OT: other games 10-8/9-23

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well if that 15 yard penalty was called it would have been the most yards that Dallas has gained in the game. They suck on offense.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
21-7 SF after some referee assistance on the drive. Cowboys have extended two of their drives with bad 3rd down penalties. And intentional grounding not called on purdy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And Turpin tackled way late out of bounds and gets his ankle hurt in the process. No call. All of the calls are going one way.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yep. Used to sit through it for 4 quarters every week at Sun Devil Stadium.
I remember that Kevin smith play in the 90’s. I also remember Troy aikman almost getting murdered on the field more than one occasion before they protected QB’s heads.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purdy is so good it's amazing. Not that tall, not that strong an arm but as they keep saying he just reads the defense and processes the play so quickly he always seems to make the right decision. Accuracy and timing.

I know in that offense you don't have to make as many difficult throws but he's not a game manager like Jimmy G was, he's perfectly willing and able to go downfield.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
purdy is better than dak and has a better play caller. SF know where the chains are on third down and Dallas do not. But the SF players are running wide open and cowboys wide receivers are hip pocketed.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Purdy is so good it's amazing. Not that tall, not that strong an arm but as they keep saying he just reads the defense and processes the play so quickly he always seems to make the right decision. Accuracy and timing.

I know in that offense you don't have to make as many difficult throws but he's not a game manager like Jimmy G was, he's perfectly willing and able to go downfield.
For sure. It’s hard to watch the cowboys look so lost on both sides of the ball. I thought the game would be a little closer than this.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This game once again shows the difference in talent with the 49ers vs everyone else. Its just staggering
Absolutely and dallas is overrated as most on here have already pointed out. The gap between Dallas and SF has grown a fair amount. SF are exposing the cowboys

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game once again shows the difference in talent with the 49ers vs everyone else. Its just staggering

Said it when it happened I could not understand why some people questioned the CMC trade. They were a contending team with 2 obvious issues, they didn't have their QB, and they had a great run game but not a great RB and that's why Deebo was so involved in the run game. Getting CMC allowed them to dial back some of the usage on Deebo. And then they lucked into Purdy, blew the Trey Lance pick but got Purdy with the last pick of the next draft.

But the CMC trade was the move that put them over the top, teams have to fear him in both the run game and the pass game and a guy like Purdy is just so good at picking apart defenses doing that. Dallas is loading up to stop CMC, and they actually have done a nice job, but 3 TE TD's to Kittle and now one to the FB because Dallas is so worried about CMC

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9ers are treating the Cowboys like they're beating up their little brother just for fun.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cowboys are moping around as they are getting shellacked.
They are front runners. When chasing the fold up like a cheap tent.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Said it when it happened I could not understand why some people questioned the CMC trade. They were a contending team with 2 obvious issues, they didn't have their QB, and they had a great run game but not a great RB and that's why Deebo was so involved in the run game. Getting CMC allowed them to dial back some of the usage on Deebo. And then they lucked into Purdy, blew the Trey Lance pick but got Purdy with the last pick of the next draft.

But the CMC trade was the move that put them over the top, teams have to fear him in both the run game and the pass game and a guy like Purdy is just so good at picking apart defenses doing that. Dallas is loading up to stop CMC, and they actually have done a nice job, but 3 TE TD's to Kittle and now one to the FB because Dallas is so worried about CMC
True. Kittle torched them in the playoffs last year too. I think CMC and Samuel were both banged up in that game. Now they both look fresh and purdy looks a lot better than he did in the playoffs. Cowboys offense does not look any different. Have to wonder if Dak’s days are numbered.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

The amazing part is cmc was injury prone prior to coming over to the niners. Now he's the picture of health.

Everyone knew how talented he was but the injury history made people unsure how much he could play