OT: Tim Tebow, ProBowl QB?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And people wonder why I shy away from personal religion. Coo coo for Cocoa Puffs!

I'm not a fan of Tebow, religious-wise, football-wise, or otherwise (someone PLEASE get that reference!). That said, this season, sure, he deserves some Pro Bowl consideration.

I'm in no way questioning your religious views or values, but Kurt Warner was also a man of great faith, just like Tebow. Even going as far as bringing the Bible to his retirement speech.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I could care less about Tebow's religious activities. It's not like he's on my front lawn preaching every morning and my TV has both a mute button and an on/off switch.

What irritates me is that we've won 4 of 5 including two overtime wins, one of those vs Dallas, and two 4th quarter game winners, and we get almost no mention in the media at all that I've seen.

Maybe Kolb needs to start evangelizing or standing on his head after TDs or something.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kolb needs to become the anti-Tebow for entertainment value...say he is winning and get two strippers from Vegas and call them his goddess' and then we would be in business :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in no way questioning your religious views or values, but Kurt Warner was also a man of great faith, just like Tebow. Even going as far as bringing the Bible to his retirement speech.

Kurt Warner recently suggested that Tebow should refrain from being so public with his faith.

:thud:

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he probably will go. I'd say his team deserves the most credit though

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yet, I have to admit I am on the Tebow bandwagon for the sheer amazement of what the young man is doing in the NFL.

Just ridiculous. It makes no sense what so ever that he is having the success he is having.

He is the anti-Cardinal. He finds new, never before seen, ways to win each week. It is almost as impressive as watching how the Cardinals seem to lose games that are beyond all reason to lose.

I turned on the Broncos - Vikings game last weekend. It was 31-29 or something to that effect, with the Broncos losing. I turned to my wife and said, "Tebow has them right where he wants them, the Broncos will win this game." I had absolutely no doubt about it.

Of course they won, it is just freakish. Scary freakish.

I want to see him do it against New England.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yeah, and I've said on multiple occasions that it annoyed the heck out of me. Still, he was my team's player and took us to a Super Bowl, so I kind of had to just try to ignore it. Tebow is not on my team, so I can actively dislike him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah, and I've said on multiple occasions that it annoyed the heck out of me. Still, he was my team's player and took us to a Super Bowl, so I kind of had to just try to ignore it. Tebow is not on my team, so I can actively dislike him.

You're not the only one. I heard many of his teammates were put off by his "Bible Thumping."

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I liked Tebow coming out and I still like him now. He just wins. I'd take him over any Cardinal QB not named Kurt Warner.

Max Powers

Reaction score
Is this a will he make it or a should he make it question? Will he, with the fans able to vote and the need to get people to watch, probably. Besides, they usually end up with the 5th or 6th choice of players with last minute "injuries" coming up for those originally voted in.

Should he..... That's kind of a loaded question. His numbers are not great by any means (except 7-1) and he is not great at the position. He does have the ability to make throws occasionally but accuracy is an issue. I think, as far as Pro Bowl worthy QB's go, he is the middle of the pack. His running ability may move him up a little but, his passing numbers are skewed by the fact that they don't really rely on him to throw much. That team is based on the run game and D. Now, saying all of that, I do find it hard NOT to root for the guy. If the Pro Bowl was based on heart and will to succeed, he would start for the next 15 years!

So, long story short, I think that there are more deserving QB's (Dalton, Sanchez, Flacco..) but I think popularity will win out and he'll get in... Which is fine.... Who really watches that glorified scrimmage that close anyway..,,

-V

Max Powers

Reaction score
He is playing the position of QB, that I agree with, but until the league changes around him, I won't say he playing the position well. I give it to him, he is a tremendous athlete, great leader and very talented football player but that does not necessarily make his QB play any better. Right or wrong, the qb position is based on passing..... And in that category he falls short of many in the league.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Wait until the shine wears off and he loses some games, then he will fade off into the sunset. The media will lose interest in him and he will be just another football player.

I have nothing against the guy. I just don't believe God is willing him and his team to win. Is he a good role model, definitely. Is he a great QB, not so much. He is different and that is why the media is swooning around him. Tebow is taking advantage of this to do some low key preaching. He is taking advantage of an opportunity which many others would do the same.

I think Dansby's statement proves how gullible he is. If you are that in awe of your opponent you have lost before you even played.

Once Denver loses a few Tebowing will fall off the map and everyone will move on to something else. A fad is all it is.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is playing the position of QB, that I agree with, but until the league changes around him, I won't say he playing the position well.
Then thank goodness you're not the Cardinals' defensive coordinator. I promise you that DC's around the league are trying to figure out how to stop him rather than ignoring his contributions to Denver's success.

His style of play may be a "fad," but I don't think it's not going to begin and end with him. Teams will develop "Tebow" offenses -- read options -- around similar players.

Will defenses catch up? Yes. Does that mean his contribution this season is any less significant? No. He's changing the league - not just the broncos -- with his play. Just like every team now has a wildcat package because of that fad from a few years ago.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan. he ain't a QB. He's a broken play auteur, the ultimate sandlot player...but he's a freaking winner.

He's damn fun to watch. I actually don't want him on my own team, but he's worth tuning into a game for.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson