Isaiah Thomas will sign a 10-day contract with the Suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vogel is an idiot. He openly says he won't use IT unless there's an injury, which on it's own isn't terrible except he's been so off on every other time he talks about a players role here. He said Ayton would be a focal point despite Ayton being on the block with one foot out the door. He spoke highly about some of the minimum signing guys we dealt away like KBD, Yuta, and Goodwin. They're no longer here. He said Bol² would be a regular in the rotation since he earned that in games and practice and then sat him. He did the same with Azabuike. I believe he even said Thad Young would be a regular rotation big but that hasn't happened either. Vogel's word means nothing.

Unfortunately, Suns fans have no choice but to live in this world until Vogel is replaced.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First lets get this out of the way, Thomas > Saben.
Suns would need to convert Saben soon, he's only on so many eligible games remaining. Why sign Saben when you can sign Thomas for the rest of the year and the playoffs.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In theory I still think this is lame. You sign a guy to a ten day, in case you need him? Why? If you really need him then you sign him to a ten day. It's only a ten day. Not like you are keeping him from other teams for a long time. My view of a ten day, is someone went down and you NEED to replace them, OR you bring in someone to see if they fit or have anything left. It's like me saying, well, my everyday ride might break down, so let me rent a car for ten days, just in case my car breaks down. I will only use it IF my everyday car breaks down. WTF?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In theory I still think this is lame. You sign a guy to a ten day, in case you need him? Why? If you really need him then you sign him to a ten day. It's only a ten day. Not like you are keeping him from other teams for a long time. My view of a ten day, is someone went down and you NEED to replace them, OR you bring in someone to see if they fit or have anything left. It's like me saying, well, my everyday ride might break down, so let me rent a car for ten days, just in case my car breaks down. I will only use it IF my everyday car breaks down. WTF?

The Suns need more than a loaner throughout the playoffs.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Frank Vogel sounded iffy on the matter.
VERY! If you are iffy about a guy, why are you bringing him in? As a fan, when a team is bringing in a guy, I have hope its is for a chance to better the team. If you tell us fans, we are bringing in a guy, but he won't play unless guys get hurt. That tells me you really aren't looking for talent that can help us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERY! If you are iffy about a guy, why are you bringing him in? As a fan, when a team is bringing in a guy, I have hope its is for a chance to better the team. If you tell us fans, we are bringing in a guy, but he won't play unless guys get hurt. That tells me you really aren't looking for talent that can help us.

Exactly or to underlay expectations.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Exactly or to underlay expectations.
It's the talk of the Valley right now that Vogel is on the hot seat. You don't have to over sell the guy. You can just say, he's someone we would like to get a better look at. Just leave it like that. Vogel is more like chopping his legs out from under him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Speaking of Vogel, since our owner seems like he has endless pockets, I am wondering what coaching staff we are bringing in? I am pretty much sure he won't be impressed with Kevin Young's offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, maybe left hand not talking to the right hand?

I have no clue what's going on here but I don't like that Thomas apparently views his role here differently than Vogel does. If Vogel uses him as he's stated, Thomas won't likely be here after the 10 days.

I expect to IT to be optimistic. He has beat the odds his whole career. It's Vogel I don't understand.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I expect to IT to be optimistic. He has beat the odds his whole career. It's Vogel I don't understand.

I’m not sure what Vogel is supposed to to with this one. Isaiah was a horrid defender when he was in his prime and now he’s 3 years removed from being an unplayable NBA player. I can’t imagine this is anything more than a feel good signing or something like that. There’s no way this is strictly a basketball move.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what Vogel is supposed to to with this one. Isaiah was a horrid defender when he was in his prime and now he’s 3 years removed from being an unplayable NBA player. I can’t imagine this is anything more than a feel good signing or something like that. There’s no way this is strictly a basketball move.

Yeah, I'd probably looked at players like Ish Smith if I were looking for another point guard or Robin Lopez if the Suns were searching for a big man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will wait to see if IT is signed to another 10-day contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We don't need IT, we got Big Body Roddy to play PG.
Yeah, the eff is with that quote from Vogel? He is seriously considering Okogie or Roddy as PG possibilities?

Everything makes sense now - this guy truly is the dumbest MF to ever coach a Suns team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns sign Isaiah to a second ten day contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Free money for IT. He doesn't even have to earn it. Still in some of these games we go double digit minutes without scoring, so what would it hurt to see if he can hit a few baskets? Last nights game we were never in it. Might as well save Book, KD, and Beal and release the scrubs. Let him get a few minutes to showcase for his next team, potentially. I guess I am just a softie that way. I quit watching in the fourth, so IDK if he did get in.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a beyond bizarre quote from Vogel.
Is it though? He has made some perplexing comments about the scheme, what he sees on the court, the rotations and usage of players pretty much all season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Free money for IT. He doesn't even have to earn it. Still in some of these games we go double digit minutes without scoring, so what would it hurt to see if he can hit a few baskets? Last nights game we were never in it. Might as well save Book, KD, and Beal and release the scrubs. Let him get a few minutes to showcase for his next team, potentially. I guess I am just a softie that way. I quit watching in the fourth, so IDK if he did get in.

More cerebral coaches do this when the starters aren’t producing. I would have liked to see them come in during the second half of the third to see what they could do.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m sure he goes to work everyday.