Post Texans Overreaction Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Doesnt make it any less true considering he just came back from major surgery.
What Cheese was referencing was that these are the same mistakes--basic QB errors--he has been making for years. If his rushing was tentative, or if he panicked whenever someone got close to his knees, yes, I'd tend to blame the injury. When it's "Same 'ol Kyler" mistakes, I don't want to hear he still has time to improve. Some folks will still be saying that ten years after he retires. Not you, but others.

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
What Cheese was referencing was that these are the same mistakes--basic QB errors--he has been making for years. If his rushing was tentative, or if he panicked whenever someone got close to his knees, yes, I'd tend to blame the injury. When it's "Same 'ol Kyler" mistakes, I don't want to hear he still has time to improve. Some folks will still be saying that ten years after he retires. Not you, but others.
I get your take. I just think he has the ability to win games, and that it is to early to scrap him and start over. There are teams much worse off in regards to a QB then we are. The Cardinals need upgrades in other areas.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After a couple hours I'm not as mad, this Texans team is going to the playoffs. Murray has work to do but I am proud of how the defense flipped the script in the 2nd half. I hope Hamilton's injury isn't too bad.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree fully on kliff. However he has absolutely nothing to do with how kyler performs with the tools he is given...yes he runs practices, designs plays, and calls the offense. But even with kliff being a constant kyler was inconsistent.
Even consistently bad is better than inconsistent... because it at least allows you to identify where you need to focus your efforts.
But with kyler one game his footwork is fine and the next week it's poo...his pre snap reads are fine and suddenly it's like he ain't even looking... he locks onto his primary one week and the following game he is rolling through his progressions...he has a couple games of good pocket mechanics followed by a month of happy feet...

He is like my first wife. It's always something...and when you think it's all good some poo you handled a long time ago comes back to bite you in the ass
that last bit LOL

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone arguing against this would have to be either his family or agent.
Marco Wilson should NOT be in the NFL.
I have not screamed at the TV as much as I did today in many years. They should have thrown to his cover guy all day and Houston would have scored over 50 points. Run him out of town!!!!!
Ok, please!!!!!!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler can win 5-11 games any year. Get him a strong cast and hope for the best. Hollywood Brown is at best a B- receiver. 5-x receivers suck on this team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Agree. I’m not saying we are tanking, but it sure looks like Gannon is more interested in evaluation than he is of actually winning. You NEVER go for two until you have to go for two. If not for Gannon being stupid, we would have been lining up for a game winning FG as the clock expired.

Gannon may be a terrible coach but you definitely go for two with the way our defense looked at the time of the conversion attempt. If he knew Stroud would turn into a pumpkin from that point forward you kick it. At the end of the day it was a 4pt vs 5pts so it’s more if a complaining just to complain thing.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch is better than Pascal and Moore

No, he is not better than Moore. He made one good run today and it looked like a punt return. He make small mistakes and lacks field vision/awareness. He was being covered by their 3th/4th CB. Put him up against thier 1st or 2nd and he will struggle. I already posted the comparison between the two with Dorch playing an extra year, but he has half of Moore's production. On Moore's TD, Moore knew right when to burst for separation and it was gorgeous! Dortch doesn't do that. This staff has zero loyalty to players outside of the last draft, so if Dortch was better than Moore, then Dortch would be playing.

Pascal is a foot taller and plays a different position at WR.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, he is not better than Moore. He made one good run today and it looked like a punt return. He make small mistakes and lacks field vision/awareness. He was being covered by their 3th/4th CB. Put him up against thier 1st or 2nd and he will struggle. I already posted the comparison between the two with Dorch playing an extra year, but he has half of Moore's production. On Moore's TD, Moore knew right when to burst for separation and it was gorgeous! Dortch doesn't do that. This staff has zero loyalty to players outside of the last draft, so if Dortch was better than Moore, then Dortch would be playing.

Pascal is a foot taller and plays a different position at WR.
Moore has straight line speed and that is it. He doesn't draw top coverage assignments either. He isn't capable of the catch and run Dortch had today. No moves and can't break tackles like Dortch. They have been force feeding Moore for years now so of course he has more targets and production. Dortch doesn't get the snaps Moore does.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moore has straight line speed and that is it. He doesn't draw top coverage assignments either. He isn't capable of the catch and run Dortch had today. No moves and can't break tackles like Dortch. They have been force feeding Moore for years now so of course has more targets and production. Dortch doesn't get the snaps Moore does.
Dortch played a full year more than Moore. Dorch does play because he's not good. Moore isn't good either, but he's better. Moore plays WR like a WR, Dorch plays WR like a PR. It doesn't matter if he has a good run after catch 1 or 2 times a game if he's making many other mistakes with his other snaps.

Again, if he was better, he would be playing. Dorch is a fringe 45 man roster player.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch played a full year more than Moore. Dorch does play because he's not good. Moore isn't good either, but he's better. Moore plays WR like a WR, Dorch plays WR like a PR. It doesn't matter if he has a good run after catch 1 or 2 times a game if he's making many other mistakes with his other snaps.

Again, if he was better, he would be playing. Dorch is a fringe 45 man roster player.
We all have our opinion. Mine is different than yours.
Moore, who I dub, “Tiny Dancer” blows. We can easily live without his 1 big play every 10 games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry… the “if he was better, he would playing” argument goes out the window on a team that had Ertz’s pathetic ass getting reps over McBride and Marco Wilson starting over Clark.

This coaching staff hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt on their personnel decisions yet.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an overreaction: Marco Wilson might be the worst corner I’ve ever seen

I want to say "how is it possible he is getting worse as the year goes on" but the answer to that is game tape. Teams are seeing the same crap we are and are just exploting the poo out of it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gannon may be a terrible coach but you definitely go for two with the way our defense looked at the time of the conversion attempt. If he knew Stroud would turn into a pumpkin from that point forward you kick it. At the end of the day it was a 4pt vs 5pts so it’s more if a complaining just to complain thing.
I’m not saying that Gannon is a terrible coach. In fact, I think he’ll be a great coach. I’m old school & just don‘t buy into the analytics that the younger coaches do. There may be games where the modern day analytical approach may win a game for us. But, for today, it did have a huge hand in us losing one.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lMy random overreactions:

#1. From launch angles to 2 point coversions, analytics frustrate me to no end in regards to sports. We see players and managers repeatedly taking the 53% of outcomes in a vacuum side of things but that vacuum doesn't exist.

The moment you miss one of these gambles on points, you spend the whole game chasing it. The analytics don't account for your oline not being able to block, the scheme the defenses are doing, or your QB's status coming back from injury.

#2. Kyler has clearly heard his critics and is going to reinjure himself trying to rewrite that narrative. He is throwing his body around with reckless abandon.

#3. I was two weeks off on the preseason narrative but beyond that I nailed that Kyler comes back and wins his first game back and then just struggles with timing in game 2. What I didn't predict was Kyler short arming the deep throws, something that was never an issue pre injury. He's just not comfortable with his feet yet. It doesn't help he couldn't complete a 5 step drop without being obliterated.

#4 Speaking of being obliterated, the line play on both sides are exactly what many predicted in the off season. If Kyler Murray or James Connor don't make an amazing play out of dog poop, then the offense struggles. The defense just gives up big runs and long drives and is completely reliant on the offense making mistakes.

What ends up happening is nothing looks routine. It's wow or ow.

#5. Yet another woulda coulda game.

CBS flashed a graphic of the worst 4th quarter teams and there we were, #4. When you are a bottom 5 team in 4th quarter point differential, every game is a woulda coulda.

i would kill for an easy game.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone was actually complaining about the TD pass to Moore saying it was not on target lol.. That pass was ridiculous and hit him in stride, he has to have time to drop and set to throw accurately, can be impossible sometimes behind this line. That was the best TD throw of the seal. For the team yet some just have to try and pick him apart it’s kinda ridiculous and pathetic. Lots of plays left on the field but we lost because of the points the coach decided not to take. Hopefully he learns from this and stops chasing points, or he is outwitting everyone and sort of losing in purpose while evaluating the team. At this point you need a win here and there maybe to keep guys buying into the program, but the draft capital is probably more of a dire need for this talent depleted team. K1 is a long way down on the list of problems for this team imo. People love to hate on the guy…

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Again, he gets very little opportunity and when he does he produces. Moore was a high pick that they tried to justify. The new regime will not bring him back in my opinion. We can’t discuss the receptions Moore had after the early TD because there weren’t any. Dortch had twice as many receptions as Moore and Brown combined and led in receptions and yards for the day.

Stout

Reaction score
I get your take. I just think he has the ability to win games, and that it is to early to scrap him and start over. There are teams much worse off in regards to a QB then we are. The Cardinals need upgrades in other areas.
By the end of the season, he is what he is. He is the QB he's going to be for his career. If that's not good enough, then he's not the guy. I want him to be the guy so we can upgrade those other areas. Heck, even if he isn't, the QBs available may not be good enough anyway.

Stout

Reaction score
lMy random overreactions:

#1. From launch angles to 2 point coversions, analytics frustrate me to no end in regards to sports. We see players and managers repeatedly taking the 53% of outcomes in a vacuum side of things but that vacuum doesn't exist.

The moment you miss one of these gambles on points, you spend the whole game chasing it. The analytics don't account for your oline not being able to block, the scheme the defenses are doing, or your QB's status coming back from injury.

#2. Kyler has clearly heard his critics and is going to reinjure himself trying to rewrite that narrative. He is throwing his body around with reckless abandon.

#3. I was two weeks off on the preseason narrative but beyond that I nailed that Kyler comes back and wins his first game back and then just struggles with timing in game 2. What I didn't predict was Kyler short arming the deep throws, something that was never an issue pre injury. He's just not comfortable with his feet yet. It doesn't help he couldn't complete a 5 step drop without being obliterated.

#4 Speaking of being obliterated, the line play on both sides are exactly what many predicted in the off season. If Kyler Murray or James Connor don't make an amazing play out of dog poop, then the offense struggles. The defense just gives up big runs and long drives and is completely reliant on the offense making mistakes.

What ends up happening is nothing looks routine. It's wow or ow.

#5. Yet another woulda coulda game.

CBS flashed a graphic of the worst 4th quarter teams and there we were, #4. When you are a bottom 5 team in 4th quarter point differential, every game is a woulda coulda.

i would kill for an easy game.
Some great points in here. I'm one of the "stop sliding too early" guys, but damn Kyler, this game means nothing. You don't have to try to bull your way into the end zone!

Also, his deep passes were awful last season before he injured his knee. We can't blame those issues on his knee injury.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of him tackling the guy last game and going head first on some runs yesterday

We need him to be healthy and not get injured again

I realize that he is trying hard to show he wants to win, but he needs to be smart with his body

He had a rough game today so let's see how he comes back next week

Book is still open on him

Stout

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of him tackling the guy last game and going head first on some runs yesterday

We need him to be healthy and not get injured again

I realize that he is trying hard to show he wants to win, but he needs to be smart with his body

He had a rough game today so let's see how he comes back next week

Book is still open on him
Very much agree. He can have a bad game yesterday and still not be doomed. The time is running out but there is still time.

Stout

Reaction score
Playing both sides, lol. Make up your mind dude.
This is a poor reply grossly distorting, well, everything. When he has time, don't slide short of the line to gain. It won't kill him to slide a split second later in those situations. Lowering his head straight into a wall of much larger opponents will. The first is poor decision making where he's likely just not paying close enough attention. The latter might be him trying to make up for those mistakes.

But hey, hate on, @DVontel. I know you will.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a poor reply grossly distorting, well, everything. When he has time, don't slide short of the line to gain. It won't kill him to slide a split second later in those situations. Lowering his head straight into a wall of much larger opponents will. The first is poor decision making where he's likely just not paying close enough attention. The latter might be him trying to make up for those mistakes.

But hey, hate on, @DVontel. I know you will.
Nothing poor about it. I just see past this hypocrisy. It’s okay until he does then it’s not until he doesn’t. Flirting with both sides is hilarious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard