OT: Tim Tebow, ProBowl QB?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan. he ain't a QB. He's a broken play auteur, the ultimate sandlot player...but he's a freaking winner.

He's damn fun to watch. I actually don't want him on my own team, but he's worth tuning into a game for.

Perfect description. Dude was 3 for 16 heading into 4th with 40 yards passing! LMFAO

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect description. Dude was 3 for 16 heading into 4th with 40 yards passing! LMFAO

Once I realized and understood this was what he was, I started to really freaking enjoy watching him play. I find myself hoping that the protection breaks down, so he can actually do the crap that he's so damn good at, which is making something out of nothing...the chicken **** into chicken salad cliche.

If I were coaching them, I'd randomly assign OL to ef up their assignment. Either that, or I'd trade for the entire Cardinals Oline and start them.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Bottom line is that he is 7-1. Doesn't matter how he is 7-1, just that he is.

The only other QB in the NFL with a better winning percentage than Tebow is Aaron Rodgers.

The way he plays is ugly, but it gets the job done. Kinda like some college girls I knew back in the day. :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is that he is 7-1. Doesn't matter how he is 7-1, just that he is.

The only other QB in the NFL with a better winning percentage than Tebow is Aaron Rodgers.

The way he plays is ugly, but it gets the job done. Kinda like some college girls I knew back in the day. :D

Skelton not far behind at 4-1 :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then thank goodness you're not the Cardinals' defensive coordinator. I promise you that DC's around the league are trying to figure out how to stop him rather than ignoring his contributions to Denver's success.

His style of play may be a "fad," but I don't think it's not going to begin and end with him. Teams will develop "Tebow" offenses -- read options -- around similar players.

Will defenses catch up? Yes. Does that mean his contribution this season is any less significant? No. He's changing the league - not just the broncos -- with his play. Just like every team now has a wildcat package because of that fad from a few years ago.

I have a hard time buying into teams needing to "adjust to stop Tebow" when the Tebow offense has put up less than 20 points in 5 of his 7 starts.

What teams really need to figure out his how to score on Denver's amazing defense. Tebow is clutch, but he is only getting the opportunity to be clutch because his defense keeps him in the game for 60 minutes when the offense only elects to show up for the final 10.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

No doubt.... How come no one is hyping our terrible "winning" QB

Put a "Not of this World" sticker on his helmet and they will come?
our terrible winning QB had as many picks today as theirs did this entire season. The thing I like with Tebow is that he minimizes mistakes

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Fraggin Ridiculous.

This is just getting silly.

I call shenanigans.

You must be registered for see images

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Latest Denver win = Marion Barber the idiot. People can't handle the real truth. Of course you could say this observation is a little light headed with all the THIN AIR in Denver which by the way is great for long long fieldgoals when your offense cannot get as close as you would hope for :)

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
our terrible winning QB had as many picks today as theirs did this entire season. The thing I like with Tebow is that he minimizes mistakes

Pretty sure Skeltons int's would be a tad lower if he only threw it 16 times a game. :D

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan. he ain't a QB. He's a broken play auteur, the ultimate sandlot player...but he's a freaking winner.

He's damn fun to watch. I actually don't want him on my own team, but he's worth tuning into a game for.

He can be in the pro bowl, but only as the third QB so he plays in the 4th quarter. :D

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
Tebow was actually throwing the ball quite good against the bears. Like Tebow his WR didnt show up til the fourth quarter. They were dropping balls left and right. One would have been for a td.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard