QB Kyler Murray no longer plans to meet with the Washington Redskins this week.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting. Agent probably convinced he will be gone by the time the Redskins are on the clock and they really don't have the draft capital to move way up.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thought: He decided to pass on Washington because it potentially could lessen the public perception of his value. Whether he went or not, it confirms that he has no assurances from the Cards. (IMO).

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The theory was that Jon told Jay he wasn't slipping past him. I'm not so sure tho about that tho.

This is going to be interesting because if the Cards don't take Murray at #1 he might end up slipping thru to be the 2nd to as much as the 4th QB selected - making a lot of mock drafter experts look pretty silly. I'm still kind of sitting 50/50 that he is even the first QB off the board. Seems like Elway has a lot of love for Lock and I think teams are slow playing Haskins.

When was the last time there was so much certainty from the analysts a player was going #1 overall days before the draft to end up a mid to late rounder? The only reason I think he could fall is because KM has his sights on very high pick and contract to match. If that doesn't happen he could easily just say screw it and not sign and take the A's standing offer for the better, perhaps easier money and stay in baseball forever or try to come back to NFL after sitting out. It's taking more than your usual gamble on QB.

This is the problem with KM, he's not in a position where football is make or break like most other players and he already "committed to baseball 100%" only to flip on that once the hype started pushing him way further up the boards.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thought: He decided to pass on Washington because it potentially could lessen the public perception of his value. Whether he went or not, it confirms that he has no assurances from the Cards. (IMO).
Not a horribly bad opinion. :D

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one knows who did what. But, I really doubt the organization would turn down an opportunity to at least sit down with the kid. Jmo

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The theory was that Jon told Jay he wasn't slipping past him. I'm not so sure tho about that tho.

This is going to be interesting because if the Cards don't take Murray at #1 he might end up slipping thru to be the 2nd to as much as the 4th QB selected - making a lot of mock drafter experts look pretty silly. I'm still kind of sitting 50/50 that he is even the first QB off the board. Seems like Elway has a lot of love for Lock and I think teams are slow playing Haskins.

When was the last time there was so much certainty from the analysts a player was going #1 overall days before the draft to end up a mid to late rounder? The only reason I think he could fall is because KM has his sights on very high pick and contract to match. If that doesn't happen he could easily just say screw it and not sign and take the A's standing offer for the better, perhaps easier money and stay in baseball forever or try to come back to NFL after sitting out. It's taking more than your usual gamble on QB.

This is the problem with KM, he's not in a position where football is make or break like most other players and he already "committed to baseball 100%" only to flip on that once the hype started pushing him way further up the boards.
I haven’t seen a post with so much bs in its contents in quite some time. Welcome back, Mitch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or it could be they think the Cards are picking him and the Offensive Names want to trade for Josh so why interview Murray?

Too many things it could be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson