Phoenix clears salary - Marcus, Bullock and Granger gone

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No regrets about the trade, we got rid of garbage and cancer.

Granger is good people, just hard to say where he is healthwise. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets waived and we pick him up.

Bullock just needs to go somewhere where he can play. Lot of development to do there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granger is good people, just hard to say where he is healthwise. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets waived and we pick him up.

Bullock just needs to go somewhere where he can play. Lot of development to do there.

Of the three players gone (Granger, Marcus and Bullock), the only one I thought might solve a problem for the Suns is Granger. That's based on the player he used to be.

IMO, the twins probably should have been moved but Markieff is the best of the two so I hope he comes back with the attitude to prove doubters wrong. Actually I didn't think the Suns would be able to move either with charges pending. Maybe Marcus goes on to prove something too.

Bullock did not show me anything in the opportunities he had.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the three players gone (Granger, Marcus and Bullock), the only one I thought might solve a problem for the Suns is Granger. That's based on the player he used to be.

IMO, the twins probably should have been moved but Markieff is the best of the two so I hope he comes back with the attitude to prove doubters wrong. Actually I didn't think the Suns would be able to move either with charges pending. Maybe Marcus goes on to prove something too.

Bullock did not show me anything in the opportunities he had.

Yeah...Granger is the only one I would have like to see stick around but the rest? See ya!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"Honestly, in Phoenix I didn't think I had the opportunity," Marcus Morris said. "I kind of wanted to play with my brother so much that I kind of took away from myself. I never felt like I had a chance to grow as a player over there".

"During my time in Phoenix, I never really felt they were comfortable with me
. 'Give him five minutes here. We're going to make sure he gets his time.'

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index....tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

In my opinion, God works in mysterious ways, and He has plans for certain people. Everybody knew how bad I wanted to play with my brother. Phoenix knew. For them to trade me without consent or telling me was like a slap in the face, because of the contract I took from those guys and the money I took from them.
Poor Marcus, didn't really get a fair shot here... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my lord, I've never loathed two Suns players more then I loathe the Morri. Marcus didn't give his "consent" or wasn't asked about the trade, splitting him up with his brother? Yeah... no ish, Sherlock. That's what happens when you're a cancer on and off the court. Dude acts like he's ENTITLED to play with his brother. As for his beef that they signed a contract together, well, again, Morron, you and your brother can keep living your co-dependent life and have shared bank accounts even if you're not on the same team.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/...ade-a-slap-in-the-face-from-suns-organization

Now, please get rid of the other Morron... YESTERDAY.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny for him to whine about that contract. He only got paid because of his brother. Marcus is a replacement level player, a guy who should be living on year to year contracts but he got the security of a 4 year deal because he and his more talented brother still haven't overcome their womb attachment.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Funny for him to whine about that contract. He only got paid because of his brother. Marcus is a replacement level player, a guy who should be living on year to year contracts but he got the security of a 4 year deal because he and his more talented brother still haven't overcome their womb attachment.

He stunk in Houston. Staying there for another couple years might have been the fast track to Europe for that guy. Instead he comes to Phoenix and is able to get a multi-year contract. What an entitled baby.

Hate the Morris brothers.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my lord, I've never loathed two Suns players more then I loathe the Morri. Marcus didn't give his "consent" or wasn't asked about the trade, splitting him up with his brother? Yeah... no ish, Sherlock. That's what happens when you're a cancer on and off the court. Dude acts like he's ENTITLED to play with his brother. As for his beef that they signed a contract together, well, again, Morron, you and your brother can keep living your co-dependent life and have shared bank accounts even if you're not on the same team.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/...ade-a-slap-in-the-face-from-suns-organization

Now, please get rid of the other Morron... YESTERDAY.

Right there with you. These two guys are my least favorite Suns of all time.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's very likely the Suns just haven't received any value for Markieff and they are holding on to him to see if his value goes up in the first half of the season. I don't now how bad a cancer he is in the locker room? I guess they might feel his damage goes down with his brother gone and therefore can be held to a minimum until they can get something for him. I think they want him gone, just waiting until a good enough offer comes around. If these two had shown an ounce of consistency I'd have more patience with them, but they frustrate me more than most and than throw in that they are identical idiots, I'd have to agree that they are in my top 5. Still my hate for Marbury and Shaq is too deep for these two to pass. Hopefully Markieff is gone sooner than later.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Who's fifth? Robert Hip Shake "throw me that towel" Horry?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's fifth? Robert Hip Shake "throw me that towel" Horry?

Antonio McDyess has to be one of my most disliked Suns. Robert Horry is right there as well plus I have added Goran to the list. I didn't like his last minute trade demand. Perhaps I'm sure there are others as well like perhaps the Morris twins. I don't understand the dislike for Marbury and Shaq.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am i missing something? Why is Markief getting so much hate, are we just painting with the same brush now? The only problem i have with him is the beating they laid on that dude. Still its some kids stupid way of protecting their mother. Who knows, Marcus may have been the bad influence and instigator.
He wasn't the one that was screaming at Jeff and it is well known in town he is the quiet of the two.
Was there any problem with Kief before Marcus was signed? Did he even get as much Ts before idiot twin rolled into town. Theirs may be one were they are better separated than playing together in the same city.
I am willing to give Kief the benefit of the doubt. Shipping him off for a good offer would be nice but he may yet return drama free and better focused.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am i missing something? Why is Markief getting so much hate, are we just painting with the same brush now? The only problem i have with him is the beating they laid on that dude. Still its some kids stupid way of protecting their mother. Who knows, Marcus may have been the bad influence and instigator.
He wasn't the one that was screaming at Jeff and it is well known in town he is the quiet of the two.
Was there any problem with Kief before Marcus was signed? Did he even get as much Ts before idiot twin rolled into town. Theirs may be one were they are better separated than playing together in the same city.
I am willing to give Kief the benefit of the doubt. Shipping him off for a good offer would be nice but he may yet return drama free and better focused.

We shall see.

https://twitter.com/Keefmorris/status/616698278789263361

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's his TWIN brother and although not completely unexpected, that is an understandable tweet.

Actually I thought the tweet by Markieff was rather mild considering.

It would be better if Markieff can remain happy in Phoenix as I think both might be better players if they play for different teams. Marcus has a chance in Detroit to establish his game as a starting SF. Markieff should only improve in Phoenix providing he wants to be here.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I thought the tweet was pretty tame considering. They were both convinced, they had this illusion, that they would be able to play together for a long time with Phoenix. I am sure that in recent months they knew that it was in jeapardy. But there is a finality to it once the trade is announced.

I am willing to let Kieff prove himself. Insiders say that Marcus was the thug and Kieff fed off of it. Before Marcus came, he was just fine. So maybe he will be OK, maybe not. We will see.

Having someone who acts as one with you in the locker room is quite empowering, and enabling--in this case in a bad way.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think Kieff is the main one who called out the fans for not loudly supporting a team that hasn't made playoffs in 6 years.

Fans typically don't react well to a player calling out fans after the team gets humiliated at home that same night.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think Kieff is the main one who called out the fans for not loudly supporting a team that hasn't made playoffs in 6 years.

Fans typically don't react well to a player calling out fans after the team gets humiliated at home that same night.
This an there are the rumblings that he an Jeff do not get along....wouldn't be a surprise.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Marcus Morris rips Suns for trading him
Marcus Morris | DET
(July 13, 2015 9:11 AM EDT)
Marcus Morris lit into the Suns for trading him to the Pistons, but he's happy to be in Detroit.
"I wouldn't say stunning, but in Phoenix, I would say I didn't have a great opportunity," he said. "Everybody knew how bad I wanted to play with my brother. Phoenix knew. For them to trade me without consent or telling me was like a slap in the face, because of the contract I took from those guys and the money I took from them. I'm happy to be here. I'm a Piston. I'm a Bad Boy. I'm ready to get started.'' Morris is expected to battle rookie Stanley Johnson for the starting small forward spot.
SOURCE: DETROIT FREE PRESS

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marcus Morris | DET
Marcus Morris lit into the Suns for trading him to the Pistons, but he's happy to be in Detroit.
"I wouldn't say stunning, but in Phoenix, I would say I didn't have a great opportunity," he said. "Everybody knew how bad I wanted to play with my brother. Phoenix knew. For them to trade me without consent or telling me was like a slap in the face, because of the contract I took from those guys and the money I took from them. I'm happy to be here. I'm a Piston. I'm a Bad Boy. I'm ready to get started.'' Morris is expected to battle rookie Stanley Johnson for the starting small forward spot.

he can't pull that card, he slapped the Suns with his off and on court behavior.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marcus Morris | DET

Anyone who knows anything about the NBA knows that the Suns have no obligation whatsoever to give him any consent. They owed him nothing.

So. Moving on.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
lol, Gambo usually annoys me but that is good stuff.

Marcus is such a piece of trash. I expect Markieff to be a disease this season. Cannot stand those idiots.

I've never been a big fan of either of them, although last summer I softened my stance on Kieff. But I've never liked Marcus and it's nice to see some vindication. :)

If there is even a hint of any kind of backlash from Kieff, I say get him outta here. I'd rather overpay mediocre talent than keep him on this team.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen