Paging John Skelton fans...

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I don't care what happens the rest of this game or if he goes 15/15 with 3 TDs in the second half. You just can't forget what happens during the game because you were happy with the outcome. The whole Tim Tebow corollary if you win you must be good is so annoying.

I've been charting his plays. 3 bad sacks taken. 5 easy missed throws. 2 WTF INTs.

I don't even think this guy is backup material let alone should be starting over Kolb when he is healthy. If he ever gets healthy I guess.

But man Skelton sucks. Like practice squad bad.

And no matter what happens in the 2nd half is going to change that. They'll win in spite of him, if they come back, not because of him.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kolb is just as bad, and he can't even get on the field.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Kolb is just as bad, and he can't even get on the field.

You show me ANY two games throughout Kolbs career as bad as Skeltons 49ers or Bengals games this year and you win a cookie.

I'm embraced for anyone who even tries to defend this guy after this week.

Pretty excited I won't have to hear people justifying Johnny boy as the starter over the offseason after this performance.

And I'm not defending Kolb either. Get rid of his fragile ass too. but Skelton takes sucking too a whole new level. And it's not just this game. Even in his "good performances" he make like 8-10 WTF plays a game and cant lead a sustained drive to save his life.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And the reality of the situation is Skelton probably got lucky on 7-8 other picks that should've been

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You show me ANY two games throughout Kolbs career as bad as Skeltons 49ers or Bengals games this year and you win a cookie.

Pretty excited I won't have to hear people justifying Johnny boy as the starter over the offseason after this performance.

And I'm not defending Kolb either. Get rid of his fragile ass too
. but Skelton takes sucking too a whole new level. And it's not just this game. Even in his "good performances" he make like 8-10 WTF plays a game and cant lead a sustained drive to save his life.

First, as already posted, Kolb was this bad against Minnesota, and Minnesota's defense is awful.

But the bolded area is quite a reversal from you! Hats off. My thought for a while has been that if Skelton cant be developed then the QB of the future is not on the roster, I've been campaigning for the Cards to draft a QB for 2 years now.

Neither Kolb or Skelton are good, they both infact stink. But Skelton at least has some tools to work with, is younger and cheaper. The Cards should look for a real QB of the future this offseason and waive Kolb.

But they wont. Next season will likely be a replay of this season. Kolb sucking and getting hurt. Skelton being wildly inconsistent and a lot of defensive efforts wasted. I really hope Im wrong.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
First, as already posted, Kolb was this bad against Minnesota, and Minnesota's defense is awful.

But the bolded area is quite a reversal from you! Hats off. My thought for a while has been that if Skelton cant be developed then the QB of the future is not on the roster, I've been campaigning for the Cards to draft a QB for 2 years now.

Neither Kolb or Skelton are good, they both infact stink. But Skelton at least has some tools to work with, is younger and cheaper. The Cards should look for a real QB of the future this offseason and waive Kolb.

But they wont. Next season will likely be a replay of this season. Kolb sucking and getting hurt. Skelton being wildly inconsistent and a lot of defensive efforts wasted. I really hope Im wrong.

You are out of your mind saying Skelton at least has tools to work with. there's a reason Kolb was drafted in the 2nd round and the Cardinals reached on Skelton in the 5th.

Kolb hasn't played well enough but he hasn't been here long enough either. You were probably that guy trying to fire Horton too. If Kolb is healthy he is outplaying Skelton and I dont think I'm stretching by saying that with this putrid performance and the 49er one. And yes you mentioned the Vikings game. But you decided to bypass actually looking up the numbers. Get back tome when you do.

Skelton is a bumpkin who can't read a defense. The NFL is more then,akin a good throw every so often and even though that gets the casual fan all hot and bothered (for instance this past couple weeks) people who understand what the are wtching know it's about constant throws time and time again. John doesn't do that ever.

Kolb hasn't done it enough but he's shown it when he has played both here and morso in Philly. If he ever recovers from this concussion and can get on
the field well see what he can do, because unlike the fans who are ready to bail after 6 weeks, the FO will let it play out. I think Skelton should be cut and a rookie should be brought in.

And Kolb basically cost us a second round pick. It's not a coincidence that DRC got traded away and all of a sudden the defense is playing better then ever.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Kolb against MIN - 21/42, 232 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 46.9 rating
Skelton today so far - 6/15, 62 ydsm 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 13.1 rating

Sorry to interrupt your Kolb trolling with facts, but you are wrong. Kolb was far from good that game, but Skelton is taking it to a whole new level of fail today.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yeah, Kolb is tearing it up with the clipboard.
That knee brush to his head is keeping him out??

Apparently it was bad enough he can't even put together complete thoughts.

no clue and not sure what to think at this point,

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Kolb against MIN - 21/42, 232 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 46.9 rating
Skelton today so far - 6/15, 62 ydsm 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 13.1 rating

Sorry to interrupt your Kolb trolling with facts, but you are wrong. Kolb was far from good that game, but Skelton is taking it to a whole new level of fail today.

Thank you. Well put.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kolb must have taken Phrazbit's wife away from him. Seriously dude, you just sound like a whiny brat, not a football fan or anyone who is capable of objective analysis

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Who cares who is right? The bottom line is the offense has been horrendous since Warner retired and Leinart,Anderson,Hall,Skelton,Bartel and Kolb have all failed as QBs.

Once again people are taking out their frustration with the team on other posters instead of the Cardinals where it belongs.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score

And I'm not defending Kolb either. Get rid of his fragile ass too. but Skelton takes sucking too a whole new level. And it's not just this game. Even in his "good performances" he make like 8-10 WTF plays a game and cant lead a sustained drive to save his life.

Has he played 2 consecutive games yet? Geeze people, Skelton is only in there because Kolb is hurt all the time or doesn't want to play. And during that period has 6 wins. Say what you want about Kolb but he hasn't done anything. And for what this team is paying you should really lighten up with Skelton.We were still in playoff contention till this weekend. They could have just folded up till next season.

Skelton certainly didn't ask for this. He just played and I believe until this weekend had the offense with him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard