Reaction score
I guess we have to sign Aldridge first.

Then sign and trade Markieff Morris or PJ Tucker for Tyson Chandler

Then extend Knight.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 19s19 seconds ago
Suns have no assurance that Aldridge will sign, but the fact that he's suddenly so intrigued has motivated them to push hard.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I guess we have to sign Aldridge first.

Then sign and trade Markieff Morris or PJ Tucker for Tyson Chandler

Then extend Knight.

Exactly. That's some evil genius stuff from McD going on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 18s18 seconds ago
LaMarcus Aldridge is considering the possibility of taking a visit or two in free agency, sources tell Yahoo. No decision is imminent.

Crap. When he steps off the plane and gets slapped by the heat, he'll say, "Screw This" and jet off to San Antonio.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12s13 seconds ago
The Lakers will get a second meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge today in Los Angeles, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

C'mon! Really?

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
The important thing this shows is that the Suns are planning to go after someone else if Aldridge says "NO". In fact, I think they might already have a deal in place with that player ...

If Aldridge goes to the Spurs, this frees up $8 - $10 million in cap room right? ... And there would still be a need at PF, right? ... My guess is the Suns are targeting David West with that money if Aldridge says "No" ... Who would be a better PF option with that money?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Not a fan of West at this point. He's gritty and a good vet, but I'd rather try and put the money elsewhere.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The important thing this shows is that the Suns are planning to go after someone else if Aldridge says "NO". In fact, I think they might already have a deal in place with that player ...
That's what I'm thinking. I don't think the Suns have limited their options to just LMA.

If Aldridge goes to the Spurs, this frees up $8 - $10 million in cap room right? ... And there would still be a need at PF, right? ... My guess is the Suns are targeting David West with that money if Aldridge says "No" ... Who would be a better PF option with that money?

I agree.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I stinking love this trade. Even if we don't get LMA this now opens up a lot of minutes for Warren, probably some for Booker too.

With the Morrii together there was no way we could get away with banishing Marcus to the end of the bench without pissing off his brother.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
Not a fan of West at this point. He's gritty and a good vet, but I'd rather try and put the money elsewhere.

West wouldn't put the Suns over the top, but if he just costs $8 - $10 million on a short-term deal, I think he would be worth it for the added vet experience, playoff push, etc. . Besides Aldridge, there's nobody to put the Suns over the top in FA - If the Suns have cap room, they definitely should use it (especially w/ the cap rising). That's the bottom line really and I would rather sign a VET w/ that money than some overrated youngster on the same tier as Ed Davis or Amir Johnson.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also Keef undoubtedly has a LOT more value as a solo asset on that contract as opposed to having to attach his brother to any trade. If Keef gets moved (and his attitude might force it) then we should be able to actual value in return.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Always wanted Al Horford for this team. That would be nice potential trade as he is FA next year and if LMA falls through.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Keef undoubtedly has a LOT more value as a solo asset on that contract as opposed to having to attach his brother to any trade. If Keef gets moved (and his attitude might force it) then we should be able to actual value in return.

He should be worth at least a first round pick and Boston has some to burn.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very very very happy to see the twins separated and that we kept the better (and lower tech rate one) of the two.

I'm sure they're both upset but they lost the privilege of being united on the court when they started committing crimes off of it.

Totally agree, really needed to move Marcus. With him gone and Chandler on the team, the locker room will be much better.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expected Keef would take it hard. He will get over it. We can now sign Chandler with no problem. We can ship or s&t Markieff and Tucker is LMA agrees. Otherwise we keep those two.

Having Keef without Marcus is a real plus. No more brothers on the same team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen