Pelicans @ Suns Thursday game thread 11-21-19

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Player usage by management contributes to injury. Baynes should
not have needed to be the team savior at this stage of his career.

I don't see how you can ever absolve management of their
responsibility. Losing Ayton was not luck. It was lack of
mentoring a young player.

Only accidents indicate bad luck. Not one of the Suns MIA was
the victim of an accident on or off the court. You can't solve
or prevent unavailability of players if you don't anticipate and
pinpoint the causes.

My posts reflect my career in management. I never blamed
failure on bad luck. And I hold Suns management to the same
standard. Hurricanes, tornados or snowstorms are not the
cause of the Suns walking wounded.

Just the rigors of a long NBA season and how management
has prepared for it. Obviously, this early in the season, there
have been flaws. Or it wouldn't be an issue.
Just curious, why are your posts so oddly formatted? Not a big deal, just wondering.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just curious, why are your posts so oddly formatted? Not a big deal, just wondering.

It evolved after straining my eyes reading 6-7-8 line paragraphs stretching all the
way across the page from some other posters. The words began blending together.

My senior citizen tri-focal eyes and glasses had to move on to the next post, and I
was missing some good points being made.

I was a Marketing major once upon a time and I was taught to make it as simple (as
opposed to complex) as possible for people to get my point.

Specifically, write and think like an online or newspaper article. Following the headline
and, if utilized, sub-headline making the most important points.

Make your first paragraph the most important and your final paragraph the second
most important. That is what people will remember the most.

I admit I got carried away, trying to make each post no more than four sentences
long, covering no more than a quarter to a third of the long expanse of the width
of the screen.

And, as you can see, ending at about the same place, as you would expect in an
online article. It is amazing how many paragraphs turn out that way.

Just for kicks, here is what the run-on version looks like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It evolved after straining my eyes reading 6-7-8 line paragraphs stretching all the way across the page from some other posters. The words began blending together. My senior citizen tri-focal eyes and glasses would just tend to move on to the next post, and I was missing some good points being made. I was a Marketing major once upon a time and I was taught to make it as simple (as opposed to complex) as possible for people to get my point. Specifically, write and think like an online or newspaper article. Following the headline and, if utilized, sub-headline making the most important points. Make your first paragraph the most important and your final paragraph the second most important. That is what people will remember the most. I admit I got carried away, trying to make each post no more than four sentences long, covering no more than a quarter to a third of the long expanse of the width of the screen. And, as you can see, ending at about the same place, as you would expect in an online article. It is amazing how many paragraphs turn out that way. Just for kicks, here is what the run-on version looks like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granted, that was the exception, but there have been posts like that. I just
couldn't navigate them. My eyes are blurred now from proof-reading it. :)

Which brings up another point. Not proof-reading posts. Seeing what you
wrote rather than what everyone else is reading.

Especially with spell-check changing what we post. How many times has
Sarver come out Server?

Last edited:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Refs as usual call it in favor of the opposing team. When Ingram & co swing their arms while carrying the ball any tick tack foul is blow on the Suns defender. The other way the usual rules apply, which is to allow incidental contact that the offensive player is seeking. Booker must learn from Ingram and Harden to hold the ball firmly with both hands and move it into the defender and seek contact, then topple over and cry like a child. Instead he pushes off with his off hand too much.

All in all though I am pleased with the effort even though it looks a lot like the team from last year, with kind of Booker being the only NBA "plus" level player and the others are decent to pretty lousy bench players. I can't wait for Rubio and Baynes to return.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Hmmm, can’t wait for the core to be back together. What could be and what could of happened so far this season, is intriguing. Need Rubio and Baynes back in a big way.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
It evolved after straining my eyes reading 6-7-8 line paragraphs stretching all the
way across the page from some other posters. The words began blending together.

My senior citizen tri-focal eyes and glasses had to move on to the next post, and I
was missing some good points being made.

I was a Marketing major once upon a time and I was taught to make it as simple (as
opposed to complex) as possible for people to get my point.

Specifically, write and think like an online or newspaper article. Following the headline
and, if utilized, sub-headline making the most important points.

Make your first paragraph the most important and your final paragraph the second
most important. That is what people will remember the most.

I admit I got carried away, trying to make each post no more than four sentences
long, covering no more than a quarter to a third of the long expanse of the width
of the screen.

And, as you can see, ending at about the same place, as you would expect in an
online article. It is amazing how many paragraphs turn out that way.

Just for kicks, here is what the run-on version looks like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It evolved after straining my eyes reading 6-7-8 line paragraphs stretching all the way across the page from some other posters. The words began blending together. My senior citizen tri-focal eyes and glasses would just tend to move on to the next post, and I was missing some good points being made. I was a Marketing major once upon a time and I was taught to make it as simple (as opposed to complex) as possible for people to get my point. Specifically, write and think like an online or newspaper article. Following the headline and, if utilized, sub-headline making the most important points. Make your first paragraph the most important and your final paragraph the second most important. That is what people will remember the most. I admit I got carried away, trying to make each post no more than four sentences long, covering no more than a quarter to a third of the long expanse of the width of the screen. And, as you can see, ending at about the same place, as you would expect in an online article. It is amazing how many paragraphs turn out that way. Just for kicks, here is what the run-on version looks like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granted, that was the exception, but there have been posts like that. I just
couldn't navigate them. My eyes are blurred now from proof-reading it. :)

Which brings up another point. Not proof-reading posts. Seeing what you
wrote rather than what everyone else is reading.

Especially with spell-check changing what we post. How many times has
Sarver come out Server?
Gotcha. Makes sense!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn