Isaiah Thomas will sign a 10-day contract with the Suns

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’m sure he goes to work everyday.
I'm sure too. But it's like a guy who never gets on the phones in customer service, or rings the cash register when the store gets busy even though he's hired to be a cashier. Just show up, go through the motions, and then watch everyone else work when it's game time. Not blaming him, just this is a worthless distraction to the other Suns at this point.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure too. But it's like a guy who never gets on the phones in customer service, or rings the cash register when the store gets busy even though he's hired to be a cashier. Just show up, go through the motions, and then watch everyone else work when it's game time. Not blaming him, just this is a worthless distraction to the other Suns at this point.
I'm not sure how much quickness IT has left but hopefully he can still more than earn his money just by being the quick PG opponent we need to practice against.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much quickness IT has left but hopefully he can still more than earn his money just by being the quick PG opponent we need to practice against.
And there really is something to be said for some leadership even if from the bench. Something this team seems to be lacking in general.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IT has signed for the remainder of the season, making him playoff eligible. Now if only we had a coach who would play him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IT has signed for the remainder of the season, making him playoff eligible. Now if only we had a coach who would play him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
IDK, Bradley Beal and Booker playing better PG right now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IDK, Bradley Beal and Booker playing better PG right now.

We need bench scoring, another ball handler, and to give Beal & Booker a little more rest. IT should have received more playing time over the last 3 weeks. It's getting to the point, if it hasn't passed already, where we need to see how he meshes with everyone else in case we want to use him in the playoffs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need bench scoring, another ball handler, and to give Beal & Booker a little more rest. IT should have received more playing time over the last 3 weeks. It's getting to the point, if it hasn't passed already, where we need to see how he meshes with everyone else in case we want to use him in the playoffs.

I just feel we need to balance the roster a bit with Oneal starting and Allen coming off the bench. And then for IT we can find some minutes at the end of the 1st/3rd and start of 2nd/4th, something like 4-5 minutes each half, for 8-10 per game for IT. He can me our mini-microwave.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
isaiah thomas isn't here to play basketball

although i could see vogel starting oneale over allen - but only due to starting line ups

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas is pointless at this point because Vogel isn't going to use him sans an injury.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are totally discounting his value on the bench as a motivator and leader.

I think it should be both if IT can still play. The Suns bench is that bad.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's the problem, Vogel only plays him in mop up, if at all. Kinda says to me, The GM got this guy, but I don't have to play him. I am wondering if there's a little disconnect there between the coach and the front office?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the problem, Vogel only plays him in mop up, if at all. Kinda says to me, The GM got this guy, but I don't have to play him. I am wondering if there's a little disconnect there between the coach and the front office?

I think there is a huge disconnect between the coach and everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson