Final Two Minutes

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A veteran QB should know this regardless of the scheme. It is on the QB to know this. Time to take some of the kid gloves off Kyler.
Idk. I felt like the coaches were taking more control after it was 3rd and 8.

Kyler has had his issues with 2 minute drills before. But I've never seen him huddle with the clock running in that situation (at least in that particular situation). Kyler should have trusted his instincts more.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I heard this a couple of weeks ago and I think the announcers mentioned it this week. Offense is partly about rhythm. The “new” offense has unusually long play nomenclature. This cause 2 problems. One is it’s easy to mishear a play. I’m told that’s happened a couple of times. Perhaps that also accounts for some of the odd pauses we’re seeing. Additionally it simply takes a couple of seconds longer to send in the play. Games are so noisy asking for a repeat is common. Seconds between plays are precious, especially in a 2 minute drill. The Cards aren’t the only team that does this but it’s a huge deviation from Kingsbury’s system. I expect Murray to get more comfortable with this structure, but it will take time.