Phoenix clears salary - Marcus, Bullock and Granger gone

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I expected Keef would take it hard. He will get over it. We can now sign Chandler with no problem. We can ship or s&t Markieff and Tucker is LMA agrees. Otherwise we keep those two.

Having Keef without Marcus is a real plus. No more brothers on the same team.

If that is the scenario I hope Chandler can be the guy who finally gets through his thick skull that this isn't Kansas anymore and being a soft whiny b doesn't win games.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus was gone the moment he got in the coaches face on the bench.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is the scenario I hope Chandler can be the guy who finally gets through his thick skull that this isn't Kansas anymore and being a soft whiny b doesn't win games.

And the good stuff keeps rolling. Thinking of the movie, The Wizard of Oz.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's literally the perfect double-meaning, considering Bill Self and Kansas pump out soft crybaby after soft crybaby.

I passed over it the first time because things were so hectic... then I came back to it. Funny.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I can see the Suns moving Kief and Tucker separately. This was a good move anyways.

Back up options could be West and Lee

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much for the claims that it would cost the Suns to trade a Morris. I'd be surprised if the other one didn't bring us a first. He's likely heading to either Portland or Dallas. He doesn't appear to have the maturity to stay and play for the team. It Aldridge does pass on the Suns we could have an issue at the 4. More than we had. I'm certain they have options laid out, but how good they are isn't likely to be too special. One thing everyone should agree about McD, he certainly keeps the off seasons interesting and entertaining.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much for the claims that it would cost the Suns to trade a Morris. I'd be surprised if the other one didn't bring us a first. He's likely heading to either Portland or Dallas. He doesn't appear to have the maturity to stay and play for the team. It Aldridge does pass on the Suns we could have an issue at the 4. More than we had. I'm certain they have options laid out, but how good they are isn't likely to be too special. One thing everyone should agree about McD, he certainly keeps the off seasons interesting and entertaining.

I'm hoping we keep Markieff in the event that Aldridge doesn't pick us. We'd have the cap space to sign Tyson outright and still keep Markieff. Despite his displays of maturity, his talent is undeniable and it's worth the gamble to see how he does without Marcus, his security blanket.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping we keep Markieff in the event that Aldridge doesn't pick us. We'd have the cap space to sign Tyson outright and still keep Markieff. Despite his displays of maturity, his talent is undeniable and it's worth the gamble to see how he does without Marcus, his security blanket.

I agree. If Markieff has his head right I'd prefer to keep him over Tucker. He is the better player between the two. I think having two centers will help out defensively.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think someone mentioned on a radio show, no other moves will be made until LMA decides where he is going.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While I would have prefered they traded Kieff - a Chandler/Marcus/Aldridge front court would have been nice - keeping Kieff in their pocket is smart if LMA opts for the Spurs.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crap. When he steps off the plane and gets slapped by the heat, he'll say, "Screw This" and jet off to San Antonio.

The heat in Phx is not exactly a secret and basketball is an indoor sport. :)

I'm just closing here people. :)

So glad Marcus is gone. I don't like him. If he is still on the team I bet we see a whole new Keef this season. Attitude wise

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The heat in Phx is not exactly a secret and basketball is an indoor sport. :)

I'm just closing here people. :)

So glad Marcus is gone. I don't like him. If he is still on the team I bet we see a whole new Keef this season. Attitude wise

I feel the same, that's why I want to keep Markieff. The Suns have a young PF making only 8 million a season for 4 years.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I would rather trade Keiff and Tucker for a younger PF and Sf on a rookie deals. I would love to get Gannis or an unproven SF/PF

Still would like to get a cheaper D/3 SF than Tucker, unless LA wants him here.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sooooo.......lots of cap space to do nothing with

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only about 10M$ or so actually

Unless there's a clear upgrade or young talent, I'd prefer if they kept some cap space open during the season to possibly absorb a contract if and when the disgruntled player gets traded mid season.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
that is impossible, we only have capspace because Knight's caphold is lower than his extension.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So maybe the Suns should sign the BPA if they can't keep their cap space. The Suns can always do a trade like with IT if necessary.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The Suns have multiple trade exceptions if they do go over the cap now. Dragic and this trade.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Suns have multiple trade exceptions if they do go over the cap now. Dragic and this trade.

Dragic cap exception has to be renounced most likely unless they can sign Chandler without going under the cap or without renouncing the exception (might be close thanks to the Detroit trade)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No regrets about the trade, we got rid of garbage and cancer.