Pat Kirwin former GM: Teams love Kyle Lauletta

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's taking it over the top. Way over the top.

Wanna do some kind of a bet? Three years down the line, one of these guys outside of the "top 5" is going to better than at least one QB in the top 5?

Totally agree with this. Odds are at least 2 of the top 4 QB's will be a bust. It's a crapshoot this year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I would take Riley Ferguson in the fourth before I would take KL in the second. He does not have an NFL arm, and he not even close to the top 5 or 6 QBs in this draft. IMO

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I don't think Lauletta is anywhere near ready right now. He'll need 2 years to develop, however, I do think he will be the most successful QB in this draft, leaps and bounds.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Lauletta is anywhere near ready right now. He'll need 2 years to develop, however, I do think he will be the most successful QB in this draft, leaps and bounds.

Asking around to others that follow FCS football, the vibe is that Kyle L is better at this point with a higher ceiling than Jimmy G was coming out of college, and will be NFL ready in a shorter time frame than Garrapolo was. Doesn't have the arm strength that Wentz or Flacco have.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
The pats are drafting him either with their 2nd 1st round pick or their 1st second round pick. He is the only guy the people in the know are talking about around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patriots would take Rudolph before Lauletta, if he's available. Seeing a lot of mocks predicting him being Bradys successor

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And what did "Hold the ball behind a porous line and after 5 seconds chuck it down field" get the Cardinals?
Well it worked well for a while but I am coming around to no seven step drops until your line is to 5 in the league

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lauletta has a NFL arm, just not a cannon like Allen who is unable to direct that cannon at anything with proficiency lol

FIW NFL.com disagree with you concerning Lauletta`s arm.
Questions concerned Lauletta`s arm

1.Arm strength is substantial concern
2.uses excessive trajectory to get more distance on deep throws
3.Pop flys the deep ball
4.CAN`T MAKE ALL THE NFL THROWS
5.Ball doesn`t come off hand with much velocity

NFL .COM talking about Kyle Lauletta`s arm .

Last edited:
Reaction score

3.Pop flys the deep ball

Wrong. Lauletta's arm is stronger than Jackson's.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/quarterback-ball-velocity.260712/

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
So one day Lauletta threw a bit harder than Jackson in a non-game practice and that makes his arm stronger? LMAO.So tell why is his lack of arm strength mentioned so much in his NFL>COM scouting view? Did they just make that up?

What relation are you to Lamar? It can be the only reason someone would be so aggressive about him on a message board lol.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Everything i see says Lauletta is fine with short to intermediate routes.He lacks arm strength to throw deep effectively (deep ball floats).Also says since he doesn`t have a real gun his throws will be harder to complete in NFL.Short area QB is what he is best at.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What relation are you to Lamar? It can be the only reason someone would be so aggressive about him on a message board lol.

Ha-ha.Not being aggressive at all.Anyone thinking Kyle Lauletta has a better arm than Jackson is wrong.Crazy wrong.I know what i saw for 3 years.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

3.Pop flys the deep ball

Then screw NFL.com and I do not care, because I see an arm which is just as good a Montana's was and he fared alright :)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if they can get Lauletta late second it will be good

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BW, are you a Louisville fan?

What can you tell me about the Tom Jurich departure?
Just kinda curious because he went there from NAU, I think.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW, are you a Louisville fan?

What can you tell me about the Tom Jurich departure?
Just kinda curious because he went there from NAU, I think.

Gimpy -been a Louisville fan for nearly 50 years.Jurich was fired in a massive overreaction by the Board of Trustees in a big Power struggle for several reasons
1.Jurich`s continued support of Rick Pitino.
2.Power struggle and personal dislikes with severalL BOT members (Biggest enemy was PIZZAPUNK John Schnattner.
3.BOT-overreaction to NCAA screwing of Louisville with the over-the-top penalties for accusations that where recanted by the main accuser who wrote the book with the help of a INdiana University booster and owner of the small book company that started the whole mess.
4.Several BOT members where appointed by the ******* Governor Bevin who is doing everything he can to keep Louisville from surpassing of Kentucky in any endeavors.You have to live here to understand how most of the state hayseed hillbilly population hates anything at all to do with "that big city University ".
5.Too many people also felt Jurich was too powerful and was getting too big for his brtches because he was always pushing to keep upgrading facilities and programs.That irritated some academics.
6.Like i stated earlier Jurich was solidly supporting Pitino and when he refused to fire Pitino he was fired too.7.Another thing was when the previous University president was sent packing because of very questionable use of school money the acting BOT also used the fact that Jurich was friendly with him (former UL president ) and The NCAA mess and the things mentioned earlier to so-called "clean house' and in the end it all was like a avalanche rolling towards Jurich that he couldn`t stop.
he just ticked off some people who used underhanded crap to get rid of him .That`s the way many fans see things here.Jurich and Pitino are both suing the school for wrongful termination and i suspect both will win.Jurich did nothing wrong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And what are the odds of it happening again?
Assuming we don't all expire in nuclear war, one day it'll happen.

It doesn't change the fact that you don't have to be Montana to be considered a good QB. Kurt Warner didn't have the world's strongest arm, but is still a Hall of Fame QB.

All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to say we have these quarterbacks' careers decided before they've even thrown the football.