Ravens at Niners

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't get the game, Direct TV blackout. No channel 12 on OTA Antenna. I'll be damned if i'm going to sign up for another streaming service.
You aren't missing much

Steelers up 21-0

Looks like the late game is on Peacock so I won't be able to see that one

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Can't get the game, Direct TV blackout. No channel 12 on OTA Antenna. I'll be damned if i'm going to sign up for another streaming service.
I just subscribed to Peacock for that reason at only $5.99 mo. Not for only tonight's games, but because the NFC playoffs are on NBC, and I am a Lions fan. I will cancel after the NFL season.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
As we all saw coming, the chargers are up 10-0 on the bills

Need the bills to wake up an win this one. Want as many teams to have as many tiebreakers against the texans as possible.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Everything is streaming now, I've watched every game for 5 years streaming.... there's just ways to do it for nerds lol

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The NFL isn't losing anything. Not a dime.

I don't like this more than anybody else but it's not going to reverse direction.
Okay. Agree to differ.

People are getting tired of these subscription costs for streaming services. It is a very fractured market without a unified way (unlike cable tv) to watch and not every one is tech savy. I see more downsides to it than upside. There is a reason ESPN put games on public TV for all MNF.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't mind that streaming is an option. I just don't like it being the only option especially for playoff games
yeah, I have a lot of streaming apps for other reasons, but I don't think I am going to get Sunday ticket anymore. it's kind of a rip off IMO when multiple games are unavailable now due to multiple streaming competitors. If a customer pays for Sunday ticket then they should get every game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Agree to differ.

People are getting tired of these subscription costs for streaming services. It is a very fractured market without a unified way (unlike cable tv) to watch and not every one is tech savy. I see more downsides to it than upside. There is a reason ESPN put games on public TV for all MNF.
The NFL is making MORE money because of it. The only way to stop it is for NBC/Peacock to lose subscribers and lose money. But they are likely to add subscribers and increase revenue, in the long run, over network advertising. It's probably going to work. The best way to reverse it and make it fail is for Peacock to LOSE subscribers because NFL fans who have it are ticked off on your behalf. Think that's going to happen? LOL.

Don't subscribe. I won't. I won't even sign up for the free trial to watch a game. That will show them.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The NFL is making MORE money because of it. The only way to stop it is for NBC/Peacock to lose subscribers and lose money. But they are likely to add subscribers and increase revenue, in the long run, over network advertising. It's probably going to work. The best way to reverse it and make it fail is for Peacock to LOSE subscribers because NFL fans who have it are ticked off on your behalf. Think that's going to happen? LOL.

Don't subscribe. I won't. I won't even sign up for the free trial to watch a game. That will show them.

I am sure NFL knows what it is doing..there are also enough yellow warning signs like Suns (my first time mentioning Suns in ASFN?) moving to local TV, ESPN adding more public revenue by playing MNF and wild card on national TV.

Paramount and Peacock (or some other subscriber) trying to merge etc etc..

Streaming services including Disney are starting to lose some steam. It is fractured market that will consolidate more in the next 10 years. NFL sold the rights so NFL will take the contracted money..

Will Peacock lose money over this, to me it is likely they will. Will that change anything? Not likely either.

Loss to NFL is some eyeballs and not money. And NFL doesn't care.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bills beat the chargers 24-22 and as of now the texans are knocked out of playoff standings

Go Browns
The NFL is so competitive, this game was a lot closer than I expected. the bills wanted to lose and the chargers couldn't oblige them. thank god Mike McCarthy convinced Jerry to fire Kellen Moore. Jerry is a dumb___

Lorenzo

Reaction score

truth. I subscribe to peacock for EPL. I also use Youtubetv for a cable sub. it gives me the chance to see every EPL match that I want and most NFL games that I want, because it gives me all the featured NFL games. amazon prime is easy because I use it for more than just streaming. for me the NFL Sunday ticket is on the chopping block. if my team isn't on tv I can just go to a local establishment and watch the game. especially where I live. so the NFL is still winning even if I don't subscribe to every streaming opportunity.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
truth. I subscribe to peacock for EPL. I also use Youtubetv for a cable sub. it gives me the chance to see every EPL match that I want and most NFL games that I want, because it gives me all the featured NFL games. amazon prime is easy because I use it for more than just streaming. for me the NFL Sunday ticket is on the chopping block. if my team isn't on tv I can just go to a local establishment and watch the game. especially where I live. so the NFL is still winning even if I don't subscribe to every streaming opportunity.
Similar here. My wife is an Amazon Prime member so we have that and Netflix. I got Sling with sports add on for cable substitute. That has NFL Red Zone so I got rid of Ticket years ago. My OTA antenna is good, I get every channel in Phoenix so I am pretty set.

For some reason we have HBO, or "Max" as I guess they call it now, but watch very little. We could watch Hulu and Disney from my kids but we don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson