if some 2nd half picks would have taken place rather than the opponent getting 2nd and 3rd chances.

Nit-picky, wishful thinking on my part but I don't think it's asking for more than this defense is capable of. I think it's very realistic that if the secondary starts taking advantage of most, if not all, the bad passes that are there for the taking, it catapults the team to the next level.

In the post season 2nd chances to the other team will be a killer.

Other than the pick I can remember him only having a shot at two balls, one of them was a beautifully defensed play where he looked like the receiver in the endzone and almost caught it over the shoulder while being hacked by Seattle's guy, this was a very very difficult catch for a DB. The other I can remember was a long third down that was overthrown and he laid out for it and almost caught it, I could be missing something, but where are all these dropped picks you are thinking of, IMO DRC has a much bigger problem with that.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not too down on him about it, it's just surprising that a guy that's as good as he is after the "catch" can't actually pick off more of the pick-able passes that come his way. Maybe it seems worse than it is but a few of these close games recently, wouldn't have been so close if some 2nd half picks would have taken place rather than the opponent getting 2nd and 3rd chances.

Nit-picky, wishful thinking on my part but I don't think it's asking for more than this defense is capable of. I think it's very realistic that if the secondary starts taking advantage of most, if not all, the bad passes that are there for the taking, it catapults the team to the next level.

In the post season 2nd chances to the other team will be a killer.

Against the Bears, McFadden tipped the ball right before it got to Rolle, and against the Seahawks the WR made a great play to knock the ball out of his hands. So his drops are excusable in my book. Hell how many has Fitz dropped this year? And his job is to catch it. DRC has had problems holding onto the ball too, but when it comes time to extend him all will be on board.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm loving AR right now. My only prob is his "to the house mentality". While I love it to death, you have to be smart sometimes. We really could have done without that lateral to Ralph.

I don't know man... its the Sea Chickens, we ought to be taking every possible opportunity to run the score up on them if you ask me.

seesred

Reaction score
Haggans had his best day in REd yesterday. He came up big and led the team in tackles I believe. I think Rolle is restricted. Does anyone know what he conract status is for next year?

GB

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haggans had his best day in REd yesterday. He came up big and led the team in tackles I believe. I think Rolle is restricted. Does anyone know what he conract status is for next year?

Rolle has a very big bonus/esculator due next year. If the year is uncapped then no biggie unless the Bidwills don't want to spend the coinage.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Rolle has a very big bonus/esculator due next year. If the year is uncapped then no biggie unless the Bidwills don't want to spend the coinage.

Which might be very possible, with R. Johnson being groomed at FS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't the case. Rolle can do several things on defense even IF R. Johnson turns out to be a better FS. Also if Rolle isn't retained and Johnson is the starting FS who is the back up?

Johnson isn't even in the equation right now, Matt Ware is ahead of him.

Longterm maybe but I think Rolle has made it very difficult for us to let him go, he's getting better with every game now.

Remember his mom when his first contract was ongoing she said any good agent will get him a contract that he'll never see the end of because he has to renegotiate it? Well it didn't start out that way but he's at the point now where we will have to redo his contract at the end. It's business, we know Rolle isn't going to say I wasn't very good at CB but made elite CB money so I'll give you a break. And we know the Cards aren't going to say you played so well here's an extra 2 million. So his contract will be a sticking point.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I've been a big Rolle homer since he's been drafted and he seems to 'get it' now. He's been great this season and it'd be a shame to cut him due to cash. I really hope we re-sign him. Rashad isn't ready yet and losing a big play defender like Rolle would be a bigger loss than most realize.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I've been a big Rolle homer since he's been drafted and he seems to 'get it' now. He's been great this season and it'd be a shame to cut him due to cash. I really hope we re-sign him. Rashad isn't ready yet and losing a big play defender like Rolle would be a bigger loss than most realize.

Sho Nuff.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome game by this guy, we have to lock him up long term, he gets better every game. Also, I thought DRC and Haggans had excellent games as well.

When we first drafted Rolle and after his first year I thought he was a total lost cause. Once we put him at safety, where we all thought he should be, he became a man with a mission. He comes to play and will be there to replace Larry Wilson when that day comes. He is certainly a keeper. Lock him up is a good idea as we do not want him to get into free agency. I think we have the makings of an excellent group of DB's. Cromartie will be an all pro on year soon. I think McFadden is getting better with each game. These guys are also getting better because our DL is putting pressure on the opposing QB's and they do not have all day to look around. Our Ol has the same guys starting for a long time now and that in itself makes them better with each game. It appears we are starting to have a real running game to go along with perhaps the best passing game in the NFL. Warner and the best group of receivers in the NFL. We have so many good receivers we are not going to be able to keep them all because even our backups could be starters for many teams. Looks like Boldin is becoming Boldin once again and has not died as some think. The Cardinals still do not get the respect they deserve and seem an after thought with many of the TV broadcasters. We have a group of top notch coaches and are likely to lose some of those because of the respect they are getting from winning games. We should get another flag to hang in our stadium after this year as Division Champs and who knows what happens in the playoffs.

The successful teams seem to have a philosophy of keeping a core group of players and getting rid of good players a couple of years before they get a little long in the teeth. Waiting for players to reach their final year is not the best choice but often the players makes the decision. Having a good team with good results enhances our ability to keep players and have them sign extensions early.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd like them to make every effort to keep Rolle. I only recalled DRC getting thrown at once today; that's respect.

DRC has bigtime speed, long arms, and can jump. He will be an all pro some day. A good draft choice which I did not recognize. He is a poor man's Deion Sanders.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort