Isaiah Thomas will sign a 10-day contract with the Suns

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Is it me or does it seem that Vogel is not on the same page as IT? In the interviews he seems to excited to play yet Vogel is saying he won't be in the rotation if the team is healthy. The Ish signing and the IT signing just don't make much sense unless you are trying to shore up something. The bench has been horrendous this season. If these signings are just pandering? It's just goign to piss the fans off more. Not that I think either signing is high impact but still. The IT signing has more potential though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem that Vogel is not on the same page as IT? In the interviews he seems to excited to play yet Vogel is saying he won't be in the rotation if the team is healthy. The Ish signing and the IT signing just don't make much sense unless you are trying to shore up something. The bench has been horrendous this season. If these signings are just pandering? It's just goign to piss the fans off more. Not that I think either signing is high impact but still. The IT signing has more potential though.

Yeah, from what I have read IT was not signed to be a rotation player and Ish Wainright is barely a two-way contract player.

The Suns really needed a backup point guard that could help the rotation, who could stabilize the team when Booker is on the bench in the 4th quarter.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, from what I have read IT was not signed to be a rotation player and Ish Wainright is barely a two-way contract player.

The Suns really needed a backup point guard that could help the rotation, who could stabilize the team when Booker is on the bench in the 4th quarter.
Then why sign him to a 10-day only? If we are healthy for the next 10 days, then he won't see the floor. Why keep him beyond that if so? If he is insurance, then why not just sign him for the rest of the season?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need a backup point guard worthy of playing in the playoffs. If the signing is only pandering, then he shouldn't have been signed. For example, Ish Smith is still available.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Then why sign him to a 10-day only? If we are healthy for the next 10 days, then he won't see the floor. Why keep him beyond that if so? If he is insurance, then why not just sign him for the rest of the season?
isn't saban on his way out?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns need a backup point guard worthy of playing in the playoffs. If the signing is only pandering, then he shouldn't have been signed. For example, Ish Smith is still available.
If Ish Smith was worth signing, why hasn't ANYONE, let alone the Suns, signed him? We signed IT over Ish Smith, so that should tell you something. Whether you think this means that James Jones is an idiot or that Ish Smith has some problems you don't know about, it's all debatable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, this is a lack of commitment from the Suns to pull out all the stops to find a point guard capable of being a rotation player in the playoffs.

Why pretend if IT is not capable of being a rotation player?

I have seen this dance before and so have the other playoff teams.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, this is a lack of commitment from the Suns to pull out all the stops to find a point guard capable of being a rotation player in the playoffs.

Why pretend if IT is not capable of being a rotation player?

I have seen this dance before and so have the other playoff teams.

If anything, why not try and spark something with him in the 4th? It's not freaking working in the 4th. 30th in offensive rating, 30th in net rating, 25th in defensive rating, 27th in FG% and 28th in 3 PT% which would be much worse without Grayson.

What do the Suns have to lose getting him in the rotation at this point? It may not work but at least he would be trying SOMETHING.

If this is not an admonishment of Vogel and why he sucks I am missing something. This guy's schemes have failed on both ends of the ball all season long and his rotations suck too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What makes you say that? He's on a 2-way so he's not on the way out. Sounds like they are going to wait until the last possible moment to make the decision about whether he will be converted.
He's on his way out or IT would not have been signed. I suppose if IT somehow looks worse maybe Saben could still get a roster spot, but it is unlikely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this does not resemble Isaiah Thomas, the current NBA player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys we are talking about a dude that hasn't been in the NBA in 6 years. I think the expectations for IT are way to high on this board.

He's not going to solve our problems.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys we are talking about a dude that hasn't been in the NBA in 6 years. I think the expectations for IT are way to high on this board.

How so? Where have you seen anybody say he will be a world beater? You are missing the point. What we are doing now isn't working. Saying we should try something doesn't mean it will work. It just means we are not doing what is failing repeatedly and consistently.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
looks like a locker room signing to me. The team desperately needs some positive energy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's the problem. If IT doesn't have some type of expectation of playing, then why bring him in?

Bring in a player that at least has a chance.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
exactly - vogel isn't playing him - and in 9 days he'll be isaiah no mas - so what's the freakin point

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He will get playtime.
It's on IT to break into this nonexistent rotation.
No he is not a pass first PG but he can bring the ball up without turning it over, something that eludes Book, KD and Beal and Grayson.
I'm not the biggest IT fan but I won't poo on his "comeback".
Praying that maybe he has a Cam Payne type resurgence.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How so? Where have you seen anybody say he will be a world beater? You are missing the point. What we are doing now isn't working. Saying we should try something doesn't mean it will work. It just means we are not doing what is failing repeatedly and consistently.
I certanily have not missed that point. I think the difference between you and me is I no longer have any hope the team will turn it around this season, and I am well beyond the point of grasping at straws.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certanily have not missed that point. I think the difference between you and me is I no longer have any hope the team will turn it around this season, and I am well beyond the point of grasping at straws.
You claimed people thinks he is going to be the savior. That's the only difference I see. I have not seen one person say that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You claimed people thinks he is going to be the savior. That's the only difference I see. I have not seen one person say that.
Yeah that's weird.

But let's face it, one of the things that is a hallmark of this board is that posters are CONSTANTLY misrepresenting each other. We're all guilty of it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's weird.

But let's face it, one of the things that is a hallmark of this board is that posters are CONSTANTLY misrepresenting each other. We're all guilty of it.
If someone wants to clarify I take no issue. If someone wants me to clarify I take no issue. I have started blocking REPEAT offenders like Hoophead. I don't have time for it.

Last edited:

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score

2 years, not 6.

If his hip issues are gone he might be of some help. I don't think anybody thinks we're going to get the All-Star version, it would be a great find if we get somebody who can play 10-15 minutes a night, run the offense and provide some leadership.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 years, not 6.

If his hip issues are gone he might be of some help. I don't think anybody thinks we're going to get the All-Star version, it would be a great find if we get somebody who can play 10-15 minutes a night, run the offense and provide some leadership.

I agree with the part in bold, but I don't think this signing is about that, the way Frank Vogel has talked about him.

I sure hope I'm wrong because I liked IT earlier in his career.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with the part in bold, but I don't think this signing is about that, the way Frank Vogel has talked about him.

I sure hope I'm wrong because I liked IT earlier in his career.

Vogel is an idiot. He openly says he won't use IT unless there's an injury, which on it's own isn't terrible except he's been so off on every other time he talks about a players role here. He said Ayton would be a focal point despite Ayton being on the block with one foot out the door. He spoke highly about some of the minimum signing guys we dealt away like KBD, Yuta, and Goodwin. They're no longer here. He said Bol² would be a regular in the rotation since he earned that in games and practice and then sat him. He did the same with Azabuike. I believe he even said Thad Young would be a regular rotation big but that hasn't happened either. Vogel's word means nothing.