Paging John Skelton fans...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kolb against MIN - 21/42, 232 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 46.9 rating
Skelton today so far - 6/15, 62 ydsm 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 13.1 rating

Sorry to interrupt your Kolb trolling with facts, but you are wrong. Kolb was far from good that game, but Skelton is taking it to a whole new level of fail today.

Kolb played so poorly the game was over after 1 quarter. Link his 1st quarter stats... because from there on out it was garbage time.

And, as stated, Minnesota's defense is among the worst in the league and they totally embarrassed Kolb.

Once again let me state, I dont not think Skelton is good. But Kolb has done NOTHING to sperate himself from Skelton. People talk about his "play in Philly" as evidence he is good. What? 2 freaking good games? His stats as a whole are the SAME as his stats in Arizona, and his record in Philly is just like his record here! In Philly last year they went 2-4 when Kolb played a snap, 8-2 when they didnt have to use him, AND HE HAD BEEN THERE FOR YEARS!

So for the last 2 seasons Kolb's teams are 4-10 when he plays and 13-3 when he does not.

But I am suuuure its just a coincidence.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kolb must have taken Phrazbit's wife away from him. Seriously dude, you just sound like a whiny brat, not a football fan or anyone who is capable of objective analysis

lol... talk about being objective. Me using a guys stats, career and facts to demonstrate that he stinks... the only defense for him as a player is apparently blind faith so you say he must have taken my wife?

Stay classy.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If Douchet doesn't tackle himself we tie it up.

should've never came to that play...Fitz would've walked in had Heap not blocked air!!! As Wiz has said all year this team didn't execute!!! So many chances this year...:bang:

or even Colledge knocking the ball out of Skelton's hands that ultimately lead to a FG instead of TD.

Mucho blame to go around for this loss...Doucet's play just magnified lost opportunities!!!

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Donald called it. Skelton is Plummer Part Two. People praise him for his awesome comebacks, forgetting that he was the reason we were behind in the first place.

Send his a$$ packing, along with Doucet.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

Sorry to interrupt your Kolb trolling with facts, but you are wrong. Kolb was far from good that game, but Skelton is taking it to a whole new level of fail today.
Thank you for twisting the stats in your favour by taking full game for Kolb and just first half for Skelton... why don't you use little bit of your smarts and compare first half to first half??? Or now full game stats...

Skelton today 23/44, 297, 2 TD, 3 Ints, 60.5 rating!

What a way to use "facts"

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Skelton finishes 23/44, 297yds, 2tds, 3ints, 60.5 rating.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would his rating had been if Douchet doesn't fall down?

Another TD and 30 yards?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would his rating had been if Douchet doesn't fall down?

Another TD and 30 yards?

Yeah but it should never have come to taht. The one drive Roberts wide open for a tD he underthrows it Pacman knocks it away. Next play FItz wide open he underthrows that Fitz is literally standing on the sideline and gets tackled short and then we don't score the TD.

Skelton made enough plays to get it close but Doucet's mistake was just the last one, Skelton lost this game.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The blame goes around... even defense did not play well in the first three quarters. Really poor tackling and no pressure on the QB.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The blame goes around... even defense did not play well in the first three quarters. Really poor tackling and no pressure on the QB.

Yup. Special teams were awful. Zastudil couldn't make a good punt to save his life today.

There were several blown coverages and lots of missed tackles early

Skelton was awful in the first half. Our playcalling was suspect again and Our Oline is now the league leader in sacks after giving up another 5 today.

Quite frankly with the way we played early we were lucky that we didn't get destroyed

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You show me ANY two games throughout Kolbs career as bad as Skeltons 49ers or Bengals games this year and you win a cookie.

I'm embraced for anyone who even tries to defend this guy after this week.

Pretty excited I won't have to hear people justifying Johnny boy as the starter over the offseason after this performance.

And I'm not defending Kolb either. Get rid of his fragile ass too. but Skelton takes sucking too a whole new level. And it's not just this game. Even in his "good performances" he make like 8-10 WTF plays a game and cant lead a sustained drive to save his life.

@MIN with us, and @TEN in 2010 with the Eagles. Both of those games were worse than what Skelton was able to put together today, because at least the game was close at the end, and we were reasonably within it.

Unsurprisingly, that was the last game that Kolb was the starter for in Philly, and he was immediately benched:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20101...ans#menu=highlights&tab=recap&recap=fullstory

Tennessee got 17 of its points off three Eagles turnovers -- all by Kevin Kolb, who lost his starting job when coach Andy Reid announced after the game Michael Vick will start after the Eagles' bye.

Kolb said he was disappointed to hear Vick would start next but said he knew he missed too many easy ones that allowed the Titans to hang around.
"It came back and bit us," Kolb said.

The turning point came when Tennessee, which had already intercepted Kolb, stripped him of the ball at the Titans 3 in the third quarter. Tennessee drove for a field goal to pull within 16-10.

It's shocking (shocking!) that Kolb has struggled so much while he's been here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah but it should never have come to taht. The one drive Roberts wide open for a tD he underthrows it Pacman knocks it away. Next play FItz wide open he underthrows that Fitz is literally standing on the sideline and gets tackled short and then we don't score the TD.

Skelton made enough plays to get it close but Doucet's mistake was just the last one, Skelton lost this game.

Then Whis lost the game. Even in a 3/4 full Paul Brown stadium, the note at the beginning of the game said that the Browns plan was to put the game in the hands of John Skelton. If that were the case, then Whis played right into their hands, calling pass after pass apparently to "get John in a rhythm". Whatever.

Run the damn ball to keep it close the first three quarters. You don't want Skelton passing the ball 2/3rds of the time if you expect to win.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't watched the game yet aside from NFL.com highlights...But WTF is wrong with Skelton? He misfires on a 5 yard pass that I could probably throw and than again throws a interception straight to a Bengal defender when the ball just needs to be thrown away. Than on the last play of the game, he throws it straight to the middle when he is clearly suppose to be using the sidelines???

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Then Whis lost the game. Even in a 3/4 full Paul Brown stadium, the note at the beginning of the game said that the Browns plan was to put the game in the hands of John Skelton. If that were the case, then Whis played right into their hands, calling pass after pass apparently to "get John in a rhythm". Whatever.

Run the damn ball to keep it close the first three quarters. You don't want Skelton passing the ball 2/3rds of the time if you expect to win.
This is the biggest issue. Skelton, over the past 5 games, has been asked to throw more than every QB in the NFL not named Brady/Rodgers. Couple that with his 44 attempts today, and I'm sure he has had more attempts than any QB in the league during that timeframe. The play calling is dumbfounding, to say the least. There's no excuse to ask your young QB, who you know isn't very accurate, to throw 80% of the time. Certainly the players needed to execute, but you're making it extremely easy for the other team to win when you call plays like the Cardinals do, it's inexcusable.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The running game wasn't working. Two yards and a cloud of dust ain't gonna cut it. If Beanies knee is still bothering him, he needs to sit out and let it heal.

BTW, how come LSH wasn't returning kicks today? I noticed he was in on a couple of plays and even caught a pass, so he wasn't on the injury list.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Haven't watched the game yet aside from NFL.com highlights...But WTF is wrong with Skelton? He misfires on a 5 yard pass that I could probably throw and than again throws a interception straight to a Bengal defender when the ball just needs to be thrown away. Than on the last play of the game, he throws it straight to the middle when he is clearly suppose to be using the sidelines???

Part of it is mechanics - a known issue that makes it so that he is off with his throws

Part of it is he's just a young QB - young QBs make mistakes and have trouble reading coverages that they didn't see in college

add all that and a Oline that has expertly brought us the matadore style of blocking (ole) against one of the better pass rushing teams in football and you get a disaster.

Some of it is on Skelton, some of it is on the Oline, and a large part of it goes on the coaching staff

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The running game wasn't working. Two yards and a cloud of dust ain't gonna cut it. If Beanies knee is still bothering him, he needs to sit out and let it heal.

BTW, how come LSH wasn't returning kicks today? I noticed he was in on a couple of plays and even caught a pass, so he wasn't on the injury list.

Probably punishment for the last few weeks when he has brought it out when he was told not to

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Per Jurecki it was because of a sore hamstring

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the biggest issue. Skelton, over the past 5 games, has been asked to throw more than every QB in the NFL not named Brady/Rodgers. Couple that with his 44 attempts today, and I'm sure he has had more attempts than any QB in the league during that timeframe. The play calling is dumbfounding, to say the least. There's no excuse to ask your young QB, who you know isn't very accurate, to throw 80% of the time. Certainly the players needed to execute, but you're making it extremely easy for the other team to win when you call plays like the Cardinals do, it's inexcusable.

Because their run defense was good and outside of the sacks, there were guys open. AS they told us Whiz was mad that Skelton wasn't seeing the open guys, they told us that several times.

He finally made some plays but too late.