OT: other games 10-8/9-23

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Wouldn’t matter if we had Joe Montana. We need a whole lot of defensive talent. This defense can’t stop anybody… except the Cowboys.
It’s not hard to stop the cowboys. They sucked so bad today that they couldn’t even get into the red zone to make excuses about why they can’t score in the red zone.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not hard to stop the cowboys. They sucked so bad today that they couldn’t even get into the red zone to make excuses about why they can’t score in the red zone.
Yep. And yet the media will suck up the the Jones and the Cowgirls.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Purdy is so good it's amazing. Not that tall, not that strong an arm but as they keep saying he just reads the defense and processes the play so quickly he always seems to make the right decision. Accuracy and timing.

I know in that offense you don't have to make as many difficult throws but he's not a game manager like Jimmy G was, he's perfectly willing and able to go downfield.
I really believe Purdy is just that in sync with Kyle (vice versa). Even as loaded as San Fran is Kyle wouldnt call the perfect play for Darnold or Darnold wouldnt execute just exactly how Kyle would have wanted.

Best compliment I can give him is it looks like a great playcaller and great QB in aligned in college. Not even a bias its like watching Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. Perfect play, perfect execution, again again again.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I really believe Purdy is just that in sync with Kyle (vice versa). Even as loaded as San Fran is Kyle wouldnt call the perfect play for Darnold or Darnold wouldnt execute just exactly how Kyle would have wanted.

Best compliment I can give him is it looks like a great playcaller and great QB in aligned in college. Not even a bias its like watching Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. Perfect play, perfect execution, again again again.
Yes they are a good pairing, but purdy is at a different level than all of the other SF QB’s that Kyle has coached. Purdy is clinical. He makes it look so easy. Baker mayfield doing it in college against grossly inferior talent isn’t the same as nfl. just another reason why people should stop trying to overlook what purdy is actually doing.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes they are a good pairing, but purdy is at a different level than all of the other SF QB’s that Kyle has coached. Purdy is clinical. He makes it look so easy.

In hindsight I really wish they followed Kyle's first instincts and drafted Mac Jones. Might have been like Jimmy G where he's not bad enough to be benched but appear decent enough to start for multiple years.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In hindsight I really wish they followed Kyle's first instincts and drafted Mac Jones. Might have been like Jimmy G where he's not bad enough to be benched but appear decent enough to start for multiple years.
Who knows, maybe Mac Jones would have rocked the offense for Kyle if drafted.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe Mac Jones would have rocked the offense for Kyle if drafted.
You never know, that’s a good point. If purdy went to NE he would probably be struggling or even better most likely would not be playing. I think D-Back Jon made a good point that Dallas really put a lot of effort to stop CMC and it allowed purdy to pick them apart. Dallas also had some really bad third down penalties that kept the 49ers on the field. Hit to the head and lining up offside. With that said purdy was really clinical with his throws and decision making.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Guess how many he had in the other Niners 4 blowout victories? ZERO.

Why? Because he’s not what makes the Niners dominant. That’s their offense and defensive lines. He’s a luxury item.

With or without a big Kittle game, they pulverize everyone.

Yeah but it’s fun going back and forth with ppl who think an elite TE had the same impact as an elite ILB.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember everyone that the Cowboys fired their OC of the last few years, Kellen Moore, so that Mike McCarthy could call plays with him and Brian Schotteinheimer designing the offense. McCarthy said that they threw too much and scored too fast

"Kellen wants to light the scoreboard up, but I want him to run the damn ball so I can rest my defense. I want to be the No. 1 team in the league with the number of wins and a championship. And if we’ve got to give up some production and take care of the ball a little better to get that, then that’s what we’ll do because we have a really good defense.”'

Moore's offense made the Cowboys a top 5 scoring offense and had people arguing Dak was a top 10 QB. But they lost in the divisional round again (to a much better team) and because they didn't meet expectations they needed a scapegoat. Now instead of being worried about the offense scoring too fast, they have to worry if the offense can even score at all.

Meanwhile Moore has gone to the Chargers and fixed their offense.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dallas is so average. I don't know why the TV announcers keep saying they got all the talent in the world. Their offensive line is better than good, WR and QB slightly above average, Micah and DLine are above good. Rest of roster is meh