RFA Isaiah Thomas visiting Suns

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Much lower salary than I expected. Good call KloD. Still unclear to me how Thomas fits in, and -- in the larger picture -- what this franchise's plan is. I keep hearing about "stockpiling assets," but whenever it comes time for the front office to start redeeming those assets, they whiff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, what did you say? Could you repeat that please? :D

I was wrong. and since you posted this twice in two different threads, I guess I'll ask the same question in two different threads. Considering every major superstar went for MAX money in this off-season, do you still see an NBA where a bunch of stars will take whopping pay cuts to create a Team USA?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wrong. and since you posted this twice in two different threads, I guess I'll ask the same question in two different threads. Considering every major superstar went for MAX money in this off-season, do you still see an NBA where a bunch of stars will take whopping pay cuts to create a Team USA?

I had to make sure you saw it. ;) Well, that and you hounding on the other issue in far more than 2 threads, I figured it was fair game. i answered your question in the other thread.

SLO

Reaction score
My girlfriend and me made a list of 3 people that we can sleep with. She picked Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Kobe Bryant, and I picked her mother, her sister and her best friend. After I saw Bryant on her list, I dumped her

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to make sure you saw it. ;) Well, that and you hounding on the other issue in far more than 2 threads, I figured it was fair game. i answered your question in the other thread.

Everything on these boards is fair game! Hell, one of these days I'm going to get Mainstreet to answer why the Manning/Green deals were above board!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

The last CBA made it hurt A LOT more for true max superstars to jump to another team. Its really hard to imagine Melo leaving $40 million on the table to leave the Knicks. It hurts James less because of his endorsements.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My girlfriend and me made a list of 3 people that we can sleep with. She picked Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Kobe Bryant, and I picked her mother, her sister and her best friend. After I saw Bryant on her list, I dumped her
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What's up with greg monroe, is detroit for sure matching?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything on these boards is fair game! Hell, one of these days I'm going to get Mainstreet to answer why the Manning/Green deals were above board!

Not everything is fair game is on this board such as name calling.

See Forum Rules.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/suns-forum-rules-92885.html

In regard to the other matter, the Manning/Green deals were perfectly acceptable. They wanted to become a Sun and Jerry Colangelo had a reputation for paying market value. JC built his reputation based on trust and it carries on today.