OT: other games 10-8/9-23

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well the Dallas media are going to throttle the cowboys after this one. A loss would have been expected, but this was an embarrassment.
Different sport, but the LA media did not throttle the Dodgers after their thrashing by the DBacks. They made all kinds of excuses and put the DBacks down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy we are so behind in the trenches compared to Philly & SF it’s not even funny. Mainly talking DLine trenches.

Yep on paper those are the 2 best teams largely because of their ability to run the ball and stop the run. It will come down to who is healthiest in the NFC between those 2 I figure.

AFC is more open, KC is good but not sure their WR corps is good enough. Miami has a great offense, not sure the defense is good enough although again they need to get healthy. Buffalo is great but they have so many injuries on defense right now.

But I think SF and Philly are the clear best teams right now

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Purdy can't be that good.

He just can't be.
He reminds me of Kurt Warner. Not the greatest arm or measurables. Just a student of the game. He studies hard to be great so when they line up he knows exactly what the defense is giving him, and he can diagnose where the ball is supposed to go by reading one quick defender.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raiders get their second win tonight over Green Bay

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Different sport, but the LA media did not throttle the Dodgers after their thrashing by the DBacks. They made all kinds of excuses and put the DBacks down.
Yeah that’s ridiculous and elitism on their part. For the cowboys the same record plays every year. they get happy when they win games against average teams and they talk Super Bowl, but they always are good for a let down.

For baseball I’ve heard complaints that the higher seeded teams are at an unfair disadvantage because they get too much time off. The Astros social media accounts and beat writers were making fun of the rangers because the rangers celebrated being a wild card birth. I hope the rangers eliminate the O’s first. But I hope they get a crack at the astros.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Doyers can suck it.

There is a reason I won't spend a red nickel on baseball, competitive balance is a joke.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I been a silver & Black fan since I were a wee lad...but lord they are in a dark place right now.
Baby bowl cut sure ain't a chip off no block
Eh Al Davis was a terrible owner for decades though.

The Raiders just make bad decision after bad decision. Even when they make a good decision, I'm pretty certain it was the result of a bad decision making process.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He reminds me of Kurt Warner. Not the greatest arm or measurables. Just a student of the game. He studies hard to be great so when they line up he knows exactly what the defense is giving him, and he can diagnose where the ball is supposed to go by reading one quick defender.
Not taking anything away from Purdy, but his success has way more to do with Shanahan/Lynch than anything else. He works his ass off to his credit, but he fits perfectly with what Shanahan wants & needs. But, would he be as good as he‘s been with most other franchises? I say no.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Eh Al Davis was a terrible owner for decades though.

The Raiders just make bad decision after bad decision. Even when they make a good decision, I'm pretty certain it was the result of a bad decision making process.
yeah...wish a Bidwill were a terrible enough owner to get three Lombardis in the case...
the game just passed Al by is all...it happens with age.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
yeah...wish a Bidwill were a terrible enough owner to get three Lombardis in the case...
the game just passed Al by is all...it happens with age.

Attachments

• i resemble that remark.jpg
    i resemble that remark.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 5