Post Texans Overreaction Thread

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Didn't see one up yet but we have 6 games remaining and I'm sticking to my 3 win season prediction

Our defense is weak af - our O-line is weak af - Hollywood is overrated af - and the old Kyler Murray just showed up

And can we please take points when we can get them

These are not good things

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Only one team with a worse record than the Cardinals - and that would be Carolina. #2 pick in the draft still looking pretty good. KM is not the savior for this team. Too many holes on both sides of the ball and KM is just not an "elite" QB in the NFL. This was a winnable game against a pretty good Houston Texans team, but the Cards folded in the end like they often do. Unfortunate, but just the truth.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Offense looked just like it did under Kliff. The runs from shotgun were not effective at all. Was hoping to see a lot more under-center power run game and play action, especially with the OL being so bad.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should just name it the rip K1 thread since we all know that’s what it will turn into! Should have kicked FGs instead of going for unnecessary 4th downs, and kick the damn xp stop chasing points when they are there to be had! This game was lost on coaching 100%. The I while not great got in positions to put points o the board but the HC chose to go for more! It’s weird watching almost like we are trying to lose but not look to obvious about it lol. It was loud in there and they didn’t do great at the end getting plays in and out and not sure wtf huddling and running clock out! And the terrible first down play call at the end just set them up for failure trying to be cute. Honestly with our record it’s much better for us to lose but I like seeing us in every game with a chance and see positive growth, but we are talent depleted team so the better the draft the better for us in the future!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Offense looked just like it did under Kliff. The runs from shotgun were not effective at all. Was hoping to see a lot more under-center power run game and play action, especially with the OL being so bad.
Offensive line is the key part, and it’s been 2 games… Thinking they want to ease Murray into the new offense not just throw him under center way more than he’s comfortable with after being out so long. Thinking the later games of the season will look much different than these first 2… this team needs talent period and a true #1 WR

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler Murray still has room to get better. Let's not forget he is coming off major knee surgery and is in a whole new system with this team. He still makes great plays with his legs. We are really lacking in the WR room and I hope we make major improvements at that position in the off season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler Murray still has room to get better. Let's not forget he is coming off major knee surgery and is in a whole new system with this team. He still makes great plays with his legs. We are really lacking in the WR room and I hope we make major improvements at that position in the off season.

The troubling part is that all the mistakes today looked like the same mistakes last year.

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
The troubling part is that all the mistakes today looked like the same mistakes last year.
Are you talking about the delay of games? I hope that is something that will get better. We will see. As far as the miss/under throws, Ive seen him in the past make the passes needed to win games and hope that those bad passes will be the exception as he plays more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the delay of games? I hope that is something that will get better. We will see. As far as the miss/under throws, Ive seen him in the past make the passes needed to win games and hope that those bad passes will be the exception as he plays more.

Yeah, the delay of games, barely getting plays off in time and then the late game clock management which bled over a minute off the clock for a total of 7 yards.

And the deep ball is painful to watch now. It was the best thing about his passing his first 2.5 years but has been abysmal ever since.

Wheels look good to me, but that’s about the only thing that’s consistent with Kyler the last two games.

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, the delay of games, barely getting plays off in time and then the late game clock management which bled over a minute off the clock for a total of 7 yards.

And the deep ball is painful to watch now. It was the best thing about his passing his first 2.5 years but has been abysmal ever since.

Wheels look good to me, but that’s about the only thing that’s consistent with Kyler the last two games.
Yeah I get what your saying. Let's give him a couple more games I'd say. That deep ball to Moore was beautiful, so we know he still has that talent. He just needs to be more consistent with it.

The time management at the end of the game definitely needs to be cleaned up. I'm not concerned about the time as much as getting the play off in time.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Game balls

Conner / was on his way to an amazing day averaging around 9 ypc in the first half but the holes closed up later in the game - I believe Fro even tackled Conner with his ass at one point

Jones Jr - only had 1 carry today - but for 10 yards and it was a very crucial 10 yards

Jalen Thompson - interception in the end zone and also later knocking the Dobbsit outta of Stroud - who never really played the same after the sack

Blame balls

If there were callers for Hollywood Brown we should have answered them - if the throw is a little too far he can't adjust - a little too short - he can't adjust - Hopkins would've caught both because Hopkins is a #1 WR

Kyler Murray - just didn't have it today - even the first TD to Moore early on was not exactly spot on - had a case of the wobbles - had a case of the time outs - had a case of "I don't know what to do so I'll just take a huge unessesary hit a full 3 yards short of the goal line - wtf was that

Pretty much the whole defense who played like a bunch of hooker stewardesses - because they sucked both in the air and on the ground - our secondary is the only thing worse than our offensive line

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

I feel like Kyler was able to flick his wrist and throw 40 yards ropes first couple years. Deep ball is way off.

That being said not every deep ball in the NFL is thrown in stride and Hollywood needs to at least try to catch it instead of waiting like a shortstop on a pop fly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like Kyler was able to flick his wrist and throw 40 yards ropes first couple years. Deep ball is way off.

That being said not every deep ball in the NFL is thrown in stride and Hollywood needs to at least try to catch it instead of waiting like a shortstop on a pop fly.
I gave Hollywood plenty of shade today for him just quitting on almost any play he could have made.

Dude doesn’t block, make big plays… or even small plays and is incredibly overrated. The idea of even contemplating giving him 15 million per year makes me sick about the future with this team.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dude worked the pocket and went through his progressions...and he made a few really good pre snap reads.
All of that is improved over his previous body of work.
When he was a rook he threw the best deep balls I've ever seen...then he bulked up and I dunno if it was stiffness, shoulder power, or what but his deep ball suffered. He has went back to a slighter frame but he hasn't found his touch yet. Some of that could be attributed to lack of time with his wr's.... seen him throwing to rondale a lot in practice and he didn't have any issues hitting him in stride.
McBride fugged up over the middle again...looked like last second he remembered he was supposed to squat but the ball was already in the air. Fortunately it wasn't a pick this week.
Kyler has made a lot of changes in both his game and his mannerism...

There is still massive room for improvement but we shouldn't disregard the effort it has to have taken for him to get this far this fast.
I still think if we get a top 2 pick it's 50/50 at this point whether we draft a QB.... our best case scenario is to gain a definitive answer over the rest of the season.
Fortunately the nfl sees kyler in a positive light so if his level of play stays similar to the past two weeks he should still have decent trade value.
A guy like Stroud was exposed to pro offensive concepts in college. But the league knows this half season is kylers first exposure to pro concepts and language...
The worst case for the team is a late injury. Muddies his future, tanks his value, and triggers a $90mil injury clause...it would be the most Cardinal thing.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Yeah... a WR has to protect his QB... the most frustrating thing about it is that Brown worked hard on a few plays to protect Dobbs... it's like he thinks the world is all sunshine and rainbows since kyler is back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take away the one bomb to Moore and it was a terrible offensive show.

I do not understand this. You’re losing 21-16. If you kick the extra point you’re down by 4 but by failing your down by 5. I think that sends the wrong message like we aren’t going to score another touchdown.
Now if your opponent kicks a fg you’re down by 8 instead of 7 and FORCED to go for two. I give a poop about analytics. Don’t chase point when you don’t have to.
Have we ever lost a game and said, “ Man if we would have went for two points in the first quarter we might have won?

This offense looks like we have our finger in an electrical socket. Nothing seems smooth. Nothing seems easy. Almost every pass attempt seems contested.

Let Brown walk.
Moore AKA “ Tiny Dancer” is useless. Every time he makes a catch he turns, turns again, turns again and then is tackled. We can live without his one big play every 10 games. Dortch is better than him.

One good thing is this team plays their guts out. I hope Gannon doesn’t lose the team with giving up points.

By April when the draft comes this game won’t matter. But today, it pisses me off.