OT: other games 10-22-23

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly a defensive hold but how did they not call holding on the OL who tackled the 49er DT behind Cousins? That should have been offsetting down over.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9ers have used all TOs alrwady lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Addison in college but man has he been great tonight.

The key is that they have zero sacks, the key to their defense is they get pressure and sacks without having to rush more than 4 so they can have 7 in coverage. Tonight it hasn't worked and Cousins is making plays as a result. They're getting close, but they can't get home.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
somehow I will jinx it but I started tonight with about an 11 point lead in fantasy, I'm done, he has Osborn. I'm ahead by 3.85. That one deep ball he dropped that was nearly a nice catch would have put him over the top.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minnesota’s kicker left the door open

Personally, at that point, I would’ve just tried to go for it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Purdy pick lol

That's where the no timeouts killed them. When he stepped up he had 10 yards or more easily to run but he knew he couldn't run because of no timeouts so he forced it. Ballgame.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last nights game perfectly illustrated why trenches should be the priority. Especially OL.

Vikings OL dominated. Gave Cousins all the time he needed to pick his pass. If you have a half decent QB and can do that then you will win games.

Time to move on from Hump (who has been poor this year) and draft Fashanu.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Last nights game perfectly illustrated why trenches should be the priority. Especially OL.

Vikings OL dominated. Gave Cousins all the time he needed to pick his pass. If you have a half decent QB and can do that then you will win games.

Problem being, that'll cost us a shot at MHJ. We are desperate for play makers and we have a ready-made LT replacement on the roster. Sign/draft a RT and go with MHJ 10 times out of 10. If only Houston would've played their part, we could've gotten both. Because I would LOVE us to get Fashanu.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Problem being, that'll cost us a shot at MHJ. We are desperate for play makers and we have a ready-made LT replacement on the roster. Sign/draft a RT and go with MHJ 10 times out of 10. If only Houston would've played their part, we could've gotten both. Because I would LOVE us to get Fashanu.
If you haven't watched Odunze from UW, that guy is a beast too. He's big, fast, wins the contested catch and looks like a true #1 receiver.

I think I would be happy with a draft of Newton and Odunze too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And while I, of course, do not like the Rams they *did* get hosed by the officials at the end of their game. The Pitt. QB lost yardage on a 4th down sneak and the refs. signaled 1st down. More of what’s arguably been the worst refereed weekend of games in league history.
Damn I hate the f’ing Stealers. I have never seen a team that week in and week out get dominated up and down the field & but by the grace of the zebras, are always in a game. Unless of course, they play a legit team. Because then, Tomlin gets outcoached to the point that not even the refs can help them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That last pick lost the game for them. We never saw the route on the replay I have to assume Jennings either slowed up or got bumped because the throw was WAY ahead of him?

But probably gives the Vikings the win.
It took a few weeks, but Flores has done a good job with that Vikings D. He may not be a great HC, but he’s a damn good DC.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I watched Fashanu against OSU last weekend & thought he looked a little stiff & rigid. But, he is a mountain of a man. Granted, I hate PSU & try to avoid watching them beat up on the Panera Bread Universities of college football. I’ll have to watch more of him. I have watched Alt from Notre Dame a couple of times. He looked great against USC, but most LT’s shine against that D. Didn’t think he looked good against Louisville though. Just not certain if he’s too tall to be a great LT in the pros. I think either guy would be a great pick for us though. But, I want MHJ if we’re sitting at 2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Honestly, I'm not really bothered about MHJ. he's great but there are very good WRs in every draft now.

We've spent years bemoaning line play and now we want the shiny bauble over the foundation piece.

The Vikings just shredded the #1 defense through the air without Jefferson because the QB had time.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not really bothered about MHJ. he's great but there are very good WRs in every draft now.

We've spent years bemoaning line play and now we want the shiny bauble over the foundation piece.

The Vikings just shredded the #1 defense through the air without Jefferson because the QB had time.
I thought we just drafted the foundation piece LT of the future? Let's get a top WR now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought we just drafted the foundation piece LT of the future? Let's get a top WR now.

You need two great tackles now. The days of it being LT only are long over.

The current top 10 NFL wide receivers are a 5th round pick, a 2nd round pick, a 5th round pick, Ja'marr Chase, a 3rd round pick, a 3rd round pick, a 2nd round pick, a 4th round pick, Brandon Aiyuk and a 6th round pick. And Aiyuk was taken in the 20's.

You can't say the same thing about the best tackles in the league.

I don't think there is good value in high pick WR's and more. It's becoming like high pick RB's.

I would take Trent Williams all day, every day over any WR in the NFL.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Just pick the best player.

We need strong drafts, lots of 2nd contracts, and a few impact players.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft the best player, regardless of position, with the top pick. (IMO, that will not be Maye or Williams in the top 2 or 3.) If you have two great players weighted equally, then consider position.