Picky Player Peppers

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Here's the si.com version of it:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Julius Peppers still wants out of Carolina, but he'll only agree to be traded to four teams, further complicating the Panthers' efforts to get compensation for the four-time Pro Bowl defensive end.
On the eve of the deadline to place the franchise tag on Peppers, a person close to the player said Wednesday that the impending free agent wants to play for Dallas or three other unnamed teams, two of them in the NFC.
The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because the list wasn't supposed to be made public, said Peppers wouldn't agree on a trade to any other team, which would limit the Panthers since Peppers would likely have to sign a new contract with that new team before a trade could be executed.
Carolina would likely seek a first-round draft pick and other compensation for their all-time sacks leader, who announced last month that he wanted to leave after seven seasons. The Cowboys don't have a first-round pick this year. The Panthers would also likely prefer Peppers not play for a fellow NFC team.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
he wants to also play in a 3-4 and i'm sure he wants to play for a contender. The Cardinals fill both requirements.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He wants to play on a bigger stage... obviously not in the "armpit of the NFL..."
the Cards just played on THE BIGGEST stage. They fit that criteria as well. Plus, they'll be on TV primetime alot this year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the other two NFC teams are reportedly in the NFC South (none of which play a 3-4) -- go figure

I really, really doubt its the Cardinals

maybe its the years of conditioning

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
This might be stupid question but I'll ask it anyways: Is Peppers worth the risk at $9 million a year or so?

Granted, he's probably the most 3-4 OLB on the market now (even though he's not really an OLB) that Suggs got tagged. But it sounds like a big risk to pay a 29 year old a mega contract to play a position that he's never played. Maybe he plays it and is awesome from day one, but it's also possible that he never really masters the position and we're left with a $9 mill a year situational pass rusher.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Cards just played on THE BIGGEST stage. They fit that criteria as well. Plus, they'll be on TV primetime alot this year.

I think a lot of people/players just aren't sold on our Cards quite yet. Heck, they knocked them all the way to the Super Bowl.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Just because we had success last year don't assume players see us as a "contender" I have a hunch many could see the team as the latest in the long list of hot teams that flash in the SB and fade out. My guess is his other 2 NFC teams are probably also in the NFC East (Philly and New York?)

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Peppers played in small market Carolina. He probably wants Dallas, NY Giants, or Philadelphia. Maybe his AFC team is the Steelers.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
We won't go after him because we drafted a very similar player in Calais Campbell.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We won't go after him because we drafted a very similar player in Calais Campbell.

:lmao:

Holy moly that some funny stuff right there.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I'm going to guess and say he wants to play for the following.....

Cowboys
Redskins
Dolphins
Patriots

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson