OT: Mike Jurecki terminated

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think Dan and Vince are great together. I wasn’t a huge fan of Dan when he did the show on the other station with Jurecki but I think he is a perfect partner for Vince.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i like Jurecki

maybe it was conditioning from all those years when the Cardinals were the least popular pro team in town -- but Jurecki was a football guy who would and did talk Cards and NFL 12 months out of the year.

B Train -- odd that i thought he was decent pre game for the Cards, but as a mid day radio host, it just wasnt good

He and Jurecki had no natural chemistry -- funny how that stuff is obvious listening

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I guess Bickley is writing for Arizona sports exclusively now, so his show can be 4 hours long.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Dan and Vince are great together. I wasn’t a huge fan of Dan when he did the show on the other station with Jurecki but I think he is a perfect partner for Vince.

Agreed. Dan has some seriously hot takes but I like the show. They have excellent chemistry.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He blasted BIM on Facebook saying “he does not know what he is talking about”. I just said BIM is a good guy and why say that. Instead of blasting him, just give your point of view. MJ dropped me as a friend. So much for meaningful discussion.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
B-Train was bad by himself. He is great when he would team up with Doug and Wolf or when he and others talking about the Cards(can't think of the name of the show right now). He seems to be better with another co-host. Guess it wasn't MJ.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He blasted BIM on Facebook saying “he does not know what he is talking about”. I just said BIM is a good guy and why say that instead of blasting him, just give your point of view. MJ dropped me as a friend. So much for meaningful discussion.
MJ has always been a prick.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every sports talk show should be 4 hours. Where I’m at we have 2 Boston sports talk stations. They have zero national hosts and all shows are 4 hours. Pretty lucky to be able to listen to that everyday instead of all the national guys who are boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem I've found with long shows is they rehash the same damn thing every 3 commercial breaks, at least with Gambo's show. I end up on long drives at times and it's annoying that they don't go deep on topics and instead just repeat news conversation over and over

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I tried listening to berry but he was so new and unpolished that stopped after a short time. Listening to his sound bites the other shows used I never got the feeling he improved. I was thinking about checking it out again when MJ joined the show because he has a lot of inside knowledge but just never did.

I do listen to Bickley and Morotta. It has become my favorite show. The work really well together and have great bits. I have often wondered why they are only on for 2 hours but figured that if they were on for 4 they would probably just repeat themselves like the other shows do.

I wonder what they are going to do with the 2 hour void in the schedule.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Dump Ban Dickley and pair Vince back with Chuck Powell Id be pretty stoked to listen to sports radio again. Those two together are hilarious.
I listened to Powell's show for a couple days. It was awful.
I heard Chuck’s show in Seattle ended a few weeks ago... :idea:
I listened to Powell's for a couple days and it was awful. I still tell people about the Morning Ritual and even though I like Vince with Bickley I would drop Dan in a heartbeat to bring Powell in....on ANY station, sports or not, just for the chance to catch that lightning in a bottle again.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried listening to berry but he was so new and unpolished that stopped after a short time. Listening to his sound bites the other shows used I never got the feeling he improved. I was thinking about checking it out again when MJ joined the show because he has a lot of inside knowledge but just never did.

I do listen to Bickley and Morotta. It has become my favorite show. The work really well together and have great bits. I have often wondered why they are only on for 2 hours but figured that if they were on for 4 they would probably just repeat themselves like the other shows do.

I wonder what they are going to do with the 2 hour void in the schedule.

I read that Bickleys show is now 4 hours in place of the blitz.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s turned into kind of an ass towards fans in social media. I remember having a discussion with him about Rob Gronkowski on his Facebook page and he DMed me to ask that I delete all of my comments because he thought I was wrong.

I had several exchanges with him on Twitter last year, and he was always snarky and trying to get in the last word. At least twice attacked me after he completely mischaracterized something I'd said, and I had to point him back to the conversation and correct him. Only once did he acknowledge that he was wrong and semi-apologize. It was clear that he was juggling so many fan interactions that he wasn't keeping them straight, all the while trying to be "right" and have the last word. Lots of this stuff is opinion so there is no right or wrong. Silly to perpetuate such confrontations IMHO.

B-Train was absolutely awful by himself, but I thought the show was somewhat resurrected by adding Jurecki. Bertrand seems like a great guy, but I don't think radio is his calling. Jurecki is a good reporter and seems to have good inside contacts and insight, but his social skills are lacking. I'm sure he'll land on his feet someplace.

I'm now south of Tucson so I sadly have zero airtime with any of these guys unless I'm up in Phoenix for some reason. And I won't be at the games this year for the first time since Jiffy Pop opened in 2006. Gonna be a weird adjustment.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i hope Jurecki is reading this thread and makes some adjustments towards fan interaction.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never had any exchanges with MJ or B-Train & had hoped with MJ's addition the show would grow, obviously it did not.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I never had any exchanges with MJ or B-Train & had hoped with MJ's addition the show would grow, obviously it did not.

B-Train needs a driver, and Jurecki WAS not it. He also needs some polishing up help that I don’t think he was given. B-Train is good people and part of me thinks he was done somewhat wrong in that the station knew they had a raw guy and never gave him proper help to meet his potential.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The problem I've found with long shows is they rehash the same damn thing every 3 commercial breaks, at least with Gambo's show. I end up on long drives at times and it's annoying that they don't go deep on topics and instead just repeat news conversation over and over

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Gets a little old at times.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only had good interactions with Jurecki but it was in person. He is a great guy to talk football with.

Bertrand will always be the best host ever for the Big Red Rage. Another guy that is very approachable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard