OT - McCown cut

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Does this make you wonder if there will be a trade? 1st pick to Philly for Foles, their first and swapping seconds or something.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How ironic if the cards pick him back up. Doubt it though

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good cap savings.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
The #Bucs have released QB Josh McCown, they announced. Saves more than $4M in salary cap space;

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I would love to get him back. He is a decent QB we can win with if Palmer goes down. If we had him instead of Lindley we would have beaten the Panthers. Unless we are drafting a QB in the first round this would be a smart move if we are going to take a run at a Super Bowl this year.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would love to get him back. He is a decent QB we can win with if Palmer goes down. If we had him instead of Lindley we would have beaten the Panthers. Unless we are drafting a QB in the first round this would be a smart move if we are going to take a run at a Super Bowl this year.
No thanks. He's 35 and a perennial backup. He cashed in on 6 or 8 good games with the Bears. I'd rather stick with a younger Stanton over McCown.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would not mind if the Cards still made a play for Glennon. With right coaching and right players around him, he may have starter potential. I would take him over drafting some chump with a mid-round pick.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a bad idea to have McCown try out for the 3rd QB spot.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not mind if the Cards still made a play for Glennon. With right coaching and right players around him, he may have starter potential. I would take him over drafting some chump with a mid-round pick.

IMO with McCown cut, Glennon will be the starter until Winston/Mariota is ready. Glennon then becomes their backup. Bottom line is Glennon will be with the Bucs at least for the 2015 season.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No thanks. He's 35 and a perennial backup. He cashed in on 6 or 8 good games with the Bears. I'd rather stick with a younger Stanton over McCown.

I would take a 40 year old McCown over Drew "I stare down my first and only read" Stanton all day long.

And I don't think highly of McCown at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think people remember how awful McCown was. Or that he was completely out of the league for a year, playing for the Hartford Colonials.

The guy made the last run of his career throwing to two of the top receivers in the league in a four game span that amounted to nothing. I don't dislike him as a human, but we've been there, done that, and he doesn't deserve to be on this roster at all.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think he may end up in Bmore as Flacco's backup. Isn't that where Trestman landed?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think people remember how awful McCown was. Or that he was completely out of the league for a year, playing for the Hartford Colonials.

The guy made the last run of his career throwing to two of the top receivers in the league in a four game span that amounted to nothing. I don't dislike him as a human, but we've been there, done that, and he doesn't deserve to be on this roster at all.

over lindley/thomas I would take him but not over Drew.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll take him over Lindley
But then again if take a bucket of poop over Lindley

Josh is an emergency QB ...and that's it

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucs are a mess. Understatement alert.

i think they have some really good young players,now i dont know if they want build a team around glennon,many here wish we could trade for him,but maybe he is not so good as we think.
i feel they will draft winston,but i think the experiment could end up in the same way of freeman
if i am a jason leicht i will trade the 1st pick to the eagles for nick foles and their 1 st round pick 2015 and second round pick in 2015 and second in 2016

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard